cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSP return

I sold an item thru the GSP and now the buyer wants to return.  Buyer lied and I am responsible for return ship. All eBay says is to purchase and download a return label, but no help past that.  Have searched the following with no answer:

Am I supposed to only pay for the label from Erlanger, KY to my house, or from Europe to my house?  What address do I use for the buyer on the return label as I only have Erlanger addy? 

Any help or direction to where to look for answers is appreciated.  Thank you all.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: GSP return

If a not as described claim was filed on a GSP transaction for anything other than loss or damage caused during shipping, eBay holds sellers responsible. A lot of sellers that use GSP aren't aware of this.

You're responsible for return shipping from the buyer to you- the KY center is no longer involved.

You can work with the buyer through messages to get their address and either purchase a label somewhere like DHL so they can return the package- or you can have them arrange tracked postage with their local carrier and send them funds for the shipping label. Alternately you can refund without requiring a return.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

or from Europe to my house?

@galetime 

When you use the GSP your are required to fund the return shipping for a "not as described" claim from the international destination back to you.  Unless you can purchase a label via UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. on your own, eBay expects you to front the MONEY for the cost to return it to you.  This is typically accomplished by sending funds via PayPal to the buyer.  

If you DO NOT do this, eBay will refund the buyer from your proceeds and let them keep the item as well. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@galetime wrote:

What address do I use for the buyer on the return label as I only have Erlanger addy

eBay never let you know where in the world the buyer is; all you got was a label to Erlanger, and most sellers don't even notice that it's a reshipping address. You shouldn't have responsibility beyond that domestic address after you've completed the sale.

Just click on Accept in the return @galetime then have eBay issue the return label.

Then it's up to eBay to put the correct address on the return label, and send the link to the buyer. If that's wrong, it's not your problem; eBay should have thought it through.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

If a not as described claim was filed on a GSP transaction for anything other than loss or damage caused during shipping, eBay holds sellers responsible. A lot of sellers that use GSP aren't aware of this.

You're responsible for return shipping from the buyer to you- the KY center is no longer involved.

You can work with the buyer through messages to get their address and either purchase a label somewhere like DHL so they can return the package- or you can have them arrange tracked postage with their local carrier and send them funds for the shipping label. Alternately you can refund without requiring a return.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@otow_18 wrote:

@galetime wrote:

What address do I use for the buyer on the return label as I only have Erlanger addy? 

Just click on Accept in the return @galetime then have eBay issue the return label.

Then it's up to eBay to put the correct address on the return label, and send the link to the buyer. If that's wrong, it's not your problem; eBay should have thought it through.

eBay's system isn't set up to generate international return labels- if the OP follows your advice and the buyer asks eBay to step in, the seller will be in a situation where eBay forces the refund, keeps the final value fees and puts an unresolved case defect on the seller's account.

There needs to be a better system- but boycotting the current system is not going to help the OP.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@otow_18 wrote:

@galetime wrote:

What address do I use for the buyer on the return label as I only have Erlanger addy? 

Ebay doesn't provide return shipping labels for International orders.

Seller either has to buy the label and send it to them or send the buyer the funds to pay the return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@galetime 

If they filed an INAD, you'll have to pay return shipping from the buyers location.

When you accept the return, you should get their address.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

What is the reason for the return? It definitely isn't for shipping damage? As someone else mentioned the gsp does refund the buyer if the problem was that the item was damaged in the shipping process.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@galetime wrote:

I sold an item thru the GSP and now the buyer wants to return. 

If the item was damaged in transit, the buyer is responsible for the damage during the second leg. The "third-party shipper" (the official term here) is required to reject the item back to the seller if it was damaged during the first leg.

G0osdhdhdsohfohfisfoihsoho0.jpg

It seems until eBay changes the legal language, the foundation of the program, any damage in transit is on the buyer. Unfortunately, the marketing hype which lends that the program will pay for damage is not supported by its own terms and conditions.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I did click on accept the return and all eBay says to buy a label and send to buyer.  They did not offer a label.

I just need to know what part of return shipping I'm responsible for first.  If I have to pay from Europe, then its cheaper to just refund, lose the item and walk away. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

They didn't read the listing, so filed a NSAD.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

No damage.  They just didn't read the listing.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If I have to pay from Europe, then its cheaper to just refund, lose the item and walk away. 

@galetime 

You have to pay (with delivery confirmation) from Europe back to you.  Yes, it is likely cheaper to just refund and let the buyer keep the product for free.  I am sure your buyer already knows this. 

It is true, that if the buyer claims damaged in shipping, that the GSP would be responsible for refunding your buyer.  By viewing your products, I don't think a damaged in shipping claim is likely to be successful unless it was the porcelain coffee pot. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Buyer did not read the listing noting that vintage garment sizing is different than modern, read the measures, note what modern sizing is, or note the garment tag with size in the pictures.   Then said I didn't describe correctly for size.  She asked about International shipping rather than GSP after the fact, so I'm sure it was just buyers remorse.   But, many people who have used eBay for a long time know you have to say SNAD to get all your money back. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply