cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

I have never posted a thread before until now. This idea has to be one of EBAY's worst ever.

we constantly are running 7 and 10 days auctions and re-listing them. Simply because of the

fact that people see an item, put it in their watch list, and we always get lots of action the last

24-48 hours before it ends. And if they miss it, sometimes they come back to the new listing

when we start it back up. WOW, this is a really dumb idea.....do you hear me EBAY??

Please send some feedback, whether you agree or not....I'm talking to sellers like me.

Thank you!        P.S.         I could live with -one-  other option like 10 day or 15 day.

Message 1 of 165
latest reply
164 REPLIES 164

Re: GOOD TIL CANCELED A VERY BAD IDEA

You are so clever---you should be running this place
Message 136 of 165
latest reply

There IS NO WAY around this GTC policy---this GTC thing is the NEW REALITY---Good luck
Message 137 of 165
latest reply

Someone posted they found a way around it but hasn't told us how....I don't see any way around it!

Message 138 of 165
latest reply

Caught me off guard, my fault for not reading the last seller update all the way to the bottom.  Chewed up the rest of my "free" listings. Have used that 30 day mark to adjust item description, price, features back in Turbo lister (yes I use the dreaded off-line listing program, as I'm often working in areas not connected (able) to the internet).   So now have unwillingly relisted a bunch of dead merch which likely won't sell thus eBay gets little if any final fee $ for those items.  Will need to re-organize my listing processes to fit the new eBay system and wait for the next improvement.  Thanks for keeping me on my toes eBay......sorta like PayPal improving their refund policy.

Message 139 of 165
latest reply

@weschurch wrote:

@megadeals2022 wrote:

F'in eBay AGAIN makes a change that primarily benefits them by collecting more relisting fees.  This bullsheet has been going on for years now, and it just makes me less interested in selling on eBay.  You just get tired of all the eBay crappp and them constantly nickel diming us sellers....just not fun any more!

Ching-Ching! Alot of people have wrote more elaborate posts about the disgust with these changes but if you were to sum it all up THIS is exactly how people feel about Ebay.......and this is the reason Ebay is dying

Message 140 of 165
latest reply

What I would really like is a "Good Til Sold."

Never liked having to relist after 30 days...Never understood why Ebay wanted sellers to spend time relisting an existing item when that time could be sent listing a new item....and this new GTC is just a way to try and trick sellers into paying more fees......GTC definitely does not help the seller.

Message 141 of 165
latest reply

It destroyed my sales in an instant. I no longer can time my listings... they are all now lost at sea...
Message 142 of 165
latest reply

I don't care for the different selling page either. I kept looking for a way to change it back. I can no longer get larger pictures when moving the mouse over them. I really liked that.
Message 143 of 165
latest reply

I am pretty sure they were not talking about a way around the GTC idea but the new 'my ebay' page design. 

Message 144 of 165
latest reply

One person claimed they had a way around the GTC plan but did not share or answer how they did it.

Message 145 of 165
latest reply

Top right of MyEbay is the option to get classic view rather than the Seller Hub look.

Message 146 of 165
latest reply

Will try again but not seeing anything that will give me classic view.
Message 147 of 165
latest reply

Not enjoying unlisting all items before they charge a fee to automatically relist them for me.

Message 148 of 165
latest reply

Ebay wants you to go back to auctions...that was their plan...More Fees...
Message 149 of 165
latest reply

@psb1usa3 wrote:
Ebay wants you to go back to auctions...that was their plan...More Fees...

And actually MORE SALES!  I do about 2/3 of my sales across all venues with best offer but stuff has been flying out the door HERE with auctions.

Message 150 of 165
latest reply