cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer who also is a seller

I sold a vintage prince tshirt for a little over $300.00. The buyer was very pushy about me lowering the price and sending it immediately. I was accommodating and lowered the price and shipped it immediately. One hour after package was delievered he opens a case and claims I sent him a blank tshirt. I'm floored that someone could be so dishonest!!!! When someone is this blatantly dishonest Im pretty sure it isn't the first time! Is there a way for me to see past issues or if he's had a history of this? I want the info so I can use it when I'm pleading my case. He is also a seller on ebay. What are my rights as a seller? I feel a responsibility to make a big deal so no one else falls victim to someone who should be kicked off ebay.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Fraudulent buyer who also is a seller

I find the reps are pretty good and helpful if I am calm, polite and have my facts in line.

The worst problems I have had were with reps who had difficulty with concepts like "I'm not in the USA" and "Canada is a different country with a different postal system, different currency and different laws."
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I absolutely will !!!!
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Is there a way for me to see past issues or if he's had a history of this?   

Sorry, not anymore.  Buyers can only get positive feedback. Negative reviews under the postive green donut sign are removed.  We are no longer allowed to see if they "puchased" 20 shirts and only got feedback for two from sellers that leave it upon payment.   Basically, you are on your own with a liar buyer.  

You can use toolhaus to see what kind of feedback they leave and the follow ups

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

What your buyer is saying is it is NOT  a concert T-shirt. (blank as in missing the tour dates). Luckily for you there was a picture on the back in which the buyers should have looked better and saw it was NOT a concert T-shirt. TRUE Concert T-shirts will have the dates on the back and that is what your buyer is saying is wrong with the T-shirt. Have the buyer return the T-shirt and when you relist do NOT say it is a CONCERT T-shirt. Without a picture of the back I would have been irate so at least you showed a picture.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

No you are wrong he claimed I sent him a new blank black undershirt.
Message 20 of 35
latest reply

What your buyer is saying is it is NOT  a concert T-shirt.

What the buyer is saying is they want a free shirt.  Blaming the victim doesn't change that.  And not all "concert shirts" have tour dates on them anyhow. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 21 of 35
latest reply

That could be but you also said it was a concert T-shirt and it was NOT. Fraudulent ?

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Update:
Just got off the phone with an Ebay rep. The new rep said I should now accept the return and once I get the returned item... I need to call Ebay back. She assured me I wouldn't be out any money and they were definitely on my side because my account is free of lies where his is not. She said it's always best for me to avoid escalating a case and advised me to accept the return.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

update to the update:
Something didn't seem right with the last rep I spoke with this morning. She advised me to accept the return but the gentleman I spoke with last week told me not to accept the return. I called back and was now advised to not accept the return and the investigation would now take place. I learned something new, the investigation is not contingent upon either parties escalating a case but can not be done before the 7 days of someone opening the case. Also I could be wrong but the more I call back regarding this case it almost seems like I'm transferred to someone with a bit more authority than the last rep. It probably would have been more profitable for me to accept my losses (as just part of the nature of the business). In a lot of ways it's financially smarter to do just that, in the past that's exactly what I've done. I also realized this time I had a responsibility to go through the proper steps.
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

@shoppingwithshan wrote:
update to the update:
Something didn't seem right with the last rep I spoke with this morning. She advised me to accept the return but the gentleman I spoke with last week told me not to accept the return. I called back and was now advised to not accept the return and the investigation would now take place. I learned something new, the investigation is not contingent upon either parties escalating a case but can not be done before the 7 days of someone opening the case. Also I could be wrong but the more I call back regarding this case it almost seems like I'm transferred to someone with a bit more authority than the last rep. It probably would have been more profitable for me to accept my losses (as just part of the nature of the business). In a lot of ways it's financially smarter to do just that, in the past that's exactly what I've done. I also realized this time I had a responsibility to go through the proper steps.

I highly doubt an investigation is taking place. I think you are talking to basic call center reps every time you call. If the return request hasn’t been placed on hold, then I can assure you, no one is investigating and you got played by customer service. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@shoppingwithshan wrote:
update to the update:
Something didn't seem right with the last rep I spoke with this morning. She advised me to accept the return but the gentleman I spoke with last week told me not to accept the return. I called back and was now advised to not accept the return and the investigation would now take place.

eBay has millions of users to keep happy. There is no investigative team waiting to lurch into action as soon as your report is received, either today or three days from now. That idea just doesn't scale for an operation doing business with millions of users. 

Similarly, the fact that you're getting contradictory information seemingly at random in multiple calls to Customer Service should tell you something. You can keep calling until you're told something you want to hear, and then stop calling at that point, but it will have no more effect on the outcome than if you gave up following a call that told you something that you didn't want to hear.

You need to do what's best for you. If you refuse the return, the buyer will get to keep both the refund and the shirt. A "No Returns" policy does not get you a "No Refunds" policy by extension; eBay will simply give the money back to the buyer and he will keep the shirt as well. 

You have the option of taking the shirt back first, so do so. That will at least put the buyer on the spot: if he does return a fake swapped shirt, he has no way of knowing in advance how far you will pursue things either on or off eBay in order to get your original shirt back. If he does pull a switch on you, you have civil remedies available to you, if you can afford the time and expense. The only sure bet is the alternative: refuse the return, and you'll lose everything.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@shoppingwithshan wrote:
update to the update:

If eBay were a real company, they would care that when a customer calls their (mostly outsourced) help line 7 times, they get 7 different answers.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Really? Okay good to know because I don't have any info that the return has been placed on hold.
Message 28 of 35
latest reply

I'm glad I asked because I think you are probably right. Why won't they just be straight forward with me so I can decide how to best deal with the situation? So frustrating
Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoppingwithshan wrote:
update to the update:

@Anonymous, this seller is getting conflicting info from CS each time they call. Can you review this?

Message 30 of 35
latest reply