cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas Return Opened Same Day It was Scanned and Shipped

Just need a little bit of guidance for this return. The item is going to London via First Class International ($20.1 label value). Buyer opened a return case for “Ordered by mistake” right after being scanned by post office. I have called Anchor support and their response does not convince me. They mentioned I could intercept the package, however, I let them know that if I do that I won’t get the $$$ back that I paid for postage, plus I think the post office charges an intercept fee if I am not mistaken. Then they mentioned that I could accept the return and wait for the buyer to send it back. How long will this take though? A couple months to go to London and back?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I would accept the return immediately.  The buyer will then be required to ship the item back to you within 5 days (I think).  They shouldn't be able to do that, so you will win.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

LOL That was a brilliant answer as the OP can close the case in a few days.  Do you know how many days it is?

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

LOL That was a brilliant answer as the OP can close the case in a few days.  Do you know how many days it is?

Not to be a wet blanket, but a few of my recent first class international packages were delivered to the UK in as few as 4 days.  So in theory the buyer could get it back into the mailstream within the 5 business day requirement.

OP, do you accept (remorse) returns?  If not you could decline the request with no harm to your account.  Unfortunately it isn't a good idea to force a buyer to keep something s/he doesn't want.  Too often it ends up in a false SNAD with the seller paying shipping both ways. 

At this point it may be best to minimize your loss.  Tell the buyer it already shipped with a tracking scan (and I bet s/he already knows this) so the options are to refuse to pay the customs fee or return to sender and when you get it back in about a month you will refund.  It may not be possible to refund the payment minus the shipping costs, especially if you had free shipping.  You might  get a sympathetic CSR to issue you a credit for the initial shipping given the circumstances but I wouldn't count on it.

Whatever happens, good luck!

Joe

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Well, I accepted the return, however, it is not 6 days like the domestic returns, they are giving the buyer 3 weeks to return. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@happybidder201 wrote:

Well, I accepted the return, however, it is not 6 days like the domestic returns, they are giving the buyer 3 weeks to return. 

@happybidder201 are you sure? He should have 5 business days to ship it back and 14 to get it delivered to you. I’m wondering if this an unannounced change.....because of the number of buyers who open returns before their item has arrived. Hmmmmm....

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Yup, it says they have until the 23rd to send it back.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks. That’s very interesting. 3 weeks is way too long. Wonder why they got 3 weeks....

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@happybidder201

I'd call CS.  You shouldn't be out shipping because they didn't mean to order something. 

Personally, I would intercept if that's an option. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I believe that an intercept costs around $11.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@banana*shoe*boutique wrote:

@happybidder201

I'd call CS.  You shouldn't be out shipping because they didn't mean to order something. 

Only domestic packages are eligible to be intercepted.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

I believe that an intercept costs around $11.

I think it's $13 actually, which hurts, but it's better than losing the product and shipping both ways.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@banana*shoe*boutique wrote:

@happybidder201

Only domestic packages are eligible to be intercepted.

I was afraid that that was the case.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Fwiw, I would go to your local post office first thing in the morning and speak with the Post Master. There may be something they can do that's not available to consumers to get the package recalled  

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

That would be a waste of time.

The package is gone.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply