cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer who also is a seller

I sold a vintage prince tshirt for a little over $300.00. The buyer was very pushy about me lowering the price and sending it immediately. I was accommodating and lowered the price and shipped it immediately. One hour after package was delievered he opens a case and claims I sent him a blank tshirt. I'm floored that someone could be so dishonest!!!! When someone is this blatantly dishonest Im pretty sure it isn't the first time! Is there a way for me to see past issues or if he's had a history of this? I want the info so I can use it when I'm pleading my case. He is also a seller on ebay. What are my rights as a seller? I feel a responsibility to make a big deal so no one else falls victim to someone who should be kicked off ebay.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report him for abusing the money back guarantee. If he sends back something other than what you sent call to report him again, then file a mail fraud report, IC3 report, and finally a police report if you need to report the theft/loss on your taxes or to your homeowners insurance.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

All you can check is feedback left for others to kind of read between the lines to see what type of feedback he leaves.  But imo, scammers rarely leave feedback so as not to leave a paper trail.

IMO, as soon as a buyer starts getting pushy and demanding, you should have blocked him.  If he is that difficult now, can you imagine how he will act afterwards.

All you can do is respond to the case,  check return for refund, and wait until something comes back.

If it is anything but what you sent file claims with the police and the carrier.

If this is the first time, ebay may give you a courtesy refund.

And block himnow.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report him for abusing the money back guarantee. If he sends back something other than what you sent call to report him again, then file a mail fraud report, IC3 report, and finally a police report if you need to report the theft/loss on your taxes or to your homeowners insurance.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Thank you that is great advise I will definitely do exactly what you advised!!

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Yep, block them as soon as they start getting problematic.  You don’t need the hassle 

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Is there a way for me to see past issues or if he's had a history of this?   

Sorry, not anymore.  Buyers can only get positive feedback. Negative reviews under the postive green donut sign are removed.  We are no longer allowed to see if they "puchased" 20 shirts and only got feedback for two from sellers that leave it upon payment.   Basically, you are on your own with a liar buyer.  

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Cool Prince shirt!

Anyway, you were robbed.  So, do what victims do.  Take your evidence over to the police department:

Did you use USPS?  Then it's mail fraud, which is a federal crime.

Call buyer's local delivery office and tell the postmaster, "One of your customers is using your office to commit postal fraud.  He ripped me off."  Postal inspectors have power.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I know exactly what I would do.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Please share??!! People have had past problems with him I found a complaint from 2016 and a recent feedback that claims fraudulent practice.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

I will absolutely do what you suggested!! Thank you very much for taking the time to include the link.
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

I am not allowed to share.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

😂🤣😂 okay I can appreciate your comment. 

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Just spoke with an ebay rep I was advised to not accept the return and an internal investigation will take place on Monday. I got the impression the rep was able to see past discrepancies or red flags. I LOVE it when I'm lucky enough to get a rep that will actually listen and look through the information and communication!!!!!! I honestly can't complain because of all the bad things I see written about ebay on the community post I have to voice my experience. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but Ebay has been so good to me!!!!! 99% of the time I get kind and considerate reps that do everything in their power to help me.  Once I explain a situation they almost always have my back! I feel like the reason is pretty simple, if I'm at fault I always take responsibility. Of course there has been and will be times when ebay doesn't have the complete picture or enough information but in comparison I have to publicly testify that Ebay has been pretty d#$% good to me! Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my question. I realize I'm only one of the thousands of questions asked daily.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Be sure and stop back Monday and let us know how it goes for you...

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Be sure and stop back Monday and let us know how it goes for you...

You're not suggesting that CS lied to someone, are you? innocent

Message 15 of 35
latest reply