cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - 2 Years of history now available on Orders page 🎉

We can now select a "custom date range" for displaying order history and access data for past 2 years through the seller hub orders page. Thank you eBay for listening after all these years!

orderhistory.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Finally - 2 Years of history now available on Orders page 🎉

I don't typically do this, but a lot of the same questions keep popping up so I'm recapping everything and marking a solution to float this to the top.

• This was a phased rollout. Most, if not all, sellers should have access by now.
  • This is about viewing info on the Orders page in Seller Hub.
  • If you want more comprehensive sales history, transaction history for filing taxes, etc: go to the Reports page under the Payments section in Seller Hub. Those reports have been around with a long history since the transition to Managed Payments.

-----

The main benefits I see from this change:

• You can easily reference sales data from past 2 years with a quick search and not have to dig up various report spreadsheets. It's also an easy way to see past 2 yrs sales history on repeat customers all in one place.
  • You can refund past 90 days which is rarely needed, but I have found occasion where it would have helped (like when I asked buyers to be patient during Covid shipping delays, or when a package was returned by post office as undeliverable past 90 days and I wanted to send the buyer a partial for item cost less shipping).
  • You can download a report from the orders page that includes variation info and not be tied down to the 90 day window. The reports on the payments page do not include variation info.

-----

• This change applies to orders history. This is purely about accessing sales history - it's not about retaining listings or photos. If you click the hyperlink on an old/expired listing you'll get the standard page not found error. You cannot relist or sell similar from these older sales. Listing info is not being retained; this is about quickly accessing order info / sales history without having to download reports from the Payments section.

-----

Some info discovered as I ran several queries through the custom date range function extending beyond 90 days:

• There are some quirks with the filters. For example, change the filter to "paid and shipped". Then change the period to "custom". It will show you a prefilled date range at the top of the page, but results displayed will remain the past 90 days and will not match the custom date range at the top of the page. You have to manually set a new custom date range for the results to change from 90 days to custom.
  • It strips buyer name, address, contact info after 90 days. You can still see buyer ID.
  • It stores the order's "delivered" status and tracking number, but since tracking is expired from carrier websites where eBay pulls the data you cannot view tracking scans. This is kind of annoying for instances where one may have issued a partial refund for some reason because partial refund takes display precedence over a delivered status.
  • I found the cutoff for when "send refund" disappears from the actions drop-down. It's there for one year. I obviously did not test to see if sending a refund would work a year later, but the option is there.
  • It's hit or miss whether your listing image thumbnails will appear. Most appear to be present.
  • At some point in late Dec / early Jan eBay added the below banner:

old orders.png

• When this first launched I did some searches by item, username, etc and everything was fine. But now I'm seeing problems with search and sort. I searched by a username (great repeat customer) and all of their purchases were in jumbled order. The results were there, but I couldn't get them to sort chronologically. Based on the above banner eBay added, these issues will not be fixed. I assume that's because the 2 year look back function won't be highly utilized in most sellers' day to day operations.

-----

• For orders older than 90 days, the following options appear in the Actions menu:
    View order details
    Purchase another label
    Print packing slip and more
    Print coupon
    Mark not shipped
    View payment details
    Add/edit note
    Contact buyer
    Report buyer
    Send refund (this appears only if order is from the last year)
    Archive
GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 41 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Nice, alright.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for sharing!  

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I just checked; I don't have that access yet.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

I've been playing around with it there are some things to note:

• Custom date range is defaulting to 5/17/2021 - 6/18/2021 which is really odd. There also appears to be some glitchiness with this sort option. For example, change the filter to "paid and shipped". Then change the period to "custom". It will show you the above date range at the top of the page, but results will remain the past 90 days. You have to actually set your own custom date range for the results to change. So change it to 5/17/2021-6/18-2021 and it will show accurate results.
  • It strips buyer names and addresses after a certain amount of time. I haven't dug down to see what the cutoff is.
  • It stores the order's "delivered" status and tracking number, but since tracking is expired from carrier websites where eBay pulls the data you cannot view tracking scans. This is kind of annoying for instances where one may have issued a partial refund for some reason because partial refund takes display precedence over a delivered status.
  • I found the cutoff for when "send refund" disappears from the actions drop-down. Today is Dec 1st and the action appears on orders placed 12/1/2021 and later. So it's there for one year. I obviously did not test to see if sending a refund would work a year later, but the option is there.
  • It's hit or miss whether your listing image thumbnails will appear. Most appear to be present.
GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

@pereirahawk wrote:

I just checked; I don't have that access yet.

Thanks for the info. Changes like this are usually a phased rollout, so based on past changes I expect everyone will see this within the next week or two. It just popped up for me this morning.

Edit: Checked another selling account and it's not active on that account yet. So just my main selling account has this change so far.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Still only 90 days for me but perhaps it will be coming to the rest of us soon.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

The new feature has not been enabled for me yet. Could someone test this and see if a seller can Relist or Sell Similar for items older than 90 days?

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Oh, eBay's working on the site, I was wondering why there hasn't been any sales. Now I understand. Thank you.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

@onlinecentral wrote:

The new feature has not been enabled for me yet. Could someone test this and see if a seller can Relist or Sell Similar for items older than 90 days?

That option doesn't exist for orders older than 90 days @onlinecentral.

For older orders you get these options:

View order details

Purchase another label

Print packing slip and more

Print coupon

Mark not shipped

View payment details

Add/edit note

Contact buyer

Report buyer

Send refund (this appears only if order is from the last year)

Archive

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

This is just plain wonderful! Just checked and my two accounts are still 90 days but this will be a MAJOR improvement for sure.   

Glad to see that ebay is starting to listen to its customers again!  information is key when running businesses and if they have to invest in a few extra servers to give us that information- then so be it- its the cost of doing business.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

Been seeing the notice for quite some time, but it never actually worked.

Perhaps I'm not "phased rolled in" yet 😁

Have not tried recently.  Thanks for the reminder.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Now how about providing a saved area for 2 years of ended listings?
We mostly list holiday items, and if you list too early in the season, they are degraded in search due to no activity on them, if you list them  too late, then there is no time to list because you are shipping!

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Don't have it yet so can't check myself

Asked - [can you] "Relist or Sell Similar for items older than 90 days"

You said  basically that option not offered.

My question is can we 'open' those listing so we could copy text or do a seller similar from the listing?

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Now if they could just bring back the undelete function.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 46
latest reply