cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting reported for counterfeit items.... Yet, there's hundreds of others for sale

I've been selling since 99 and lately have experienced an increased number of removed listings.

The latest is a supposed copyright infringement of a band shirt. It's the exact same as being sold by supposed (official seller)  What if I bought the shirt from them and decided the resell it? I can't?

Other items reported, but are being sold by the hundreds by other sellers

Texas License plate -- 7000 available

Fed Ex sweatshirt-- Hundreds for sale 

I picked up a large number of Gildan brand shirts with random brands and bands on them that are being sold by the dozens by other sells (same tag, same brand).. Are they all counterfeit?  It's not a real shirt?   If it was a used off brand band shirt that would be allowed correct?

What's the criteria?

I understand owning a trademark and selling your brand, but this is Ebay, not a shop on Rodeo drive. No one else is allowed to resell an item.?

These brand are worried about me reselling one T-shirt on Ebay?

Just confused as to what the rules are...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I keep getting reported for counterfeit items.... Yet, there's hundreds of others for sale

I keep getting pulled over and cited for speeding yet there are hundreds of other cars speeding.

What i'm trying to say is that you got caught and the others didn't (yet). They will eventually.

FYI I recently listed a license plate for sale that got taken down by ebay.

All I had to do was correct the listing to meet ebay's criteria and was able to re-list it without any problem.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@daveattell 

Just because others are doing it doesn't make it right.  They just haven't been caught...yet.  Do yourself a favor and don't relist what eBay has pulled from your selling account.  You don't want to jeopardize your account and possibly get suspended.

Happy Selling

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You need to proceed cautiously. Multiple violations can get a seller suspended, esecially if for the same infraction.

Using what other sellers are listing as a guide to what is allowed is unwise. 

Is your band shirt a reproduction of an original design? The market for band tee shirts is a lucrative one and, sadly, the designs get reproduced and sold as originals.

Below is the policy regarding counterfeit goods.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/counterfeit-item-policy?id=4276

Message 4 of 4
latest reply