cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - 2 Years of history now available on Orders page 🎉

We can now select a "custom date range" for displaying order history and access data for past 2 years through the seller hub orders page. Thank you eBay for listening after all these years!

orderhistory.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@steve_stuff wrote:

Don't have it yet so can't check myself

Asked - [can you] "Relist or Sell Similar for items older than 90 days"

You said  basically that option not offered.

My question is can we 'open' those listing so we could copy text or do a seller similar from the listing?

No @steve_stuff. This change applies to orders history. It has nothing to do with preserving listings. If you click the hyperlink on an old/expired listing you'll get the standard page not found error.

The main benefits I see from this change:
- You can easily reference sales data from past 2 years with a quick search and not have to dig up various report spreadsheets. It's also an easy way to see past 2 yrs sales history on repeat customers all in one place.

- You can refund past 90 days which is rarely needed, but I have found occasion where it would have helped (like when I asked buyers to be patient during Covid shipping delays, or when a package was returned by post office as undeliverable past 90 days and I wanted to send the buyer a partial for item cost less shipping).

- You can download a report from the orders page that includes variation info and not be tied down to the 90 day window. The reports on the payments page do not include variation info.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Thank you sharing this info.

I checked mine, still 90 days, but i think it will be coming soon for all of us.

*By the way, ebay did improvements at Terapeak, they extended the sales history from 365 days to 2 years at Terapeak product research tool, I hope all those recently updates will pay off soon!

Terapeak 2 years.jpg

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I still only can access 90 days...😞

Maybe soon!  Thx for sharing!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Very very helpful. I often need to access older sold listings for the photos as we at times have to dump our photos due to space issues and because  we have soooo many photos hard to find it again on our saved storage. Hate to have to create the whole listing again when we can sell similar.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Very very helpful. I often need to access older sold listings for the photos as we at times have to dump our photos due to space issues and because  we have soooo many photos hard to find it again on our saved storage. Hate to have to create the whole listing again when we can sell similar.

Sorry @vintagecraze50, but that's not what we're getting access to. This is purely about accessing sales history - not about retaining listings or photos. If you read the rest of the thread more details are provided.

If it helps - I store images in folders by category & subcategory or brand. I also name the files with brand, item, category, etc.

There is also an option to add tags to photos on your computer which can be used to quickly search your database, but I don't use that option since my titles are descriptive enough to do a quick search.

GLORIOUS!

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

It rolled out to GF's account today.

GLORIOUS!

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

This is one small step for business, and one giant leap for eBay.

Truly an eBay miracle. eBay starting to untie the hands of sellers.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

I've heard from some others that got access so if you're still without this option, you should see it soon.

GLORIOUS!

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

it must be preparation for IRS audits who require 2 years of records. My history shows still 90 days most.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Yes, I was THRILLED to receive that message in Order History yesterday. There are many reasons

why this data will be (should be) useful.

So, I noticed recently that several of my listings have disappeared.

(Items were listed; Now they aren't; and, NO, they haven't been sold!)

Since (for one of these listings that I have quantities of) I know for sure that I sold some last winter, so I should be able to find them in Order History (BIG YAY!!!). 
    I go into "Orders Paid and Shipped". Click on Custom Date (which auto fills to include 2 yrs of info).

I click to search by "Item Title".  And I type "FABRIC" into the search bar.
And the result is pure **bleep**!! It shows only 4 orders (which is WAY wrong! There should be 10 -15),
and only 2 of those 4 have anything at all to do with FABRIC!!  And those 2 don't include the one I'm looking for.

Soooo...  While I really do hate to be a "negative Nancy",

it looks like we now have 2 years of WORTHLESS DATA available in Order History (just sayin)!

And I was so excited.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

And now I can't edit my post !!!!!  Grrrrr!

PS) Maybe it's "just" the search function (which is **bleep**). 

Maybe what I'm looking for is there among the 2 years of data. But, I'll have to look through all those orders/items manually.

And THIS is why buyers are frustrated (& probably go elsewhere)...   Ya can't easily find anything!!!

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Hey @anjie234 - I noticed this week that eBay added a banner when you pull up old orders. I guess they recognized the issues you mentioned and have no plans to fix them:

old orders.png

When this first launched I did some searches by item, username, etc and everything was fine. But now I'm seeing the same kinds of issues you are. I searched by a username a few days ago (great repeat customer) and all of their purchases were in jumbled order. The results were there, but I couldn't get them to sort chronologically.

GLORIOUS!

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Really?   The past 2  years of PURCHASE history has been available to all buyers since 2019 at least, maybe 2017 or earlier.  I have been using it since early 2020 at least. Just select purchases from the summary page left side categories, then at top right of the history display is a dropdown for date range to view.   This purchase history date currently  has a drop down range of past 60 days, 2023, 2022, and 2021 which is selectable now and that dropdown has been available to buyers on purchase history page  for somewhere between 3 and 5 years already.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Sorry to be an idiot but how do you relist an item from the 'historical' list? I clicked on one & it just said it couldn't find the page.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

was very excited to see it today but got disappointed .It is merely a sale record. You can’t click to see pictures, descriptions specifics or list similar which would be very very handy for items that are rare and you get once in blue moon.

Additionally after picking custom date jan 2021-dec 2021 the machine retruned 3 recorde while I sold about 500 items. Maybe they will expand on what you can do with it but for now you can only look up buyer and price. 

Message 30 of 46
latest reply