cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - 2 Years of history now available on Orders page 🎉

We can now select a "custom date range" for displaying order history and access data for past 2 years through the seller hub orders page. Thank you eBay for listening after all these years!

orderhistory.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@pereirahawk wrote:

I just checked; I don't have that access yet.

Thanks for the info. Changes like this are usually a phased rollout, so based on past changes I expect everyone will see this within the next week or two. It just popped up for me this morning.

Edit: Checked another selling account and it's not active on that account yet. So just my main selling account has this change so far.

Yes I saw this on one of my accounts too. I think around the same time as you. Funny I don’t believe I got an email notification about it. I’m unable to find anymore documentation about it since I closed that pop up. I was too busy during Xmas to read about it. I called eBay and they told me it was another pilot program. I asked them if the listings 90-730 days old were only available to me to see, or if anyone on eBay can view them. She said only my selling account is able to see and not anyone else. Can you confirm this? I wonder if eBay CS can even see it then.

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

Ah, never mind about what I asked earlier. I finally took the time to test it myself and see that those older listings don’t have a link to the actual listing’s URL, only to the order details page.

One weird thing I noticed is that I have a few “awaiting shipment” listings from that far back that say “shipping overdue.” I’ve never not shipped anything before without cancelling or refunding a buyer. So I wonder how did those listings end up like that. Too much work to dig and find out since those orders were ancient history.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

"One weird thing I noticed is that I have a few “awaiting shipment” listings from that far back that say “shipping overdue.” I’ve never not shipped anything before without cancelling or refunding a buyer. So I wonder how did those listings end up like that. Too much work to dig and find out since those orders were ancient history."

Hi there,

I had the same thing, and I was concerned it would reflect on my performance metrics. So, I contacted eBay via Facebook (which is silly, but WOW...  it really is the ticket!). They responded quickly and said it would not adversely affect performance, and to just manually mark them as shipped to get rid of them. Easy!

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

"Really?   The past 2  years of PURCHASE history has been available to all buyers since 2019 at least, maybe 2017 or earlier.  I have been using it since early 2020 at least. Just select purchases from the summary page left side categories.... "

Hi, 

That's different. You're talking about "Purchase History" in My eBay.

This post is about "Orders" in the "Seller Hub".

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

Sorry to be an idiot but how do you relist an item from the 'historical' list? I clicked on one & it just said it couldn't find the page.

That's not a dumb question! But, I think the answer is... you can't! It would be nice, but as benz_li said here that the information is "merely a sale record. You can’t click to see pictures, descriptions specifics or list similar which would be very very handy..." 

Maybe for more recent transactions the data will still be there, but it seems like if they are older than 3 months or something, you can't drill down on it.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

@anjie234 wrote:

"One weird thing I noticed is that I have a few “awaiting shipment” listings from that far back that say “shipping overdue.” I’ve never not shipped anything before without cancelling or refunding a buyer. So I wonder how did those listings end up like that. Too much work to dig and find out since those orders were ancient history."

Hi there,

I had the same thing, and I was concerned it would reflect on my performance metrics. So, I contacted eBay via Facebook (which is silly, but WOW...  it really is the ticket!). They responded quickly and said it would not adversely affect performance, and to just manually mark them as shipped to get rid of them. Easy!

It's funny how ebay allows you to "mark as unshipped" for these old listings. I'd like to see how often that button is used. Like, oh no I just remembered that I DIDN'T ship out that item I sold 15 months ago. Better go mark it as unshipped.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

This has just arrived on the UK site.

No fanfare. Just as well as with no relist or sell similar it's of very limited use. My own records already cover what's shown.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey @anjie234 - I noticed this week that eBay added a banner when you pull up old orders. I guess they recognized the issues you mentioned and have no plans to fix them:

old orders.png

When this first launched I did some searches by item, username, etc and everything was fine. But now I'm seeing the same kinds of issues you are. I searched by a username a few days ago (great repeat customer) and all of their purchases were in jumbled order. The results were there, but I couldn't get them to sort chronologically.

@wastingtime101 

The problem with the sorting by date on this report is a formatting problem only, not a transactional problem.  However Ebay formatted these particular cells don't translate to Excel as a date.  I'm not sure about other worksheet programs.  I always, even in previous years, have had to insert a column and retype the date again so that Excel will see it as a date, then I hide the original column, just in case it is useful at some point.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Thanks - the post you quoted wasn't about a downloaded report, it was about data displayed on the Hub Orders page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks - the post you quoted wasn't about a downloaded report, it was about data displayed on the Hub Orders page.

Whoops.  Did you know you were named on Ina's site?

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2023/2/1675719860.html/1/0#1675802409

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

I don't typically do this, but a lot of the same questions keep popping up so I'm recapping everything and marking a solution to float this to the top.

• This was a phased rollout. Most, if not all, sellers should have access by now.
  • This is about viewing info on the Orders page in Seller Hub.
  • If you want more comprehensive sales history, transaction history for filing taxes, etc: go to the Reports page under the Payments section in Seller Hub. Those reports have been around with a long history since the transition to Managed Payments.

-----

The main benefits I see from this change:

• You can easily reference sales data from past 2 years with a quick search and not have to dig up various report spreadsheets. It's also an easy way to see past 2 yrs sales history on repeat customers all in one place.
  • You can refund past 90 days which is rarely needed, but I have found occasion where it would have helped (like when I asked buyers to be patient during Covid shipping delays, or when a package was returned by post office as undeliverable past 90 days and I wanted to send the buyer a partial for item cost less shipping).
  • You can download a report from the orders page that includes variation info and not be tied down to the 90 day window. The reports on the payments page do not include variation info.

-----

• This change applies to orders history. This is purely about accessing sales history - it's not about retaining listings or photos. If you click the hyperlink on an old/expired listing you'll get the standard page not found error. You cannot relist or sell similar from these older sales. Listing info is not being retained; this is about quickly accessing order info / sales history without having to download reports from the Payments section.

-----

Some info discovered as I ran several queries through the custom date range function extending beyond 90 days:

• There are some quirks with the filters. For example, change the filter to "paid and shipped". Then change the period to "custom". It will show you a prefilled date range at the top of the page, but results displayed will remain the past 90 days and will not match the custom date range at the top of the page. You have to manually set a new custom date range for the results to change from 90 days to custom.
  • It strips buyer name, address, contact info after 90 days. You can still see buyer ID.
  • It stores the order's "delivered" status and tracking number, but since tracking is expired from carrier websites where eBay pulls the data you cannot view tracking scans. This is kind of annoying for instances where one may have issued a partial refund for some reason because partial refund takes display precedence over a delivered status.
  • I found the cutoff for when "send refund" disappears from the actions drop-down. It's there for one year. I obviously did not test to see if sending a refund would work a year later, but the option is there.
  • It's hit or miss whether your listing image thumbnails will appear. Most appear to be present.
  • At some point in late Dec / early Jan eBay added the below banner:

old orders.png

• When this first launched I did some searches by item, username, etc and everything was fine. But now I'm seeing problems with search and sort. I searched by a username (great repeat customer) and all of their purchases were in jumbled order. The results were there, but I couldn't get them to sort chronologically. Based on the above banner eBay added, these issues will not be fixed. I assume that's because the 2 year look back function won't be highly utilized in most sellers' day to day operations.

-----

• For orders older than 90 days, the following options appear in the Actions menu:
    View order details
    Purchase another label
    Print packing slip and more
    Print coupon
    Mark not shipped
    View payment details
    Add/edit note
    Contact buyer
    Report buyer
    Send refund (this appears only if order is from the last year)
    Archive
GLORIOUS!

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Have you tried the report found on the Seller Hub.  Under the Payment Tab, then Reports on the drop down menu.  That is the report I use and I don't run into the issues you have with the exception of the one issue about the format of the dates.

This report has been available since MP started going site wide in the summer of 2020.

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

@iamalwaysright 

Right! Lol      Never.    That's funny.

And I certainly didn't mark them as "unshipped".

Those listings landed there as a result of some glitch, of course.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

2 years sucks! I can see 20 years on Amazon.

amazon.JPG 

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@corvette72778 

But this isn't Amazon in case you didn't notice.  Nor is this site like Amazon in so many ways, nor is Amazon like Ebay.  True Ebay took a long time to allow us more historical reports, but comparing these two sites isn't productive as they simply are NOT the same kind of sites.

BTW, you can go to your MP reports and get transaction report back to the beginning of your MP account.

Message 45 of 46
latest reply