cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

One thing you should note is that you cannot charge the buyer insurance since it is for YOUR protection.

Message 16 of 115
latest reply

Actually almost all of the people on this board are very friendly. They are just trying to give advice to the best of their knowledge (knowledge provided by eBay + experience) to help people with problems/questions. Sometimes debates may start as to which is more right, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are being unfriendly.

Message 17 of 115
latest reply

I share your frustration. On average,  I am currently receiving feedback on 2 out of 10 sales!. I, like you, immediately post feedback and would expect buyers to do the same once the product is received. I am going to begin holding back on feedback until the buyer has posted feedback. Perhaps this will incent them to provide feedback.

Message 18 of 115
latest reply

@leagrp wrote:

I share your frustration. On average,  I am currently receiving feedback on 2 out of 10 sales!. I, like you, immediately post feedback and would expect buyers to do the same once the product is received. I am going to begin holding back on feedback until the buyer has posted feedback. Perhaps this will incent them to provide feedback.

Good idea..... As it currently stands, I would never purchase from you...all sellers below 600 FB scores are ignored. back button. Nada...nothing.

Message 19 of 115
latest reply

feedback is voluntary....and my statement above makes about as much sense as yours...

none.

You have plenty of feedback...enjoy the sales and move on

Message 20 of 115
latest reply

There is a poster here who regularly beats the "sellers should leave feedback first" drum.. I have always been a "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" kinda girl when it comes to feedback but I did decide to take his(her?) advice on a few occasions, although it makes me feel a little vulnerable.. but the reality is that I do subscribe to the belief that customers should be thanked for their business, so I am making some changes in my normal routine.

Message 21 of 115
latest reply

EBAY feedback system really needs attention. I understand others' frustration even though I have perfect. The problem is that one unwarranted negative and it likely will affect your sales in some way. EBAY has tried but failed to fix the issues. One thing that would help is, if buyers don't leave feedback the seller should get an automatic positive after 2 weeks. I would have over 400 feedback and one negative not hurt my percentage as bad if everyone left feedback. But instead i have 157. See my point? Also, their return policy is bogus. This is auction, not retail. Now, if you misrepresent the item, yes a return is fine. But if buyer is lying or just can't plesse them then return is unwarranted. Buyers not paying is wrong period. You dont bid at a real auction then decide you aren't paying. EBAY'S unpaid strike is just bogus. Why not deduct the purchase automatically after auction ends or buy it now is done? One thing that disturbs me most is when i see sellers with 30000 feedback and 700 negatives and EBAY doesn't care as long as they get their 10% fee. They really need to fix these issues.
Message 22 of 115
latest reply

I have to disagree most heartily with your idea that, if a buyer has not left FB in two weeks, the seller should get an automatic positive.

First of all, FB is voluntary and optional, meaning no one is required to leave it.  You know that, right?

Secondly, many of us have had experiences with sellers that were not exactly 100% perfect.  Not something that would make you ask for a refund, but just some little issue. We could leave negative FB, but we decide not to bother with it since it's not that big an issue plus we dont want to trash a seller's FB.

If eBay would ever think they should make my FB decision, then I'd be outa here.  

Message 23 of 115
latest reply

I came here looking for guidance  as I just received a note from the seller packed with my purchase - It Thanks me and asks for feedback - continues to say "After feedback is left for me, I will leave feedback for you." My reaction is that I am Outraged that I am dealing with a hostage taker and considering a Neutral even though the item was very nice and quickly shipped at only a slight surcharge over cost.

I strongly believe that Buyers and Sellers each have certain obligations - far fewer for the Buyer who only needs to bid appropriatly - communicate clearly including a reasonable address and pay promptly and legitimately [no rubber checks or bad credit cards]. The seller has to deliver the goods as they described them and ship them in a timely fashion. The seller should be leaving feedback as soon as the buyer frinishes his part which by definition is before the buyer even receives the goods. The buyer doesn't even know what is happening until he receives his package but the seller knows before he even ships it. As indicated above -I strongly believe that holding the buyer's feedback hostage until he gives his is a violation of the compact and warrents a neutral.

Message 24 of 115
latest reply

Wouldn't be the first seller that pestered a buyer for FB and got it.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 25 of 115
latest reply

" The seller should be leaving feedback as soon as the buyer frinishes his part which by definition is before the buyer even receives the goods. The buyer doesn't even know what is happening until he receives his package but the seller knows before he even ships it. As indicated above -I strongly believe that holding the buyer's feedback hostage until he gives his is a violation of the compact and warrents a neutral."

----------------------------------

That is ridiculous and you may "believe" that but it's WRONG.

Feedback is VOLUNTARY on both sides. For you to leave a Neutral because the seller didn't leave you FB first is just silly! FB isn't part of the equation when you leave feedback for a seller! 

You didn't BUY Feedback- 

Have Mercy this FB baloney just gets worse & worse! Facepalm.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 26 of 115
latest reply

I figure paying is my part of the transaction. When I get my item and want to leave my thanks and positive reactions, if they didn't leave me feedback, I sometimes don't leave them any either unless they are very new to eBay.  I don't leave negative feedback 'cause it's bad for my buyer reputation; if I rather want to, I just don't leave any feedback. If I am asked for feedback, I may explain why I didn't leave any.  As a seller, I leave feedback when I am paid.  If they turn out to be a horrid buyer, I block them from more bidding on my items. 

Message 27 of 115
latest reply

I am having the same problem. I am trying to build my reputation as a seller on Ebay but less then half of my buyers are leaving any feedback for me. I always leave them positive feedback and even contact them about four weeks after the sale about feedback for me, with no response

Message 28 of 115
latest reply

I also have gotten into the habit of waiting to leave them feedback, until they do for me. I currently have several buyers, and sellers who have not left me feedback and i am refusing to do the same in retuen. This whole situation really kind of voids the purpose of a positive buying or selling experience on Ebay.

Message 29 of 115
latest reply

Why is feedback so important to you? Some people will consider you asking for feedback harassment and leave you negative feedback. Here on eBay no news from your buyer is good news. I eventually leave feedback but I need time to make sure what I bought works or give the person I sold something to time to make sure the item is working properly. If I choose not to leave feedback then it is because I was not too happy with the product I bought.

I have never left negative feedback in all the years I have been here. No feedback is my way of giving someone a negative feedback. If I have a seller like you who sends repeated emails, then I might just be tempted a negative feedback if I was not happy with the product. I certainly will not leave feedback after several reminders. For me it is spam. 

Message 30 of 115
latest reply