cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback enhancements now visible

All,

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products. 

1. We recently updated the default sort to highlight the most relevant feedback for your potential buyers.

2. We have also started rolling out images on feedback to select sellers who have listings with multiple quantities. 

Starting this month, sellers will be able to preview feedback images on their own sold items. At this time, other eBay buyers and sellers will not be able to view images in your feedback. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images. Once this rollout is complete, we’ll be expanding image feedback visibility to buyers.

With these updates, your potential buyers will see your most engaged buyers’ feedback and be more confident about their purchasing decisions. Richer text and images in feedback may add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers.

These updates will serve to add credibility to reviews and increase buyer confidence, while also elevating your feedback scores and helping to drive conversion.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Feedback enhancements now visible

a bunch of crap!

Message 46 of 105
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

So what will the feedback of mega sellers who received hundreds of neutral and negative feedback each month look like?

That won't be a problem as I expect promoted/sponsored feedback will be along soon.

Get the feedback you want by "elevating your feedback" at a price.

Message 47 of 105
latest reply

https://yardline.com/en/blog/need-to-know-about-amazon-review-manipulation.

https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/policy-news-views/amazons-latest-actions-against-fake-review-broker....

You cannot leave a fb for an item on eBay unless you actually purchased it. There is absolutely no links on listings to do so.

You can leave fb on both Amazon products and 3rd party vendors by just clicking the link on the bottom of the listing. I did it yesterday for Amazon Christmas lights and could easily do it today for something being offered from a 3rd party. 

eBay does a much better job of protecting the sellers. 

Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 12.13.12 PM.pngebay policy.png

Message 48 of 105
latest reply

My post above is accurate @gloryglorygifts . Seems you're not aware of product reviews on eBay as you keep comparing seller feedback on eBay to product reviews on Amazon. My above post compared seller FB on eBay to seller FB on Amazon, and product reviews on eBay to product reviews on Amazon.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/product-reviews?id=5186

There are 2 types of product reviews:

• Verified reviews – left by buyers who purchased the item on eBay
  • Unverified reviews – left by customers who purchased the item off eBay

You’ll see a star rating out of 5 at the top of the listing which is an average of all reviews submitted.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 49 of 105
latest reply

Yes, but the 'team' isn't touting this as an enhance Product Review system. They're saying it gives greater credibility to FEEDBACK.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 50 of 105
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Yes, but the 'team' isn't touting this as an enhance Product Review system. They're saying it gives greater credibility to FEEDBACK.

If feedback didn't have enough credibility why did they beat a dead horse for 28 years?

Message 51 of 105
latest reply

Your initial comment had everything to do with your seller feedback, not a product review. You even said that you only look at it a few times a week to "address any issues" that may have arisen. Then, you commented that since a thread was started that eBay seemed to have fixed whatever they did. This thread does not mention which type of reviews they are messing with. If they were messing with just the product reviews, I highly doubt anyone would have even noticed it. Are they looking to enhance buyer confidence in products or sellers? 

I'm well aware that there are two types of feedback on here and Amazon.  Amazon does have a large problem with fb. It was in the news this past Summer and I provided two links to stories about it. eBay doesn't seem to have that problem, yet. My point was how easy it is to leave a review for a product on Amazon. Ebay better have good systems in place to address that going forward because it does have the capability to affect your feedback and mine.

Message 52 of 105
latest reply

Because it's ebay and it's what they do?

Remember when PayPal was "the most trusted way to shop online" until it wasn't? lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 53 of 105
latest reply

OK? I don't know what my initial comments on this discussion have to do with the current line of  conversation. I was replying to these specific comments you made:

>>This place isn't like Amazon, where you don't have to buy something to leave feedback. You have to be an actual registered member or guest of ebay and purchase the item you are leaving feedback for. I just left a review for a product on Amazon that I never bought and submitted it without any difficulty btw. 

My reply is that (a) you do have to make a purchase to leave seller feedback  on Amazon, same as eBay. And (b) you do not have to make a purchase to leave a product review on Amazon, same as eBay.

>>https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/product-reviews?id=5186

I don't know which part of that is causing friction or confusion, but I'm not interested in debating what are essentially 2 simple statements about how feedback and product reviews work, so I'll leave you to it and move on.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 54 of 105
latest reply

what I'm seeing is that it takes your absolute best glowing most perfect transaction feedback and pulls it to the top

Message 55 of 105
latest reply

@seller_news_team 

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Message 56 of 105
latest reply

Is there a plan to update buyer feedback as well in the future? Maybe make it so it actually matters, and gives sellers a true diagnosis of a buyer, and if they do anything wrong.

I find it quite funny how we are avoiding this to make buyers happy, because keeping people who lie and don't pay happy is surely what we want or need, so then they can continue to abuse the system.

Message 57 of 105
latest reply

Why "fix" something that was not broke? The new feedback layout is confusing. I wish ebay would work on improving sales instead of gimmicky Feedback and email layouts.

Message 58 of 105
latest reply

Just stop Ebay.  STOP!  Stop messing with the site.  If it's working, leave it alone.

Message 59 of 105
latest reply

I dont blame the teams for any of these changes... they are just trying to innovate and do their job like any one of us at our jobs. I dont doubt that they believe in what they are doing and think that it will have a positive effect. Who knows- maybe it will.     I think the frustration with sellers is that there are so may huge and glowing issues with the platform that seemingly go on ignored. 

Send out a survey to list the top 10 issues with ebay and have us all rate them 1-10....... then put every possible resource on fixing them in order of actual importance of us- the customer base.

From the perspective of a seller or even a buyer, the feedback loop is probably the most insignificant part of a sale-realistically these changes will have 0 effect on improving sales... because feedback is not the reason for the drop in sales.

Our frustration with ebay is that they strain the knat and gulp the camel- look at things that little bearing on sales and ignore the ones that do- like the search relevancy and issue with promoted listings degrading the buyer search experience.   The listing view is cluttered with paid distractions pulling people AWAY from making a sale.  AI determines what  ebay wants to show instead of what buyers search for. etc. etc.- these are the issues that causing less people to shop here. Global shipping and sales have been cut by 2/3 since ebay took over international shipping for GSP!.... we get constant emails asking why we dont ship to this country or that country now.....Friction.     

Until ebay actually works on the root causes of the steady decline....... then feedback remains irrelevant.

Message 60 of 105
latest reply