cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC011 We restricted your account

Hi guys. Please advise how to properly protect your account. In general, my account is 1.5 years old. Sold in the categories MP3 players, guitar pedals, audio equipment. the cost of sold lots varied from $60 to $300. About two months ago I decided to expand the range of my goods and put up several lots: These were Spare parts/Automatic switchboards for electrical panels. (Professional equipment for production).
After that I went on vacation for 3 weeks. And after returning from vacation the next day, they purchased one of the lots from me in the amount of 3 pieces for a total amount of $1,750. This was just a product from a new category for me. One hour after the sale I received a message:

"We restricted your account because we noticed activity that we believe is a risk to our community.

This restriction means the following:
- Your selling privileges are temporarily restricted. You won’t be able to create new listings or revise any listings that are live on our site. You also can’t register a new account at this time.
- If you are a seller participating in managed payments, we are withholding your future payouts. You’ll start getting paid again after you resolve your restriction and your account is reinstated.
- Some of your listings may have been removed. You’ll find details of any listings we removed below.
- Any fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

To help us remove the restriction on your account, you’ll need to:
- Contact us from the email address associated with your previous eBay account to resolve any open issues"

As far as I understand, I was blocked by an automatic bot, and so far they are not asking me to do anything except contact support.
I heard that after such restrictions there is a high chance that I could be blocked forever. But I believe that I did nothing wrong. Do you think everything is bad? or is this standard practice. And how should I act correctly in such cases?

And I misunderstood this phrase a little. What do they mean
"- Contact us from the email address associated with your previous eBay account to resolve any open issues"

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Follow the instructions, contact eBay asap, until you know exactly what they want you can't know how to respond.

The "email associated" means the email address you used to register your account

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sounds like you have an old account that owes money to eBay.  Or an old account that had been banned for poor seller performance.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@playersdevice 

Sorry for your situation.  Did eBay ask you to provide receipts for the items you were selling? I would do what the email stated and contact CS. 

Good luck

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No. didn't ask for anything. Just get in touch. Reply to this message. But this addressee does not accept incoming emails. I was sent by UK ebay site

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Did you exceed your monthly limits?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply