cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay has changed the packing slip

The new packing slip no longer allows you to include your own message.  You can choose from one of eBay's pre-written messages, or you can choose no message.  You cannot edit or add to their pre-written messages.  

Over the years, eBay has tried to make the sales process as uniform, standardized, and impersonal as possible.  I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by taking away our ability to include our own message.  

This is not an improvement.  Yes, I know I could handwrite something, or take the time to copy and paste all the information to create my own packing slip, but this shouldn't be necessary.  I wish that eBay would allow us a few options in how we choose to do business.  

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: EBay has changed the packing slip

I wholeheartedly agree.  Just came across this, and still haven't figured out why they would bother to do this.  Can't be because they don't want us giving the buyers our private email addresses, since buyers can just go to Paypal and see them.

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

Yeah, I didn't like this either. Why would they dumb them down intentionally? I would love to be able to customize them much more, not less. It seems that whatever is sensible or reasonable... they do the opposite. I mean c'mon - it's just a darn packing slip! No need for a lobotomy here!

Message 3 of 83
latest reply

This was a shock to me as well as I always use packing slips in order to keep all my orders straight.  It was also a easy way to tell buyers about my shop and other useful information.  Please eBay, give us the option to customize our packing slips again!

Message 4 of 83
latest reply

When I printed yesterday I also noticed the very far right of the page is getting cut, basically the number after "Quantity" and the "P" of the SLIP on top right. Even when I print to PDF, it will download with this section missing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Message 5 of 83
latest reply

ITS a PITA because it adds an unnecessary step to shipment workflow. Also the formatting of the message has changed and the place where I put "Thank You" stickers is now to small for my stickers.

They just keep coming out with broken new features but refuse to fix the actual bugs in the new app. I liked the old shipping app much better.

Message 6 of 83
latest reply

EBay, would you please bring back the packing slip we've been using for years?  

Who should we page for a response?  

Message 7 of 83
latest reply

17 years on eBay and they change the packing slip......YIKES....what are they thinking.....eBay go back to the old packing slip.....

Photobucket
Message 8 of 83
latest reply

I know it's a bit of trouble......... but I'd make up a page with just the message on it, leaving space for the packing slip and then run off a number of copies......then print the packing slip on it....

Alternately, you can probably make up the page, print the packing slip to file and then superimpose it on the premade page.....I'm not enough of a computer expert to figure that out tho........

Message 9 of 83
latest reply

I'm equally annoyed as others for this change.  With regards to printing you have to readjust the page size and scale -- more work for sellers!  To go back to the former style of the packaging slip that allows a personal message -- 

• (through seller hub) go to "orders"  ,
  • scroll down to "shipping labels" ,
  • find that particular label, select "more actions"   
  •  select " print packing slip". 

It's a bit more work, but allows me to write my own message for different buyers and use saved PDF page sizes for my precut personal stationery.

Whenever these changes are made a heads up would be appreciated! 

Message 10 of 83
latest reply

Thanks for pointing out how and where to print our customized packing slips!  Even though it requires extra steps, I'm going to keep printing these (well, at least 'til Ebay shuts this down as well).  Fortunately I don't have many issues with my sold items but, when I do, I feel the customized packing slip encourages buyers to contact me for issue resolution rather than the knee-jerk response to file a case with Ebay.

Message 11 of 83
latest reply

I've just seen this too and was very surprised by it. What is the point? Why shouldn't I be able to add my own message? I don't like any of the drop-down options: all those exclamation marks make you look like an over-excited 12-year old (which I am not).
Message 12 of 83
latest reply

Why shouldn't I be able to add my own message?

Why should ebay make it easy for people to add their own website/other sales venue to the packing slip for an ebay sale? 

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

Oh my gosh! That's gotta be the point of the day. Why can't we customize, or at least even to send a "Thanks" message that's not canned?

The drop-downs are, like, not allowing any thing...

( @kippax6970  I tried to quote, have they nerfed that too?)

Message 14 of 83
latest reply

If that's eBay's reasoning, perhaps they should say so. As others have said, there's been no advance notice or explanation.

Personally I don't have my own website or other sales venue so I'm not trying to add that to my message (although there would in any event be nothing to stop someone putting a separate note about a website or other sales channel into a package).

My main objection is to the quality of the dropdown messages you can choose from. I don't like being restricted to adding a message that isn't in my own style. I have a particular aversion to the over-use of exclamation marks.  

Message 15 of 83
latest reply