cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay has changed the packing slip

The new packing slip no longer allows you to include your own message.  You can choose from one of eBay's pre-written messages, or you can choose no message.  You cannot edit or add to their pre-written messages.  

Over the years, eBay has tried to make the sales process as uniform, standardized, and impersonal as possible.  I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by taking away our ability to include our own message.  

This is not an improvement.  Yes, I know I could handwrite something, or take the time to copy and paste all the information to create my own packing slip, but this shouldn't be necessary.  I wish that eBay would allow us a few options in how we choose to do business.  

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: EBay has changed the packing slip

That's exactly what we have done, as well.  

Message 76 of 83
latest reply

If it's not broken Ebay . . . don't fix it.

The original packing slips helped to organize sold items by name and address and to customize my own message.

Thanks for making my job harder.

Message 77 of 83
latest reply

As wowza65 also asked, is there a way to at least add our store logo back to the packing slip/invoice?

I always thought the ability to have our custom logo on the slip was a very nice touch, and also really helped tie in branding/recognition for those of us sellers who sell from our own websites/stores as well.

Although I'm guessing that the custom logo thing was removed for "security reasons" just like the custom text - who knows what kind of foul image a bad person could put as their logo? You might even shock the innocent 4-year-olds browsing eBay, if they saw the things that some sellers COULD put as their logo (some sarcasm there, yes...) 

Message 78 of 83
latest reply

No They do not read our comments. Because if they did they would see that their sellers are unhappy and to put back the old packing slip the way is was.  I do not believe for one moment it was for security reasons. eBay didn't even inform sellers that this was going to take place. But then again it is always about eBay not the sellers:(

Message 79 of 83
latest reply

Any updates on this, 7/21/20? I really miss the old way of creating packing slips, much more customizable than the new way.

Message 80 of 83
latest reply

Not sure if eBay will change it back to what it was before. With all the complaints from sellers you would think they would. Still hoping:)

Message 81 of 83
latest reply

Looks like that doesn't work anymore either.  Just tried it on a shipping label I'd created and it takes you the new packing slip page.  Ugh.

Message 82 of 83
latest reply

What in hell would be the reason for not including Buyers name & address on the packing slip?  What is the rationality to make such a change?  Extra hassles for sellers is not an improvement. I'm really getting fed-up with E-Bay.

Is it reckless incompetence or stupidity?

Message 83 of 83
latest reply