cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SUpplies now a real joke

So on top of having to pay tax for the supplies even if the total is under the coupon total amount they do not ACCEPT PAYPAL ! Are you kidding me ?

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: EBAY SUpplies now a real joke

@no-plain-white-envelopes wrote:

So on top of having to pay tax for the supplies even if the total is under the coupon total amount they do not ACCEPT PAYPAL ! Are you kidding me ?

I don't get it either . Pay Pal has always worked fine[ as far as I know]   for most buyers and sellers . Why bother to fix something that's not broken ? Tulips 

Message 2 of 95
latest reply

They are acclimating sellers to ebay's payment system as they roll it out

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 95
latest reply

In my state, shipping supplies are taxable, so having taxes added on was no big deal.

I spent over my coupon value anyway, because I wanted some of the bigger boxes. Having the coupon made them down right cheap compared to elsewhere on the net.

I used my Paypal debit card at checkout, so I'll get a cash back reward on the first of next month. I use that card in a lot of places, so that didn't bother me either.

I do understand that paying the taxes separately even if the amount due is under the coupon value is very annoying. That's state law in most places. You can't use a coupon to pay taxes. That's not ebay's fault.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 4 of 95
latest reply

eBay supplies seller is a business just like and I have eBay businesses.  There is a new internet tax that I think you should know about, so I really am not sure what your complaint about that is? 

As far as the eBay supplies seller not accepting Paypal, again they are a business and decided to use the managed payment which is lower fees, so that also seems like a good move on there part.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 95
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I don't get it either . Pay Pal has always worked fine[ as far as I know]   for most buyers and sellers . Why bother to fix something that's not broken ? Tulips 

I solved my problem with the shipping supplies store not taking PayPal.  I got a free PayPal debit card, now eBay shipping supplies takes Paypal from me.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 95
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I solved my problem with the shipping supplies store not taking PayPal.  I got a free PayPal debit card, now eBay shipping supplies takes Paypal from me.

Which of course, is the easiest and most sensible solution - but many would rather "not buy" from fellow sellers who are in managed payments as a "statement" against eBay for not running their business the way they want it run. Again, a tempest in a teapot about a change that is inevitable - a change that eBay is not going to reverse because a few old-timers don't like it...........................for which I am sorry. (no sarcasm intended)

Message 7 of 95
latest reply

I had the problem that a seller didn't take PayPal. Only managed payments.

I solved my problem by finding another seller. they took PayPal and I love my new purchase.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 95
latest reply

Even PayPal has started to accept "new" payment methods by enabling users to pay via Venmo on a PayPal page. They have owned Venmo for quite some time, but are now allowing you to choose between Venmo and PayPal when making payment. Progress - its all around us!!!
Message 9 of 95
latest reply

@misfitfun wrote:

They are acclimating sellers to ebay's payment system as they roll it out

Not exactly since PP will be added sometime this summer per Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 95
latest reply

Even when you shop in a B&M store, a coupon can't be used in payment of a TAX due on the sale.  The coupon can't exceed the price of the item.  This is pretty normal business practices.  I know some may not like it, but it isn't unusual, some of us just don't like it.

The seller is part of the Managed Payment program Ebay introduced late last year.  In it's current form buyers do not have the ability to submit a payment via PP, but they can pay with a PP credit card or Debit card if they want to.  Later this year Ebay will be adding PP as a payment option in the Managed payment for buyers.  So this is a short term issue.

Message 11 of 95
latest reply

@mansons2005 wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Which of course, is the easiest and most sensible solution - but many would rather "not buy" from fellow sellers who are in managed payments as a "statement" against eBay for not running their business the way they want it run. Again, a tempest in a teapot about a change that is inevitable - a change that eBay is not going to reverse because a few old-timers don't like it...........................for which I am sorry. (no sarcasm intended)

That would be a statement that I think would serve no purpose.  Ebay is going to move forward with Managed Payments.  Just as other sites have their own payment processing, Ebay will too.  It is a smart business move on Ebay's part even though I have reservations on how it rolled out.  But separate of that, it is a smart business move.

It is very good that Ebay is doing this in a slow roll out.  They will learn and improve the system as more and more sellers enter the program.  But in facing the end of their contract with PayPal in a couple years, this is a good move for Ebay and the site as a whole.

Once PP is accepted in the program, buyers are likely to see any difference in how they pay.  The differences fall with how sellers see the payments and how the payments are handled being delivered to the sellers.  It will be easy on buyers and a big learning curve for sellers.

As with any big change there is resistance.  And understandably so.  We are use to what we are use to and even though there are lots of sellers that complain about PP.  Take it away and they will surely complain about that too.

Message 12 of 95
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

In my state, shipping supplies are taxable, so having taxes added on was no big deal.

I spent over my coupon value anyway, because I wanted some of the bigger boxes. Having the coupon made them down right cheap compared to elsewhere on the net.

I used my Paypal debit card at checkout, so I'll get a cash back reward on the first of next month. I use that card in a lot of places, so that didn't bother me either.

I do understand that paying the taxes separately even if the amount due is under the coupon value is very annoying. That's state law in most places. You can't use a coupon to pay taxes. That's not ebay's fault.

eBay's shipping supply seller is misrepresenting their sales tax collection requirement. This is their Shipping & Handling tab:

eBay-Shipping-Supplies-1.jpg

And this is the after-purchase payment page:

eBay-Shipping-Supplies-2.jpg

I'm in New York. Not Iowa, Minnesota, or Washington. I may have to file a SNAD.

Message 13 of 95
latest reply

@whatmodernwas wrote:

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

eBay's shipping supply seller is misrepresenting their sales tax collection requirement. This is their Shipping & Handling tab:

eBay-Shipping-Supplies-1.jpg

And this is the after-purchase payment page:

eBay-Shipping-Supplies-2.jpg

I'm in New York. Not Iowa, Minnesota, or Washington. I may have to file a SNAD.

That area of the listing form is in FULL control of EBay and NOT the seller.  We can't add, change or delete anything in that part of the listing that states about the sales tax for those states.  

Your statement about NY is interesting since it doesn't yet appear on the list of states that Ebay is collecting sales tax for.  So I'm unsure of this aspect of your issue.

Message 14 of 95
latest reply

It is odd that their tax collection info doesn't list all the states in which they are collecting tax.  I've been charged sales tax the last two times I've ordered my supplies and I'm in West Virginia.  

Message 15 of 95
latest reply