cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does eBay have what it takes?

We will see.  Posted 14 auctions.  Fire & Rescue photos.  Photographer is famous & highly respected regarding the topic.  No competition.  Will they be seen?  Time will tell.  If they are a bust, it will convince me that this site is a lost cause.  Hope everyone is doing well.  🙂

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Does eBay have what it takes?

I don't pay much attention to sellers who come in with their comments under hidden identities.

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

I sell nothing on auction.      Anything I place on auction always goes too cheap.      

Fabric is one of those things that the right person has to come along.   

I use BIN and I am doing just fine.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

Real collectors want the original.  Not a worthless copy.

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

Judging by sold listings, there is a very good market for these type of photos.  Especially when I have an added bonus.

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

Just because they have 1.5 billion UNSOLD listings does not mean much to me.  I can post 3,000 unsold items & still be nowhere.  lol

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

The site has been a bust for me for over 2 years after 2 decades of doing ok.  One of my other thought processes - not listening to sellers who hide their identity.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Mostly list via BIN.  Items sit for months on end.  If buyers want these, I want them to make the choice NOW.  🙂  I have several 100 to sell.  Testing the market & drawing attention in case I post BIN lots.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

Glad you are doing fine.  Generally, I do not use auctions either.  Just giving it a try for various reasons.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

Hide my identity ?

Some of us sell professionally for a business and don't post on the business account because my opnions are my personal beliefs so i post on my personal account.

You are free to ignore my perspective all you want.

You have a bias against people who use personal accounts. I have a bias again people who are serial complainers and think the world revolves around them.

🤷‍

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710  as always: best of luck, hope you get plenty of sales here or elsewhere. 

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

It's a lot harder to get a photographic quality copy than just right clicking it - particularly since photos on most websites are compressed so they tend to be degraded, anyway, then the equipment needed to process the result and produce a photo (that's not grainy) - might be OK if one wants a copy to stick on a bulletin board or just refer to on one's device.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 52
latest reply

You definitely need a bigger audience than FBM to sell those photos.  Lonnnnng tail items for sure.  

Good luck. 

Posting from one of my buying accounts. Never mix business and posting. Just recently witnessed a self admitted nutcase going off on one of the regular posters here. Not worth the risk with too many people with waaay too much time on their hands. 

Posting ID
Message 27 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I don't pay much attention to sellers who come in with their comments under hidden identities.

My identity is not hidden and you NEVER take my advice!    😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 28 of 52
latest reply

Photos are LONG tail, even fire trucks. If you were going to auction them, you would have been ten steps ahead to sell them in lots. Collectors are not auction hounds particularly.  I used to sell a ton of ephemera, and long tail mean never auctioning anything unless you want to sell it dirt cheap. The likelihood of a collector buying it is SLIM, but the likelihood of a reseller buying it for peanuts is great. 

You are going to soon find out, IF you get bids, they will be few and very scant. You will also want to be using TRACKED shipping, unless you feel like giving them all away. 

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

Seems like a strange question/statement from a long time seller with an established sales record. 

Message 30 of 52
latest reply