cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does eBay have what it takes?

We will see.  Posted 14 auctions.  Fire & Rescue photos.  Photographer is famous & highly respected regarding the topic.  No competition.  Will they be seen?  Time will tell.  If they are a bust, it will convince me that this site is a lost cause.  Hope everyone is doing well.  🙂

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Does eBay have what it takes?

Are you sure Auction is the right format for your photos? Why not do BIN?

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

So if pictures of firetruck don't sell well then the site is a bust ? That's really your thought process.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

We will see.  Posted 14 auctions.  Fire & Rescue photos.  Photographer is famous & highly respected regarding the topic.  No competition.  Will they be seen?  Time will tell.  If they are a bust, it will convince me that this site is a lost cause. 

It will tell you more about whether there is a market for them than whether the site is "lost cause". 

To me, 14 low-priced listings in one tiny niche market hardly provides a big enough sample to make sweeping generalization about a site with 1.5 billion listings. 

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

We will see.  Posted 14 auctions.  Fire & Rescue photos.  Photographer is famous & highly respected regarding the topic.  No competition.  Will they be seen?  Time will tell.  If they are a bust, it will convince me that this site is a lost cause.  Hope everyone is doing well.  🙂

Has what it takes for what exactly?  Isn't this more of a test to find out if there is a market for these items / photos?  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Dude...NOTHING will convince you that this site is a lost cause - you're a lifer! 😁

Good luck with the photos, though - there are aficionados of fire trucks just as there are of locomotives, old truck cabs and the like. I like railway station architecture, myself.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 52
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

This is not directed at you alone but everybody selling pictures and posters.

Why would I pay you for the picture and the postage when I can simply download the picture directly from your listing to my own computer, resize it as I see fit and print it myself?

Now the lot of photos on an album where each one is askew so downloading them would be pointless - that one makes sense.

BUT

from your own listing (and I got it for free)

sakic.jpg

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

"Time will tell".

Well they're nice pics for a collector somewhere, but a few days isn't much time. This site (or any site) isn't a lost cause just because the item doesn't sell in a mere week...

I might argue that for many items auctions can be a "lost cause".

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Welcome back to eBay. Your home away from home. Bet you still have that eBay tattoo. 

Best of luck on the photos.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I think the auction format is not the best anymore.  You're gambling that not just one but at least two collectors will see it that exact week, will want it enough to compete, and will have the funds and the time to do so.  

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

eBay has what it takes but it takes a quality seller to turn "what" into sales.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

You might consider putting the size of the photos in the titles of the listings.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Time will tell what, if the Photographer will vero your butt for trying to sell his photos?

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

I would if we had more space other than 80 characters.

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

They have already been sold & resold.  This is how I got them.  lol

Message 15 of 52
latest reply