cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Displaying Feedback Replies

@my_boston_baked_beans wrote:

In all actuality, the 1st Amendment grants *Freedom of Speak*.

Freedom of Speech. 🙄

Therefore, for eBay to dis-allow sellers to  leave negative or neutral feedback is a breach of our constitutional rights!

No it is not.

Just because they own the venue eBay thinks they can dictate whatever they want!

They can.

Therefore, if sellers can only leave positive feedback than feedback has ZERO VALUE for sellers.

On that we can agree.

Message 106 of 158
latest reply

Didn't help Trump did it?

Message 107 of 158
latest reply

Not only that... better realize what the constitution is actually for.... 🙂   

For those that are unfamiliar, the constitution controls & limits government.  The freedom of speech in the constitution (first amendment) is about preventing the government from infringing on your speech, specifically so that you have ability to petition for a redress of grievances.  In short, the constitutional 1st amendment - freedom of speech, is the right that says that a person can articulate opinions and ideas without interference or retaliation from the government.   The constitution protects you from the government, not from fellow citizens or other entities.  Ebay is a business... it is not the government.   Demanding that ebay, facebook, youtube, YMCA, etc must allow you to have freedom of speech because of the constitution and the first amendment is barking up the wrong tree.  

Message 108 of 158
latest reply

If replying to negative or neutral feedback, I just post "contact me for my side" (just once). That way you're not attacking the buyer, no matter how much they may deserve it.

Message 109 of 158
latest reply

eBay encourages sellers to engage with buyers by responding to their feedback, which can help showcase their knowledge about products, provide context, and demonstrate their commitment to delivering a positive buyer experience.

Message 110 of 158
latest reply

If I had to do a response over I would probably leave out particulars and have focused on the fact that buyer is 100 percent protected by free returns and chose to keep the item while lobbying for concessions from the seller, which the seller believed were unwarranted. 

Message 111 of 158
latest reply

Not only barking up the wrong tree but in a whole different forest.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 112 of 158
latest reply

The easiest way to insult someone is to use big words they have to look up, by which time you're long gone.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 113 of 158
latest reply

No ebay is an equal opportunity giver, everyone gets IT

Message 114 of 158
latest reply

On the threat of leaving a feedback because you do not comply with a seller demand is a violation of ebay policy and as such demands removal if indeed left, and when reported.....

Message 115 of 158
latest reply

That is one of the reasons they blocked sellers from leaving deserved neg feedbacks, because the deadbeat s and scammers whined to ebay with threats of leaving ebay.(this is what the phone answerer stated upon questioning them back when they pulled this stunt...) There is only one fair feedback system, where the playing field is level and feedbacks can flow in either direction....then if EITHER seller OR buyer leaves what the other feels is unjust, as in many cases elsewhere when a amicable agreement between two parties cannot be reached, that both sides agree to accept a mediators decision and whatever the result so be it...anything else short of that is pointless, worthless, lacks common sense, and lacks transparency....as you are witnessing the chaos in the real current events.

Message 116 of 158
latest reply

And yet ebay still bases your seller performance on the feedback system and when a line is crossed on the number of neg feedbacks(or any aspect of the feedback ratings) left(just or unjust) ebay will start dinging your account and can lose if any acquired discounts of ebay fees....sounds like an easy way for ebay to get out of giving fee discounts....right hand gives it out left hand takes it back system. Just like making a seller responsible for whether USPS or any other carrier scans an item within "ebays"  determined time frame...and when you contact the carrier and explain it, they laugh at you and tell you to have ebay start delivering their own stuff...(Amazon did just that as well as having the driver take a pic to prove item was delivered)and NO I do not expect ebay to develop that system...I know better.

Message 117 of 158
latest reply

That will NEVER happen as it would screw up their penalty system and never be able to take back any discounts a seller earned by jumping thru all the hoops.....remember you have to set back and connect all the dots to even begin to understand why.....dig down to at least the 4th level before you can figure it out...

Message 118 of 158
latest reply

What's going on with FB?  Is the "cooling off" period for leaving negatives gone?  People are handing out negatives like candy now!  I've NEVER gotten 3 in one month in 20 years of doing business on ebay!  2 would have been removed under the old rules for being unfair and abusive.  I don't know what's going on with the so called "Feedback Updates" but all it seems you did was allow buyers to abuse sellers more.  This is not cool.  If you're going to allow buyers to leave negatives without cause you better change the way you calculate FB scores or how long you let the stats show.  12 months for them to roll off is going to become very unfair.  1 month should be the limit.

Message 119 of 158
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

If you're going to allow buyers to leave negatives without cause you better change the way you calculate FB scores or how long you let the stats show.

Like positive feedback percentage score of the actual number of sales instead of just the feedback received.

Message 120 of 158
latest reply