cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the extra 10K free listings in select categories end???

Wondering if I missed some nearly invisible memo.  Shortly after the pandemic started, there was a Promo Subscription of 10K additional fixed price listing in select categories--things like crafts, when all that went crazy.   Right now, mine is not showing as renewed for Aug, only in the expired offers.

Message 1 of 161
latest reply
160 REPLIES 160

Re: Did the extra 10K free listings in select categories end???

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Yes, but you don't see it on the store policy page at all and it should be there.  It was missing for many of our Seller Hubs for a few days, but is back now.  Why isn't this on the policy pages for a store?

The page @valueaddedresource provided found here, is the only page I can see that doesn't mention it @mam98031. Is there a link to any other policy page that the benefit is missing from? If so, I will pass it on as well. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 136 of 161
latest reply

Hi Velvet,

Yes - a lot of rollover listings.

I spoke with someone on chat and was told as a "one time courtesy" these fees would be refunded.

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.  I'm hopeful that you can follow up to ensure these fees are in fact being credited back to me.

Warren

Message 137 of 161
latest reply

@matchbookrelics wrote:

Hi Velvet,

Yes - a lot of rollover listings.

I spoke with someone on chat and was told as a "one time courtesy" these fees would be refunded.

Thanks for your help in getting this resolved.  I'm hopeful that you can follow up to ensure these fees are in fact being credited back to me.

Warren

@matchbookrelics velvet@ebay 
wait ...what? "A one time courtesy"...ebay made the error, not anyone, you, etc.. that IS NOT a "courtesy" to have those funds refunded, it is ebay's obligation to refund them! 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 138 of 161
latest reply

Exactly what I said, but didn't want to push too far as I didn't want her to say forget it - no refund for you!

Message 139 of 161
latest reply

I will not see any insertion fees until the end of the month.  One customer service rep I spoke too said if I get any I will be credited.  Like other's have said I use my 1000 listings for other categories not included in the 10000  yesterday I used 194.  If I do not change anything I maybe charged for those 194 at the end of the month. 

Thank you for your concern

Message 140 of 161
latest reply

I sold $850 worth of cards in the last week and my weekly payout today was only for $250, and it currently says available funds are $-107.....I'm out $750 from this currently.

Message 141 of 161
latest reply

@sparrow_magic wrote:

I sold $850 worth of cards in the last week and my weekly payout today was only for $250, and it currently says available funds are $-107.....I'm out $750 from this currently.

Yikes.  I would be on the horn with someone letting them know..........just keeping getting messier.

(18) eBay for Business | Facebook

Reach out on social media - ask them to help you.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 142 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Yes, but you don't see it on the store policy page at all and it should be there.  It was missing for many of our Seller Hubs for a few days, but is back now.  Why isn't this on the policy pages for a store?

The page @valueaddedresource provided found here, is the only page I can see that doesn't mention it @mam98031. Is there a link to any other policy page that the benefit is missing from? If so, I will pass it on as well. 

velvet@ebay 

https://www.ebay.com/sub/subscriptions

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 143 of 161
latest reply

@sparrow_magic wrote:

@sparrow_magic 

Have you gone and looked at your transactions in the Seller Hub under the Payments tab?  Or maybe it would be easier to download the report and go through it to find what you are being charged for.

Message 144 of 161
latest reply

Hello all! I've heard back that they were able to find an issue on August 1st where some sellers did not get the benefit of the "select category" free insertions. This was an issue and not a sign of things to come. They are proactively crediting sellers who paid these insertion fees as a result and those should be seen in the next 48 hours. In addition to that, they will be checking again towards the end of the month, for any sellers who had activity on August 1st in the select categories but incurred insertion fees (in any category) later in the month as a result of this issue. They wanted to note that the credit would be capped at the number of listings that the impacted seller had during the impacted period of August 1st. 

As for the two pages @valueaddedresource and @mam98031 provided that don't currently speak to this added benefit to store subscriptions, please know that information has been passed on for any possible updates to be made.

Thank you all for the heads up about this issue so we could work to find those sellers who had been impacted by it and credits provided where necessary. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 145 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay  Thanks for your persistence Velvet! Glad we finally got a reply from the team. If I'm reading this correctly, it appears ebay is acknowledging that this is not really a "promotion" but is part of our store subscription.

Message 146 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

Hello all! I've heard back that they were able to find an issue on August 1st where some sellers did not get the benefit of the "select category" free insertions. This was an issue and not a sign of things to come. They are proactively crediting sellers who paid these insertion fees as a result and those should be seen in the next 48 hours. In addition to that, they will be checking again towards the end of the month, for any sellers who had activity on August 1st in the select categories but incurred insertion fees (in any category) later in the month as a result of this issue. They wanted to note that the credit would be capped at the number of listings that the impacted seller had during the impacted period of August 1st. 

As for the two pages @valueaddedresource and @mam98031 provided that don't currently speak to this added benefit to store subscriptions, please know that information has been passed on for any possible updates to be made.

Thank you all for the heads up about this issue so we could work to find those sellers who had been impacted by it and credits provided where necessary. 

velvet@ebay  thanks for the update and very happy to hear eBay is handling the credits proactively!

Message 147 of 161
latest reply

I spoke to a representative by phone on Monday evening, and he said that once the issue was corrected, any listings that should have applied to the 10,000 insertion credits in select categories, but were incorrectly deducted from the 1,000 insertion credits in any category would be AUTOMATICALLY corrected.  While I appreciate your offer to make credits at the end of the month, you said the credits would be capped at the amount effected by the issue.  How am I supposed to keep track of that when my count in the overview section of seller hub is now mixed up?  At the end of the month, I always go to that section and look over any listings that still are scheduled to relist before the end of the month to verify that there are enough credits to cover it.  But if those numbers will not be corrected (as the rep on Monday told me they would be), how am I to know if there are any listings I need to end early?

Message 148 of 161
latest reply

I think we need pain and suffering compensation...😉

Message 149 of 161
latest reply

Thank you for your hard work on this subjects velvet@ebay .  It is appreciated.  

I personally can't think of any good reason why Ebay doesn't update those policy pages ASAP if not sooner.  They do not represent the reality of a store.

Message 150 of 161
latest reply