cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did ebay swap paid CSR's for the boards knowledge at no overhead??

I have not had to call eBay customer service for a long time. The other day, I did. I think I could have procured a conversation with the Pope easier. Unless I'm missing something, the grist for this Mill would seem to be one cannot speak to any eBay customer service reps, and need to either seek the help from the boards, or try to use a haphazard bot texting volley, that is pretty much a fail? Perhaps I didn't jump through enough hoops on the eBay troubleshooting page click-o-rama?  Not to, in any way, minimalize the advice given on the boards, but is this what our support has been modified [reduced] to?  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Best support is here on the forums or ebay for business on facebook.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I've only had to reach out one time since the whole pandamnic started. I had success by sending a message on the eBay facebook page. Quick, intelligible emails come from Reps with the knowledge and resources to actually offer service.

You can reply to the emails, your issue might be forwarded to another (better qualified) Rep, you can even escalate the problem to decision-makers, if necessary. My advice is to be concise and remove emotion from the messages.

It might take 3 emails with 3 different Reps, but what better do you have to do today? Good luck to you.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

This has its limitations though, however. Sometimes you need someone with some ebay clout, or power...to do, or UN-do something. 😉R (25).gif

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I pay for an Anchor Store so I get Anchor support...when I call on an account that doesn't have that it is always stump an overseas CSR that goes off script and they start telling you stuff you know isn't true and doesn't have the authority do anything I need done anyway.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I've only had to reach out one time since the whole pandamnic started. I had success by sending a message on the eBay facebook page. Quick, intelligible emails come from Reps with the knowledge and resources to actually offer service.

You can reply to the emails, your issue might be forwarded to another (better qualified) Rep, you can even escalate the problem to decision-makers, if necessary. My advice is to be concise and remove emotion from the messages.

It might take 3 emails with 3 different Reps, but what better do you have to do today? Good luck to you.

I don't do the Facebook thing...And that would rather be like having to take one's Lexus to the Volkswagen dealership for repairs.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I don't do the Facebook thing...

@dubiousgain 

Me, either. But desperate times call for desperate measures. I just wanted to share what works. Oh, well...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Try calling as a buyer and see if you can get a US rep.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@dubiousgain 

Me, either. But desperate times call for desperate measures. I just wanted to share what works. Oh, well...

It fascinates me when people are given reliable, appropriate, valid, successful options for their situation, and they refuse them. Your "Oh, well . . . " is spot on.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@dubiousgain wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

I don't do the Facebook thing...And that would rather be like having to take one's Lexus to the Volkswagen dealership for repairs.

I don't either...BUT if my Lexus needs fixed, the Lexus place is closed and the VW guy can fix it, why not?

It takes seconds to make a throwaway junkbook account and any problem you have could very well be solved.

All big businesses have social media presence, why not take advantage of it if normal routes fail?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@dubiousgain 

It fascinates me when people are given reliable, appropriate, valid, successful options for their situation, and they refuse them. Your "Oh, well . . . " is spot on.

Well, there are a few noob posters around here giving wildly inaccurate information and getting thumbs for it.

Sometimes you can't lose for winning...or something like that.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@dubiousgain 

I don't think I would be quite so snarky, as the fairy Godmother post makes a valid point. Good is not synonymous with perfect.  And should it take some of the curse off of it for you, Dubious did give MtGraves a thumbs up on his rebuttal. Just saying.  I guess fascination is where one finds something sparkly. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@u_cant_take_it_with_u  This has its limitations though, however. Sometimes you need someone with some ebay clout, or power...to do, or UN-do something. 

That's why you do exactly what I stated and use ebay for business on Facebook. The reps that are there, work for ebay, are from the states, understand the systems and can ACTUALLY get something done. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I don't find anything snarky at all with pburn's comment....

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@dubiousgain wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Well, Ebay's CEO  Iannone doesn't do the Ebay thing either, he addresses sellers via LinkedIn.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply