cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferrals of fees is not enough - eBay needs to do more.

I have an anchor store and am paying $299.95 per month for it. Sales are down 90% due to covid-19. eBay won't let me downgrade my store level without early termination fees. I asked if they could credit me for a month or two due to the sales drop off and the eBay support rep told me to go pound sand.

eBay needs to do something for the many sellers in my position. If they are unwilling to support sellers during this unprecedented time they are a company that should no longer be trusted to do business with going forward.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Deferrals of fees is not enough - eBay needs to do more.

Are you updated on all the Announcement made by ebay?

Besides the deferral of ebay fees, downgrading a seller's status is on hold, and store subscribers received an offer of 50,000 free listings for March and April.

I don't sell enough to ask for a deferral, and no way I could even muster up another 100 listings even though I am in California, where we are Sheltering at Home.

What else would you like ebay to do?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sales maybe down for you.........but you've sold over 200 items in March many with prices over $20.......might be time to pay as you go....and include a bit more of each sale to cover the store fee..........

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The beginning of March was fine but the last 24 hours we've sold 1 item. You do understand that the situation today is much different than on March 1st, don't you?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

yep, and that's the reason I suggest pay as you go for anyone with anchor store expense ( or premium who can't save enough for the store fee).........  that may not work out, if the bottom completely drops out of sales, but at least you've paid something toward that expense. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Here's an idea for you..... End all your listings, close down your store and go elsewhere.   Yes this is uncanny times but I get so tired of folks thinking everyone they own money to are rich.   Ebay has monitary obligations and are giving folks a chance to defer.   Maybe the one lesson folks will learn when this is all over is to save your money.  This is the rainy day people.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@sofancy wrote:

The beginning of March was fine but the last 24 hours we've sold 1 item. You do understand that the situation today is much different than on March 1st, don't you?

Are you basing your "sales are down 90%" on ONE DAY? Or did I misunderstand?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So what do you expect them to do? Give you a free store till it's over?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What a nasty and rude comment. You should be ashamed 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply