cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cubic shipping finally coming to eBay??

I noticed today my option for regional rate shipping is gone.  Turns out the USPS is discontinuing that service on 1/22/23.  As a workaround I have been using stamps.com as they still give the option, but sometimes the cubic rate is actually a little cheaper.  I contacted eBay customer support and they said they will be offering cubic shipping as an alternative to regional rate since that option will no longer be available.  I was told it would be working by 1/22 and there will be an email communication sent to all users of the site.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I fear trusting phone in reps.  I wish ebay would make an official announcement instead of making everything guess about what is going on.  A warning that they would drop the regionals prior to USPS stopping them would have been nice too.   I just signed up for Pirateship.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Also, USPS still has the boxes available on their site, and you can still get them while supplies last, so I placed a big order for them today.  USPS is allowing people to still use these boxes and put cubic rate labels on them, so may as well get some free boxes while they last.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 98
latest reply

@huff-stuff  thanx for letting us know huff!

Message 3 of 98
latest reply

they only allowed me to order 2 packs of the Region A boxes

Message 4 of 98
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

they only allowed me to order 2 packs of the Region A boxes

You should be able to order up to 4 packs of 25 (of each style box) per order unless they just changed it.  I placed my orders (several 4x orders) just this morning.

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

That's great news.

But stamps.com?  Do they still do the thing where if your label misprints you have to request a refund through USPS?  They used to not allow reprinting.

Message 6 of 98
latest reply

@oldskoolmadskilz wrote:

That's great news.

But stamps.com?  Do they still do the thing where if your label misprints you have to request a refund through USPS?  They used to not allow reprinting.

Yes, the refunds do take a week or two.  They also now allow one (1) reprint per label.  I'm just using it temporarily until cubic shipping is available on eBay.

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

At the eBay seller check-in last November the shipping team revealed in the Q&A section that they were working on negotiating rates and we might see cubic in 2023. Then, when eBay lowered priority rates before Christmas that was further confirmation of eBay moving in that direction.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 98
latest reply

I fear trusting phone in reps.  I wish ebay would make an official announcement instead of making everything guess about what is going on.  A warning that they would drop the regionals prior to USPS stopping them would have been nice too.   I just signed up for Pirateship.

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

I was just thinking the same thing...a heads up email from Ebay would have been nice instead of catching people off guard and make them go dig for answers.

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I confirmed with two different reps, they both told me the exact same thing.

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

A warning that they would drop the regionals prior to USPS stopping them would have been nice too.   

Yes, I was caught off guard by this as well.  I use regional rate for at least half of my shipments.  Stamps has cubic shipping too so I have been playing around with it.  I sure hope eBay's rates are better.

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

@huff-stuff wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

I confirmed with two different reps, they both told me the exact same thing.

That's great and I hope they were right, but again, why don't they let everyone know with an announcement or something.

Message 13 of 98
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

A warning that they would drop the regionals prior to USPS stopping them would have been nice too.   I just signed up for Pirateship.

We've been seeing reports for a day or two now that RR labels are no longer available for purchase through eBay and I can confirm that I checked yesterday and was unable to purchase RR through eBay.

This is not how it was intended to work though because a short while ago the shipping team told devon@ebay:

"Between now and January 22 when Regional Rate boxes are discontinued, Regional Rate Boxes will still show on the listings and be available for purchase on eBay Labels. After January 22, Priority Mail will be the service shown on these listings and purchases will not fail."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 98
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

That's great and I hope they were right, but again, why don't they let everyone know with an announcement or something.

I agree...

Message 15 of 98
latest reply