cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communtiy Poll: is GTC Good or Bad for your Business?

Just a simple poll for the Community.

Do you think the GTC format is beneficial for your current eBay needs?

IF eBay gave you a choice???? 

Would you have said Yes or No to a GTC format?

These are simple yes or  no questions.

Message 1 of 181
latest reply
180 REPLIES 180

How will top sellers lose their rating and discounts?  Help - I"m a top seller and also discouraged by all of these changes.

Message 31 of 181
latest reply

How will top sellers lose their rating and discounts?  Help - I"m a top seller and also discouraged by all of these changes.
Message 32 of 181
latest reply

Definitely a NO, NO, NO !

Message 33 of 181
latest reply

If the past week when all 2078 items went th e GTC, no. I usually sell 5-7 items each weekend. Last weekend I sold 1 item. I am nervous.
Message 34 of 181
latest reply

No. As a seller, it has greatly reduced my ability to plan for days off. So far, my GTC listings are showing poor conversion to sales.  As a buyer, I do not want to wade through thousands of auto re listed items. 

Message 35 of 181
latest reply

No.  I entirely agree with gotoguys2000, it's a money grab.  Also they'll monitor our items, maybe even remove items from our listings because they have been running too long.  I'm sure they won't consider that some unique items can take quite a while to sell.

Message 36 of 181
latest reply

The GTC Mandate will NOT be good for my business and will increase my work load Tremendously.   

Message 37 of 181
latest reply

A Big NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Message 38 of 181
latest reply

NO to GTC.

Message 39 of 181
latest reply

Ebay's GTC mandate reminds me of a couple stories I heard as a kid: "The Emperor's New Clothes" and "The Giving Tree".  (Ebay) The King  expects sellers to believe this looks great is being done for their own good.   And Ebay (The Little Boy who befriends a Tree) and keeps taking and taking from the tree until it is stomp with nothing left for the tree to give and nothing left for the Little Boy to take).  The King winds up embarrassed and the Little Boys winds up sitting on the stomp and wondering what happened.  Anyone else see the similarities?

Message 40 of 181
latest reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Would be nice if those in charge at Ebay would realize that what works for some, doesn't work for all. I am truly happy for those that it does work for, but GTC is NOT for me!

Message 41 of 181
latest reply

No, it's bad for smaller sellers. 

Message 42 of 181
latest reply

NO.
It's ridiculous the option was taken away and is now being forced. It is not right to auto-list/auto-charge for something we may not even want listed.

GTC does not work for all sellers. It does not work for me for the majority of my items.  
I will be listing less now and less listings = less sales.

Message 43 of 181
latest reply

No. Just more work for me and I haven't even thought about days off/vacations yet. Previously, if I were going to be gone for a week, I'd just have auction listings that could develop until I returned. But now, I would have to plan weeks ahead because of the GTC's, or just end them all early. We are slowly tapering off with listings and will do less in the future.

Message 44 of 181
latest reply

No, Mostly because it makes more work for me. I had a system that has taken me 18 years as an ebay seller to perfect and GTC does not fit that system.

Only time will tell whether GTC hurts or helps business. Experience shows that evey time ebay
makes a major change it costs me sales.
Message 45 of 181
latest reply