cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communtiy Poll: is GTC Good or Bad for your Business?

Just a simple poll for the Community.

Do you think the GTC format is beneficial for your current eBay needs?

IF eBay gave you a choice???? 

Would you have said Yes or No to a GTC format?

These are simple yes or  no questions.

Message 1 of 181
latest reply
180 REPLIES 180

No to GTC format

Message 2 of 181
latest reply

definite no for me.

Message 3 of 181
latest reply

NO!!!!!   HATE IT!    EBAY Should not be dictating sellers terms. 

Message 4 of 181
latest reply

Yes

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 5 of 181
latest reply

I don't know YET. If my sales increase because of the change Y-E-S,  presumably due to more hits on the search engines. I am crossing my fingers.

Message 6 of 181
latest reply

Can not be sure but one thing I know is that March 2019 is bad for business

Message 7 of 181
latest reply

no

Message 8 of 181
latest reply

Bad, it's a money grab to try and force to pay to promote an item  My sells have went from $1500 a day to $100 a day. They have finally broke me.  We are done  Everybody needs to be done  that's all they understand.  First I cant leave negative feedback on a terrible buyer , then they wont stand with has buyers are stealing from you now this.  I will be finding another platform to sell on  May not make as much but will control how I choose to sell my item

Message 9 of 181
latest reply

BAD - We pay for OUR Store and should be able to run it the way WE want to. 

GTC was only good for Items that we had multiples of, or variations of the same product.

I still cannot believe they did this to us. 

If you think this was bad, just wait until the Fall update!

Message 10 of 181
latest reply

No!  I can't remember the last change made by eBay that was good for business.  Sellers should be able to choose how long they want their listing to last.

Message 11 of 181
latest reply

This is horrible for my business on multiple fronts.  It's all about trying to get additional fees from sellers who have items repost with no available free postings.  It's an obvious and disparate money grab. There's no other way to explain it.  No one has the time every night to check their postings and cancel the ones that are under performing before they relist.  It may work for some sellers who have multiple items of the same thing but definitely not for small sellers with unique items.  Ebay should focus on ways to make Ebay a better selling platform and attracting new buyers not hitting sellers who pay for: (a store, buy it now fees on auctions, final values fees on both the items and shipping, Paypal fees) with yet additional fees they are tricked into paying.  This is a short sighted decision that will hurt sellers in the short term and both Ebay (and sellers) in the long term. My sales have definitely dipped since the force GTC policy has started. There have been many, many postings on this Chat Board regarding sellers being irate about this new policy.  Most of them have been removed or hidden. When is Ebay going to realized enough is enough?  It's clear Ebay doesn't value it's sellers and they definitely don't listen to them!!!

Message 12 of 181
latest reply

no

Message 13 of 181
latest reply

definitely a NO! I have already seen a decline in sales. this will be Ebay's demise. 

Message 14 of 181
latest reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Message 15 of 181
latest reply