Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Head in sand about fees.

I'm probably gong to get some bites and kicks over this post. I just read all the latest posts about fees. Wake-up...especially newer sellers. Pull head of sand. Yes, 10% on sale plus 10% on shipping. PP 2.9% on total including shipping fee plus they...

Suspect Buyer

I need some assistance. I sent a customer a very expensive electronic item over the holiday. There was one deficiency which I told him about. Now he said the item doesn’t work and I didn’t insure it. Do I have any recourse?

Return and than send a new one

The buyer bought from me product X instead of Y. He wants to return X. He opened a return request. And sent it back today. What should I do? He doesn't want refund but only product Y. I think the right thing to do, as he opened a request and he can d...

The leaders of Ebay...

"eBay played a game of musical chairs with its "Our Leaders" page on its corporate website, and one executive is missing - its head of strategy. Kris Miller joined eBay in 2014, and while missing from the page, she still lists her current position as...

PayPal Statement - Remitting local sales tax **bleep** happened?

Morning! We collect and remit local sales tax quarterly, I just went to my Nov statement in excel to do a quick sum and be done, as I have done for years past. But now that other states are remitting sales tax excel is showing ALL transactions with s...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Service Metrics

Why isn't eBay listening to the sellers, especially top rated sellers, about the unfair service metrics. They are trying to put everyone in a "one size fits all" status. There are extenuating circumstances with a lot of returns and they don't listen....

Anybody know anything about this?

While researching for a friend who has an extensive collection of old vinyl records and historical artifacts thinking of listing them on eBay I came across this post on the Selling board community.ebay.com/t5/selling/this-is-absurd-how-is-a-bluegrass...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this a scam?

Hello all, I just wanted to pick your brains about something: I am new to Ebay and just posted my first items for sale. I got two questions worded exactly the same way from two different buyers with brand new accounts and no reviews yet:"Good day, I ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling to the US, from the US, using a UK account

Crossposted from Powerseller Business, where there doesn't appear to be much traffic. Maybe I will have better luck here...---There was a thread on the main Selling board about this a couple of weeks ago (now gone, presumably mod deleted). The thread...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 29 replies
  • 2 helpful

Buyer Wants Me to Purchase Giftcard. I am 99% sure it’s a scam but want to check with you guys first

The buyer wants to purchase items from me. 3 to be exact and they total to over $150. As this is my first sale I got excited and confirmed them and started talking to them. That is when they mentioned wanting a $250 visa gift card as well as a birthd...

items not showing up in store

i am new to ebay selling. I listed my first item and, it does not show in the results when I searched with that name? what is that? and what are the solutions for that?

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Nothing selling for TWO MONTHS!! Can we make a petition to eBay...? LOL

Hello, this is my first time posting in the eBay Community, I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the correct category. But anyhow... I began trying to sell on here over a year and a half ago, it was OK-ish... Then I began selling a lot of items on e...

Bid retraction

I had a bidder retract his bid. I had a reserve and he claimed he was “testing the water” to see what the reserve was instead of simply asking. The buyer has 79 previous transactions and apparently nothing better to do. If he was new I could see the ...

PayPal to EBay payments

eBay is going to Fall. We do 1.2 million in sales and they forced us to switch from PayPal to eBay payments. Terrible someone behind a desk that doesn’t understand. We are considering amazon like never before.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 44 replies
  • 4 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors