cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes with promos not automatically applying through the cart?

I set up a flat rate promo for a buyer that was having trouble requesting a combined shipping total through the cart. The system defaulted to charging the buyer the full shipping amount instead of automatically applying the promotion.

I did some research to see if I could find more examples and I found this discussion from a month and a half ago-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/My-promotion-free-shipping-on-orders-over-75-is-suddenly-not/t...

tyler@ebay- you were working on this one- did you ever get any answers? Is it a glitch with a tech ticket or did eBay make a really poor choice and change the functionality? It looks like you initially thought this could be a design change and functioning as intended. 😞

Are your buyers still having issues with this @hillbillymedia?

My buyer expressed how difficult it was- that it took them a while to figure out they had to go to the coupon section of the cart and select the shipping promo for each item on the order. It was not intuitive and they had nearly given up on it.

This all happened after the buyer couldn’t request a total through the app- then couldn’t request a total on the mobile site from their phone’s browser- then when I got them to switch to the classic site view on their phone’s browser, the request total option still didn’t show up even though it should be there on classic view.

Because I wouldn't get a FVF credit on a partial refund (which would have been significant) and I had already given the buyer a shipping quote- I didn't want to have them buy at full price then refund the shipping difference. I went with the last resort of setting up the shipping promo and it did not go smoothly. If the buyer could have gotten those items anywhere else there is no way they would have stuck with me throughout the process.

I got screenshots from the buyer. Since I can't post the screenshots here, I'd like to e-mail them tyler@ebay to see if you could get them to the tech team. The request total link should have been there on the classic website and it wasn’t.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@coffeebean832    as a matter of fact yes.  A customer just made a purchase qualifying for my promo and wasn`t discounted for it thru the cart. Customer messaged me after purchase requesting a refund. I will have to do a refund for the shipping they paid and apologize to the customer. AFAIK Tyler never returned to the old thread and I gave up.  

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for confirming that @hillbillymedia. With the Seller Update coming out today this issue may not get a reply until next week. Hopefully Tyler checks in before then- if not we can tag him again.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832   I know the staff must be busy. I have no doubt we are not the only folks to be experiencing this issue. The problem is such an easy thing to overlook if you aren`t paying attention, so I can see why others may have not noticed it yet.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@hillbillymedia- I ran into the problem again this morning with another confused buyer. They were looking at their cart and seeing the higher shipping charge and sending me numerous messages saying the shipping promo wasn't working. I had to tell them to go to the checkout screen where they could select the lower promotional shipping rate.

I can understand why the promo wouldn't default if the regular shipping price is lower than the promo- and I can understand it if the promo shipping method is slower. But in instances where the promo is a cost savings and the promo is equal to or better than the regular shipping price- it should be defaulting to the promotional rate.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832    I just had another customer complain the promo isn`t working and frankly I lack the talent to talk them through the "new process".  Again, they cannot request a total because the button isn`t active. IMO the req total button should never be inactive. I could probably coax the buyer into just paying the shipping and me refunding later but I`m not going to. I don`t even know if all the items in their cart qualify for the promo. Ebay really needs to fix this. 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832   I agree.  The cart should default to the promotional rate like it states that it has. Thats how it was before they changed it. If it states the promotion has been applied it should apply the promotion and it clearly isn`t.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay- as you were responding on the first thread about this, can you follow up with more info? Please see OP above. 🙂

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Giving this another shot. @hillbillymedia tyler@ebay 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I am not sure what you mean by a shipping promotion. Is this something that can be worked out by changing your shipping preferences (shipping rules)?  I realize not everybody sells items that are all uniform in size, but I believe you can have multiple shipping rules to add a specified amount to original shipping. You can also specify in the listing itself how much to add. Also when you make a shipping rule a box appears at the bottom to apply your shipping rule. 

I checked my listings and everything looks like they are adding up correctly still. I cannot see you items to check  how they are adding up on your end as they look to be hidden. Not knowing what you have to sell, this is the best I can suggest. 

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@violetsource- This discussion is about shipping promotions created through promotions manager.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Examples: Buy 3 get free shipping, Free shipping when you spend $75+, etc.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Ok, I understand now. I never have used that feature before. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. I hope somebody will come along with a solution for you.  Good luck on your sales.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832   I finally ended my promo. With it not working properly it was causing some issues I`m not willing to deal with. Tyler seems to be MIA and frankly, I`m just fed up.

Ebay continues to make the site more difficult to use with almost every change they make. They continue to take away tools I used to use on a regular basis, like finding deleted ended listings. I can`t even tell now if I've relisted an item because they have removed the relisted icon.  My problems with ebay are not just on the selling side. As a heavy buyer, I am also just as dissatisfied. Don`t get me wrong, some improvements have been made, but overall, I have to give them a F- grade.

Sorry for the vent.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

tyler@ebay- I just read that you're leaving eBay. You'll be missed around here- but congrats on the new job.

Can you please get velvet@ebay up to date on the thread linked in my OP so she can follow up where you left off? Sellers affected by this issue would appreciate it!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

tyler@ebay- I just read that you're leaving eBay. You'll be missed around here- but congrats on the new job.

Can you please get velvet@ebay up to date on the thread linked in my OP so she can follow up where you left off? Sellers affected by this issue would appreciate it!

Hi @coffeebean832! I'm happy to take this on. It looks like Tyler's ticket was closed out without a real reply of any kind. I'm happy to get a new one filed but given how much time has passed since that was filed back in December, I know they're going to want updated examples. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply