cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes with promos not automatically applying through the cart?

I set up a flat rate promo for a buyer that was having trouble requesting a combined shipping total through the cart. The system defaulted to charging the buyer the full shipping amount instead of automatically applying the promotion.

I did some research to see if I could find more examples and I found this discussion from a month and a half ago-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/My-promotion-free-shipping-on-orders-over-75-is-suddenly-not/t...

tyler@ebay- you were working on this one- did you ever get any answers? Is it a glitch with a tech ticket or did eBay make a really poor choice and change the functionality? It looks like you initially thought this could be a design change and functioning as intended. 😞

Are your buyers still having issues with this @hillbillymedia?

My buyer expressed how difficult it was- that it took them a while to figure out they had to go to the coupon section of the cart and select the shipping promo for each item on the order. It was not intuitive and they had nearly given up on it.

This all happened after the buyer couldn’t request a total through the app- then couldn’t request a total on the mobile site from their phone’s browser- then when I got them to switch to the classic site view on their phone’s browser, the request total option still didn’t show up even though it should be there on classic view.

Because I wouldn't get a FVF credit on a partial refund (which would have been significant) and I had already given the buyer a shipping quote- I didn't want to have them buy at full price then refund the shipping difference. I went with the last resort of setting up the shipping promo and it did not go smoothly. If the buyer could have gotten those items anywhere else there is no way they would have stuck with me throughout the process.

I got screenshots from the buyer. Since I can't post the screenshots here, I'd like to e-mail them tyler@ebay to see if you could get them to the tech team. The request total link should have been there on the classic website and it wasn’t.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Changes with promos not automatically applying through the cart?

Thanks velvet@ebay! Do the promos need to be live? Because of the issues going on both @hillbillymedia and myself have ended our shipping promos.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Thanks velvet@ebay! Do the promos need to be live? Because of the issues going on both @hillbillymedia and myself have ended our shipping promos.

Good question @coffeebean832! The tech team really likes to be able to recreate things so live would be best. If you have recent examples I can share from promos you've ended, then we could start with that and if they come back saying they need them live then we could go from there. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

@coffeebean832 

I set up a new promotion:"free shipping with orders over $100" today and the problem still persists.  I add 100+ worth of items to my cart and i my cart it shows "offer applied" yet I have to take additional steps at checkout to actually get the discount. Then to make matters worse, when the discount does apply there is a warning message stating the option isn`t available.  A simple solution IMO would be to stop blocking the "request total button" which I have been begging for from ebay since the shopping cart was created.

promo1.JPGpromo 2.JPGpromo 3.JPG

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

velvet@ebay 

@coffeebean832 

I set up a new promotion:"free shipping with orders over $100" today and the problem still persists.  I add 100+ worth of items to my cart and i my cart it shows "offer applied" yet I have to take additional steps at checkout to actually get the discount. Then to make matters worse, when the discount does apply there is a warning message stating the option isn`t available.  A simple solution IMO would be to stop blocking the "request total button" which I have been begging for from ebay since the shopping cart was created.

promo1.JPGpromo 2.JPGpromo 3.JPG

Thank you @hillbillymedia! I'm in the process of filing filling out a new ticket but it's asking for the URL and browser being used. Do you happen to have those two things?

Velvet,
eBay
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay    Hi. I use Microsoft edge to list and sell but used firefox to add items to the cart to see if the promo worked. I went in to get the link and it looks like they have it fixed!!!  here is the link anyway...    https://cart.ebay.com/

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

@coffeebean832 

I tested it pretty thoroughly this morn and it is fixed as far as I`m concerned! I can`t thank you enough!!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

velvet@ebay 

@coffeebean832 

I tested it pretty thoroughly this morn and it is fixed as far as I`m concerned! I can`t thank you enough!!

Apologies for the delay @hillbillymedia as I was on vacation last week. That's wonderful news though, thank you for following up to let me know! I'm glad it's working as designed now!!! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 22 of 22
latest reply