cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you sell on eBay without a PayPal account?

I'd rather not get a PayPal account, as of all the problems happening lately and such, but it would be nice to re-expand to eBay. Is there a way to receive money to my bank instead of having a PayPal email to receive payment? Thanks!

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Can you sell on eBay without a PayPal account?

Really upset about the change that gives EBAY access to my checking account. NO WAY. I will have to find other sites to sell my stuff. Anyone have a list of such web sites?

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I agree with all who say it's a bad move.

As a seller now it looks like they offer PayPal, I don't want PayPal used, how can I stop Ebay letting buyers use it? Also where is this new scheme explained in plain English?

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Maybe not but can a buyer pay with PayPal?

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

It may for you but I find PayPal witholding payments of around 1000 to gain interest.

Never been happy with them.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Paypal froze my money. They are liars and thieves.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

They did the same thing to me. I used them as my merchant service provider for my unrelated business (Fitness). Clients typically pay for 1-3 months of training at a time. I had a client that I had been using for over a year, and suddenly they froze her payment to me (because of a disputed charge she had with another merchant on the card). The payment covered operating expenses, and they were wanting me to wait 6 weeks to receive payment in full. They also conveniently offered me to take out a Working Capital Loan with an interest rate attached, in addition to the interest I pay for them accept payments. I took the loan for the amount of the payment and told them to keep the money when it clears and closed my account. They have tried to come after me for the interest before, but with my thorough documentation of all the events and emails, they chose instead to just blacklist me (which is fine by me, just an inconvenience). Ffwd 4 years later, I come here to sell something, and they tell me my payment will need to go through PayPal first.... I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@fa71843 wrote:

I am not happy at all because ebay went to MP.  I liked having my sales go into my paypal account and the shipping cost deducted from the same account.  Now the sales payments go into my personal bank checking account but the shipping cost comes out of my paypal account.  That will mean I have to reverse shipping cost and thee monthly fee from my personal checking account over to paypal account.  I am seriously considering cancelling my ebay account after 18 years selling on ebay.  Why do I not have a choice of how to do my personal financing for my account?

You can change that setting (at the bottom where you print labels), unless your payouts are not in USD.

I get CAD, and I can't use my pay out money to buy shipping. I hooked it up to Paypal, but with Visa as a primary funding source (not available balance) so all my charges go directly to my credit card.

C.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply