cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you sell on eBay without a PayPal account?

I'd rather not get a PayPal account, as of all the problems happening lately and such, but it would be nice to re-expand to eBay. Is there a way to receive money to my bank instead of having a PayPal email to receive payment? Thanks!

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, If you do local pickup only, but it would benefit your account a lot more if you sold items to people outside your general area (kind of the purpose of ebay)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Yes, If you do local pickup only, but it would benefit your account a lot more if you sold items to people outside your general area (kind of the purpose of ebay)

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Managed Payments is currently rolling out on ebay and you will get payouts to your bank and won't have to use PayPal. They are currently rolling out all sellers to MP but it will take till end of 2021 for all sellers to be in the program. You can register your interest in the managed payments program with ebay. Once your in it though I recommend you have a separate checking account for ebay if you plan to do high volume selling.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Thank you. Yeah, that kind of sucks. I'll just stick to my other places for a while, but I might make a PayPal account soon. 

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Sure & no you don't have to do local pickup.  You do have to be in Managed Payments.  This is the way Ebay is going & is trying to get everyone OFF PP & into MP.   I'm not sure if you start a new acct, if you automatically get put into MP, as it is being rolled out in increments. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@12346hgg71 wrote:

@12346hgg71 

@ftwshop 

If you offer local pick up, you are still required to offer a form of electronic payment that would be processed through either PayPal or Managed Payments. Even a cash transaction involves FVFs. That means signing up to sell with either a PayPal account or Managed Payments--whichever eBay offers you (or requires) as a new seller.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

You can pay eBay fees with a credit or bank card, no PayPal is required. 

You can sell on eBay through Managed Payments, no PayPal is required. 

In fact, MP kind of shafted me, because the fees that used to go on the credit card now come off the transaction before I get paid, so where I used to be able to spread the costs out across all  transactions and get the full price up front and collect a little interest on it now I don't see that part of the funds at all. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Yes, if you sell your products out side of your are or from your region to another region having a account is more beneficial for you

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I do not like using my personal checking account from my bank for ebay sales.  And they take the shipping cost out of my paypal account without adding in the sales receipts.  Very confusing to try to figure out and no one is answering when I try to contact them.  

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I am not happy at all because ebay went to MP.  I liked having my sales go into my paypal account and the shipping cost deducted from the same account.  Now the sales payments go into my personal bank checking account but the shipping cost comes out of my paypal account.  That will mean I have to reverse shipping cost and thee monthly fee from my personal checking account over to paypal account.  I am seriously considering cancelling my ebay account after 18 years selling on ebay.  Why do I not have a choice of how to do my personal financing for my account?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@fa71843 wrote:

I am not happy at all because ebay went to MP.  I liked having my sales go into my paypal account and the shipping cost deducted from the same account.  Now the sales payments go into my personal bank checking account but the shipping cost comes out of my paypal account.  That will mean I have to reverse shipping cost and thee monthly fee from my personal checking account over to paypal account.  I am seriously considering cancelling my ebay account after 18 years selling on ebay.  Why do I not have a choice of how to do my personal financing for my account?

There is an option when you print the shipping label to pay for it out of the buyer's payment.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

If new sellers still don't have to sign up with Managed Payments before selling (?) it seems kinda silly if the goal is to get everyone on MP sooner rather than later. i can see staggering folks already doing business, but new sellers should be a no-brainer. 

Anyhow, there is no need to print postage from PayPal in MP, you can pay from buyers payment.  When creaqting shipping label scroll to the bottom to see option.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

You can't sell online WITH a paypal account now.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

You can't sell online WITH a paypal account now.

We sell online on our own website and all we accept is Paypal. Works perfectly 🙂

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I am planning to leave ebay when my yearly contract is up in about a month.  Can you explain to me how you set up your website?

Message 15 of 22
latest reply