cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CYBER MONDAY? IS EBAY's Day of the Dead?

abeandsable
Scout

Ebay Killed Cyber Monday

Wow, I have read many of the previous post on low sales. Click through rates, Sales conversions, Graphs, Charts, best practices. Suggested Prices ( yes any one will by a Mercede's for a dollar "  I am a small attic seller However this is clearly affecting every seller on Ebay. Lower the price , Take better photo's , Write a better description ,add more product identifiers. Cross Market with Social Media. Offer free returns, Free shipping ,Gaurenteed delivery:

OH Promoted listings ! Were we pay extra to get view's but if you do not have sales conversions for the views ,you will get dropped lower or out of in the search results. so we are actually paying to promote no sales ?

Their new search engine is a gamble and it seems as if we all have lost. 

All this did not matter before Ebay "Fixed" itself only just helped. 

They have "fixed" every small retailer out of the field. From  some of the post a few large one's also . I am not asking for help just expressing my "Impressions" of sadness and sorrow for a once great venue of a retail market. 

Yard sale comming this summer. 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

And showing other items on your listings that are cheaper than yours are, Is just crazy!! How is that helping us sell? 😞 

Message 31 of 218
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

So, let me get this straight.  Ebay excluded electronics from the promotion?  The things that are selling like hotcakes everywhere else with promotions?

I am so very confused.  <---sarcasm font, just in case someone tried to explain to me that ebay wants to keep that 10% of ... nothing.

Kind of does make sense if you think about it.  It seems those types of items are selling well here without a coupon.

You only offer one for the slower selling items.

Message 32 of 218
latest reply

I have never sold one thing either on Cyber Monday. I was hoping this year. Still a few hours left.....

Message 33 of 218
latest reply

Pretty simple coupon anything anyone has on their Christmas list they'd like for Chistmas is excluded....

Message 34 of 218
latest reply

It all depends on whether or not you had what buyers are looking for and you had it at a price that beat the competition.

DUH!!

Message 35 of 218
latest reply

I got a ebay message buyers had one of my $100.00 items in the cart said if I lowered it $5.00 they messages the buyers and I'd make a sale. I lowered it to $10.00 shaved off 90 bucks no takers I think they fib about it....

Message 36 of 218
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Why is this ebay's fault?

They cannot force buyers to come here or purchase from you.

Today there is no such thing as buyer loyalty.  They go where they can find what they want for the least money possible.

Obviously they are not finding that here.

Like I posted in another thread I just did all my searches.  I added nothing to my watched list, never mind buy it outright.

I can find it cheaper in the stores by shopping sales and using coupons.

Poor, helpless eBay... yet ecommerce as a whole posted nearly a 25% increase over last year on Black Friday alone.

You'd think eBay might care about this.

Sales are up at least 25% for me...auctions are up and bidders are up this year.

Message 37 of 218
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi @myjunqueyourtreasure! We do have a 10% coupon live right now! Check out the details here Smiley Happy 

A coupon that is good for 4 hours only ?   And buyers know this only if they happen to go to ebay's front page during those 4 hours ?

And 10%? On Cyber Monday? That'll be a big draw . . .

Message 38 of 218
latest reply

@tinstarglassware wrote:

Diamonds are just worthless stones that are not rare at all.  1 caret diamonds would be worth less than a penny if all the diamonds mined in the world were released on the open market. 

The magic of being a monopoly.  I saw a documentary about this many years ago.

I think gold is nearly the same these days.  Gov't can print more money with nothing to back it up?

Message 39 of 218
latest reply

hate that...
Message 40 of 218
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

I too shopped elsewhere.

An email arrived this morning saying that a book site that I frequent was having a one day, site-wide 50% off sale.  Promo code CYBERMONDAY.  50% off everything.  They'd never done anything like that in years past, so I went right over.  It was a very good deal, and I bought several books.

I love books.  Can you name the site?

Message 41 of 218
latest reply

@membersinceaug2001 wrote:

@tinstarglassware wrote:

Diamonds are just worthless stones that are not rare at all.  1 caret diamonds would be worth less than a penny if all the diamonds mined in the world were released on the open market. 

The magic of being a monopoly.  I saw a documentary about this many years ago.

I think gold is nearly the same these days.  Gov't can print more money with nothing to back it up?

All diamonds are not the same.  Much of it is not jewel quality but  for industrial use.

Not all diamonds are high in clarity and color.  Not all rough can produce diamonds over 1 carat in size or cannot be cut into ideal cut and excellent quality stones.

Message 42 of 218
latest reply

Well, I got 2 sales totaling $60

But I spent $290 on a Vitmaix.

Way to go America! Smiley Wink

latest reply

well I believe there was a sight wide 10% off coupon in most categories today to be used by 10pm Pacific time. I say I believe it was sight wide because I caught it scrolling at high speed across my buying accounts store page banner at 9:30 pm Eastern time-- I was on this same account about 25 times today since 8:30am and I did not see it one until about a half hr or so before it ended!

Message 44 of 218
latest reply

And Cameras, Computers and Video game consoles! not that I sell or buy them but... I am left scratching my head???

Message 45 of 218
latest reply