cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CYBER MONDAY? IS EBAY's Day of the Dead?

abeandsable
Scout

Ebay Killed Cyber Monday

Wow, I have read many of the previous post on low sales. Click through rates, Sales conversions, Graphs, Charts, best practices. Suggested Prices ( yes any one will by a Mercede's for a dollar "  I am a small attic seller However this is clearly affecting every seller on Ebay. Lower the price , Take better photo's , Write a better description ,add more product identifiers. Cross Market with Social Media. Offer free returns, Free shipping ,Gaurenteed delivery:

OH Promoted listings ! Were we pay extra to get view's but if you do not have sales conversions for the views ,you will get dropped lower or out of in the search results. so we are actually paying to promote no sales ?

Their new search engine is a gamble and it seems as if we all have lost. 

All this did not matter before Ebay "Fixed" itself only just helped. 

They have "fixed" every small retailer out of the field. From  some of the post a few large one's also . I am not asking for help just expressing my "Impressions" of sadness and sorrow for a once great venue of a retail market. 

Yard sale comming this summer. 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

There are quite a few categories and searches that I watch pretty closely.

It has been dead. Crickets. Nothing new listed. Same ol same ol, stuff that is just in that endless relist cycle. 

No sales or promotions. 

No reason to come here and buy anything.

Do you really think I'm such a glutton for punishment that I would even consider buying my Christmas gifts from here.

I bought Christmas decorations over a week ago, got 1 of them and when I asked, I got this email that he wasn't sure what I was talking about. He should be sending out the rest this week. Parcel Post. I might see it by mid December...... just in time to decorate for Christmas.....

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 2 of 218
latest reply

As a buyer I can tell you from my perspective why it is so slow in the fine diamond jewelry categories.

Just did my search and there is not one thing I was interested in that I would have purchased due to sellers dreaming about the prices they are asking.

Buyers are not stupid or a captive audience.  $9,600 a carat for an I1 clarity diamond.  Who are they kidding.

I can buy most of it cheaper in B&M stores by taking advantage of the sales.

Message 3 of 218
latest reply

I sold an item today. Smiley Happy

Now, where is it? Smiley Very Happy

I had to empty my storage room, which is the mater bedroom, believe it or not,  and piled everything up on the garage. Smiley Tongue

latest reply

Yes Indeed....Today is finaly Cyber Monday...the day that we all have been waiting for.

There is more action at the county morgue unfortunately!

Message 5 of 218
latest reply

Shopping for used organs (serious face)

Message 6 of 218
latest reply

I'm a buyer only, and I was quite disappointed that eBay didn't offer a general discount coupon over this major holiday-shopping weekend. There was one maybe Thursday if you used the app, and there were those discounts from specific sellers that they run quite often, but no maybe 15% across the board for any buyer to use with any seller? What a missed opportunity.

Needless to say, I shopped elsewhere.
Message 7 of 218
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
I'm a buyer only, and I was quite disappointed that eBay didn't offer a general discount coupon over this major holiday-shopping weekend. There was one maybe Thursday if you used the app, and there were those discounts from specific sellers that they run quite often, but no maybe 15% across the board for any buyer to use with any seller? What a missed opportunity.

yup.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 218
latest reply

Last year over the Thanksgiving holiday I sold over $4500. This year. 0.00.  Thanks eBay!

Message 9 of 218
latest reply

Why is this ebay's fault?

They cannot force buyers to come here or purchase from you.

Today there is no such thing as buyer loyalty.  They go where they can find what they want for the least money possible.

Obviously they are not finding that here.

Like I posted in another thread I just did all my searches.  I added nothing to my watched list, never mind buy it outright.

I can find it cheaper in the stores by shopping sales and using coupons.

Message 10 of 218
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Today there is no such thing as buyer loyalty.  They go where they can find what they want for the least money possible.

Like I posted in another thread I just did all my searches.  I added nothing to my watched list, never mind buy it outright.

Well, it is their fault. I know it. I can prove it. I can't do anything about it. Because it doesn't happen to you does not mean that others are experiencing the same thing.  I wouldn't expect it to affect you.

Message 11 of 218
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

@pburn wrote:

yup.

I second that yup.    I'm sitting here with a list that is a mile long of things I need to get ordered by midnight.

Most sites will probably extend their sales but I'm not taking that chance on a few things.

Even stubhub (owned by ebay) sent me an email with 15% off any ticket to anything anywhere.  Definitely using that tonight; so glad I had procrastinated (per usual) on getting good seats for Penn & Teller.

As it happened before, during and after Black Friday, I'm being bombarded with emails offering promotions from every place that has my name on its mailing list and many that don't have it.

Nothing from ebay.   Geez, times must be really tough if ebay can't afford to offer something.  Anything.  

Disclaimer:  Maybe someone got a special offer but I didn't, on 3 different ids/email addresses/ebay messages.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 12 of 218
latest reply

@pauyo_43 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Well, it is their fault. I know it. I can prove it. I can't do anything about it. Because it doesn't happen to you does not mean that others are experiencing the same thing.  I wouldn't expect it to affect you.

why is that?

Message 13 of 218
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Poor, helpless eBay... yet ecommerce as a whole posted nearly a 25% increase over last year on Black Friday alone.

You'd think eBay might care about this.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 14 of 218
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Poor, helpless eBay... yet ecommerce as a whole posted nearly a 25% increase over last year on Black Friday alone.

You'd think eBay might care about this.

Yes, as a whole it was 25% increase.  I am sure the stores selling big TV's, i8 phones and other electronics at slashed prices did extremely well.  Others not having highly wanted items did not.

Same here.  Some sellers did extremely well I am sure.  It all depends on whether or not you had what buyers are looking for and you had it at a price that beat the competition.

Message 15 of 218
latest reply