cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CYBER MONDAY? IS EBAY's Day of the Dead?

abeandsable
Scout

Ebay Killed Cyber Monday

Wow, I have read many of the previous post on low sales. Click through rates, Sales conversions, Graphs, Charts, best practices. Suggested Prices ( yes any one will by a Mercede's for a dollar "  I am a small attic seller However this is clearly affecting every seller on Ebay. Lower the price , Take better photo's , Write a better description ,add more product identifiers. Cross Market with Social Media. Offer free returns, Free shipping ,Gaurenteed delivery:

OH Promoted listings ! Were we pay extra to get view's but if you do not have sales conversions for the views ,you will get dropped lower or out of in the search results. so we are actually paying to promote no sales ?

Their new search engine is a gamble and it seems as if we all have lost. 

All this did not matter before Ebay "Fixed" itself only just helped. 

They have "fixed" every small retailer out of the field. From  some of the post a few large one's also . I am not asking for help just expressing my "Impressions" of sadness and sorrow for a once great venue of a retail market. 

Yard sale comming this summer. 

Message 1 of 218
latest reply
217 REPLIES 217

Had to reply: the bubblespeak is just precious. love it. and how true lolol. Shoots from the hip in all cases. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 211 of 218
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

During the NFL game last night Amazon had 14 commecials over a 3 1/2 hour period ebay had zip. For a company thats selling 13 billion dollars a day you think they could afford just a couple...

Where did you pluck the $13 Billion per day number from?

That would be over 4 TRILLION annually, more than ALL the ecommerce sites worldwide combined (currently at about $500 Billion).

Obviously you are not fluent in bubblespeak.  He's being facetious and using an exaggerated number based on certain people insisting that ebay has billions of sales per day.  

Ya gotta know your players.

With apologies to Prince, I was rushing when I wrote this  and forgot to say my response is in humor font.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 212 of 218
latest reply

No one said you had to discount further.  That is your choice.

But then the buyer is free to purchase from someone who does.

So for those who are not selling well this season, look beyound the over used excuse of "throttling" as the reason why.

Message 213 of 218
latest reply

I'm just trying to get to be like James Cagney  I made it Ma....  Topp Of the World  Ma.... Here on ebay...

Message 214 of 218
latest reply

Dec. is a hard month for me I grant a wish everyday for 31 days for my fellow human beings so sometimes my time gets used up doing something else for a request wish...

Message 215 of 218
latest reply

still denying the throttling are ya.......

Message 216 of 218
latest reply

I couldn’t agree more with this post. eBay has ruined my business to the point where I am seriously thinking about selling up and getting a job. Sales down 45% on last year! Last offer was £850 on an item valued at £1995. I’m always open to offers and will accept if I can. I needed to know whether this item was clicked on through the promation. If it was then I will be charged an extra 12% I had a agreed. That would make it 23% to eBay or, if not clicke do through ad, then the standard 11%. I called eBay and they were unable to tell me if it was or wasn’t. How can I run a business with these greedy clowns running the show. December now and sales are awful! Pasted 3 months, awful but thinking the Christmas period will be different. eBays been ruined for antique dealers.
Message 217 of 218
latest reply

@caninekopz wrote:

still denying the throttling are ya.......

If when a buyer searches gold wedding band and does not get all 100,000 hits.  Yes.  Thankfully.

If you mean that your items are buried within those 100,000 drop shippers.  Probably.

That cassini stinks and you have to type in man's not mans if the seller listed it as the former not the latter.  Been there, so I search both variations.

If you list and ebay makes the listing go poof as it it never existed.  Nope.  It is there, somewhere.  And if you list a common item in a bloated category, then yes, you are buried somewhere, but you are there.

Message 218 of 218
latest reply