cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers ?

Am I the only one dumbfounded by buyers today. Got neutral feedback because I took two days to ship and arrived in 8 and they called that slowest ever!? Was purchased just before midnight the day it was bought. I shipped quickly and am upset since they are upset since no tracking ever. Standard envelope rarely does lately, or is it just me? I am literally scratching my head on this one. Am trying to take a break from eBay am burned out so taking time away almost missed it. 

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Buyers ?

First neutrals don't count against your FB rating.

Second eBay doesn't use FB at all in evaluating member accounts.

Third you can leave a Response to any FB.

"Purchased 1/3/24 . Shipped 2/3/24. Received 10/3/24. "

Which politely and calmly and factually shows the buyer to have issues.

Fourth, don't leave Responses unless they are calm and professional. Or any really.

Also. Your buyer is a weirdo.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

Your reply is fine. I have some real oddball neuts. Don't worry about it - you're gonna meet all kinds working with the public as we do.

Enjoy your time away!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

I ship the same day or the next and packages generally take 5-6 working days to arrive (whether it's Europe, US or Asia). 90% of the time I don't even get feedback, that's how nice buyers are.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

If it were me, I would leave a factual message stating the dates of purchase, ship, acceptance scan by the USPS, and delivery. Now it goes from neutral FB to a marketing promo.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

@reallynicestamps wrote:

First neutrals don't count against your FB rating.

Second eBay doesn't use FB at all in evaluating member accounts.

Third you can leave a Response to any FB.

"Purchased 1/3/24 . Shipped 2/3/24. Received 10/3/24. "

Which politely and calmly and factually shows the buyer to have issues.

Fourth, don't leave Responses unless they are calm and professional. Or any really.

Ooooh, you're one of those guys with the date notation huh. I sincerely hope you are because if you're taking 9 months to get an item to me, the neutral I'll be giving you is the least of your worries.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

@ellenshideout wrote:

Am I the only one dumbfounded by buyers today. 

There are 150 million active buyers on eBay. I try not to generalize. 

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

"I took two days to ship" does not equal  "I shipped quickly " in my book.

You have enough negatives & neutrals I am surprised you are concerned about this one.  Don't worry about it.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

I block buyers like that for ever buying from me again. No need to deal with people like that.  

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

One day really for shipping. Because of time difference it was early am here just before midnight where they are out west.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

Just upset since I was counting down to days until 0 of either. Had been almost 5 months since the one and over 6 months since any of the other. I only ship tuesday and Friday life is super busy and do not drive so do not over burden my driver to places. Work as a teacher and a care taker to elderly parents so quite busy. 3 business days is my set time frame and those dates fall into that time period.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

@reallynicestamps 

"Third you can leave a Response to any FB.

'Purchased 1/3/24 . Shipped 2/3/24. Received 10/3/24.' "

DANG! I wouldn't brag taking a month to send out, then EIGHT MONTHS to receive! Unless you are just using arbitrary dates...

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

Most of the world uses logical dating.

First March 2024/Second March 2024/ Tenth March 2024.

Day Month Year.

The military system is even more logical, but unless hour and minute are needed less understood.

Year Month Day Hour Minute Second

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

February seemed to have been worse than usual for ESE tracking, so hopefully just a blip on the radar and not something worse.  Not sure if weather impacted the tracking or what but I have had to answer a lot more "where's my item" questions, from both just not picking up certain scans to items showing Delivered but then not showing up until 4 or 5 business days later.

In terms of feedback, I wouldn't sweat it.  I buy stuff all the time on Amazon and eBay and barely look at reviews and/or feedback scores.  I dont think a buyer is going to hesitate just because you are a bit below 100% and honestly I think eBay should round the %'s up anyways.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Buyers ?

@luckythewinner 

"150 million active buyers" — I'm sure the redundancy is corporate lingo for "users"

I've seen only 2 buyers so far this month 😉

Message 15 of 36
latest reply