cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Any other sellers out there annoyed that many buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback when it is clearly warranted? I just counted 25 items without positive feedback on recent sales.

It would be nice if ebay would institute a internal automatic positive feedback for good sellers after 30 days if a buyer has yet to leave feedback. Something as simple as "Thanks for being a great ebay seller".... I realize they want to keep sellers pinned down so that they dont have to offer discounts for good sellers, but it is frustrating to do all my DUE DILIGENCE, provide positive feedback for all buyers who then just vanish off ebay after 30 days or so....

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!  Love to hear other sellers opinions on this. Maybe a "Class Action" type request to ebay could implement this type of auto feedback program. Ebay has the $$ and programmers who could create such a program, but doubt it will ever happen.

Good luck on your sales All.

Thanks for readig my FEEDBACK RANT

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Forgot to add that I also buy a ton on eBay and I also have sellers not leaving feedback as well, which is also frustrating 😞 After reading some of these responses I may just say the heck with getting disgruntled with buyer's who do not leave feedback. Good points were brought up we got paid with no issues.. I am going to stop blocking the buyers who do not leave feedback and just leave the feedback even if I may not get it in return hey it gets your name out there. Glad I read the responses. We are making $ its really all that matters would be nice for feedback but we all know we are good sellers eBay hugs great thread learned a lot. Also first time poster thank you everyone
Message 46 of 57
latest reply

Part of this new internet generation is that they want to get warm fuzzy feelings from pixels.

"I have more Facebook friends"

" More feedback is tip top"

" Like us on Failbook "

Smiley, emojis whatever. None of it will pay your bills or change the date you retire on, so just be happy for getting paid and not being scammed or shot full of holes by Isis. For crying out loud, you didn't get enough pixels?

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

Your right glad I found this thread
Message 48 of 57
latest reply

I did reply to my post after reading level headed responses I have changed my tune your right. Others also posted very good points I no longer care. They are buying its helping me lighten a major move. In reality its really all that matters I got it 😉
Message 49 of 57
latest reply

When I woke up friday, I discovered I had to V8 juice. Boy was I mad. I went down to the grocers and all they had was the "spicy hot" kind. I was really beginning to feel that the world was giving me a flogging. I was very unhappy. I'm a bit old to be driving all over, it hurts my back and I'm supposed to avoid bright sunlight. And it's just so crazy hot!  I get to Target  ( a big store, kind of like Magnit ) and there's an 87 year old woman sprawled on the floor with medics around her. Some huge thug gave her a right hook to the eye because she wouldn't let go of her purse. So sick!  I got my V8 juice and just as I get within a kilometer or two of home, there's a minivan on fire in a driveway and the house is starting to catch. Nobody's home! I got my Juice, but was no longer frustrated. It's all perspective I guess. It was strange outing. A lot of people have a lot more to worry about than I do, that's for sure.  Somebody is having a much worse day than any of us, I can guarantee it.

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@luv2shopxo2010

lol  my sales are so slow, That I have no one to leave FB for.

On the bright side... no sales = no ebay fees.

Some sellers say leave FB when the buyer pays... not me.

The sale is not over when they pay.

I wait to see delivery, and then a bit more, so I know they are happy.

Then I batch it out.

When I log into my selling acct. I can see my FB number.

And if it has gone up, then I leave it right quick.

But FB is like that little gold star the teacher puts on your homework.

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

I am at a loss right now lol I swear on my eyes the second I open an item I leave the buyer feedback I am very old school and its so rare I have a not so cool seller. After reading majority of post responses I just changed my tune I guess I should wait until they get the item. I never really worry, I truly only opened up a store to purge our home for a major move and I really sell quality items if there is a flaw I overly note it. But I catch what your saying perhaps I should do that ? But when I buy an item I literally the second same day I have a spare moment leave the seller feedback. When I started eBay yrs ago it was that way so I guess I am old school. How do you join these forums ? I like the responses and advise of more sellers. I wish I found this sooner. Just now need to figure out how to find responses and messages lol thank you for your info 😉
Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@luv2shopxo2010

@luv2shopxo2010 wrote:
I am at a loss right now lol I swear on my eyes the second I open an item I leave the buyer feedback I am very old school and its so rare I have a not so cool seller. After reading majority of post responses I just changed my tune I guess I should wait until they get the item. I never really worry, I truly only opened up a store to purge our home for a major move and I really sell quality items if there is a flaw I overly note it. But I catch what your saying perhaps I should do that ? But when I buy an item I literally the second same day I have a spare moment leave the seller feedback. When I started eBay yrs ago it was that way so I guess I am old school. How do you join these forums ? I like the responses and advise of more sellers. I wish I found this sooner. Just now need to figure out how to find responses and messages lol thank you for your info 😉

You have found us, and now we have you.... you are now one of us.

Up on the right side of the page you will see a little "cow bell"

When it turns red... you have a "helpfull, or a mention" click that.

Now not everybody gives a "help or a mention"

and in that case if you want to follow a post you need to book mark it.

I sell aircraft parts, and often my buyers will buy a part for a project.

and they may not open it for a few weeks.

So I don't get in a hurry about FB.

You are selling in a super saturated cat.

I would use fixed price, and get your free ebay shipping supplies if you have a store.

Just like in the real world, most posters here are good people.

But it's just words on a screen, and inflections, or a tone of voice, or a wink.

Not so much, but if you read here for a bit.... you will get to know us.

I tell goofy stories about dogs,

and some posters are just gruff.

And some seem to have nothing but problems.

I had a bit of a bad run of luck a few years back.

I had a tree limb in my living room, and my ebay shed lost a roof.

I had PM's from people wanting to help me out.

It was nice to know that others here were so good.

( But I can't take that kind of help )

If you want to get to know me...

Top of the page, > groups > special interest > ebay friends.

Then scroll down to "sock monkey daves bar and grill"

( ebay got tired of me writing goofy stories, so my personal mod, said dude open a bar )

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

I couldn't agree more! Although I have 100% positive feedback since 2006, it is disappointing that buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback. I have sold so many amazing items and have received no feedback. When I look closer at these buyers' accounts I have found that nearly all of them do not leave feedback on a regular basis. Others haven't left feedback for more than 6 months, others more than a year ago, and some never! I do feel that after a certain amount of time deemed appropriate by ebay that ebay should give some automatic positive feedback.  It is discouraging not to get feedback. I take so much care to describe appropriately, take numerous photos, send a thank you note with the package, wrap the items carefully and safely, and even upgrade their shipping using the discount given by ebay, and I even add the 10 to 25 cents to ship it priority mail where possible. Still no feedback.  I wish ebay had a system like Uber does where you can't get another Uber until you leave feedback for your last ride. I have been around since the time when you could leave negative feedback for a buyer, and when that changed buyers were empowered, and it seems some could care less about who is on the other side of the transaction. Come on ebay! Make a change for the sellers. Thanks for listening!

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

Wow, I think you read my mind about the replies to this thread! Thanks!
Message 55 of 57
latest reply

Feedback isn't due, it's voluntary.

If Ebay went to automatic positive if no feedback left, buyers will post more negs when they might have just let the matter go, but since they won't want a seller to get an undeserved positive, they will go ahead and post that neg that you might have missed otherwise.

Necro thread.

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 57 of 57
latest reply