cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Any other sellers out there annoyed that many buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback when it is clearly warranted? I just counted 25 items without positive feedback on recent sales.

It would be nice if ebay would institute a internal automatic positive feedback for good sellers after 30 days if a buyer has yet to leave feedback. Something as simple as "Thanks for being a great ebay seller".... I realize they want to keep sellers pinned down so that they dont have to offer discounts for good sellers, but it is frustrating to do all my DUE DILIGENCE, provide positive feedback for all buyers who then just vanish off ebay after 30 days or so....

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!  Love to hear other sellers opinions on this. Maybe a "Class Action" type request to ebay could implement this type of auto feedback program. Ebay has the $$ and programmers who could create such a program, but doubt it will ever happen.

Good luck on your sales All.

Thanks for readig my FEEDBACK RANT

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Thanks. Very true and the biggest issue that the "experts" missed is the fact that sellers receive discounts on everything from postage to posting fees depending on the number of positive feedbacks received. Got to have them, to hit those magical feedback numbers that result in seller discounts.....

A buddy has over 3000 positive feedbacks and his transaction fees are dirt cheap (mine are 10% of sale price)

His listing fees for auctions and second categories are next to nothing and he gets an even bigger discount shipping through ebay.

So is positive feedback when warranted beneficial as a seller. Ummmmmm YEAH!

Be well

Thanks

Message 31 of 57
latest reply

@college2usurplus wrote:

Thanks. Very true and the biggest issue that the "experts" missed is the fact that sellers receive discounts on everything from postage to posting fees depending on the number of positive feedbacks received. Got to have them, to hit those magical feedback numbers that result in seller discounts.....

A buddy has over 3000 positive feedbacks and his transaction fees are dirt cheap (mine are 10% of sale price)

No, they don't. The discounts are based on TRANSACTIONS, not feedback (as you've been told already. I get a TRS+ discount because I have over 100 TRANSACTIONS per year, even though I get less than 100 feedback from buyers every year.

And if your buddy's transaction fees are "dirt cheap" compared to yours, it's because he has a store and sells in one of the low FVF categories. Without a store, your discount is paying 8% instead of 10%, which I wouldn't call "dirt cheap".

You can continue to insist that feedback is critical, but you'll still be wrong. We "experts" know you're wrong, because we're the ones getting the discounts.

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@college2usurplus wrote:

No, they don't. The discounts are based on TRANSACTIONS, not feedback (as you've been told already. I get a TRS+ discount because I have over 100 TRANSACTIONS per year, even though I get less than 100 feedback from buyers every year.

And if your buddy's transaction fees are "dirt cheap" compared to yours, it's because he has a store and sells in one of the low FVF categories. Without a store, your discount is paying 8% instead of 10%, which I wouldn't call "dirt cheap".

You can continue to insist that feedback is critical, but you'll still be wrong. We "experts" know you're wrong, because we're the ones getting the discounts.

Yet so many of us hide behind posting IDs to protect our "meaningless" feedback from malicious vindictiveness.  HMMM!

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

Yet so many of us hide behind posting IDs to protect our "meaningless" feedback from malicious vindictiveness.  HMMM!

We're not protecting our feedback. We're protecting our ability to sell from people who can't handle being wrong about anything.

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@jobs-7 wrote:

We're not protecting our feedback. We're protecting our ability to sell from people who can't handle being wrong about anything.

Why should it even matter as long as you are posting correct information, which this poster is.

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

1) FEEDBACK IS VOLUNTARY 2) You can't FORCE people to leave it, 3) No feedbcak is GOOD feedback, 4) How could you possibly know that "POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS CLEARLY WARRANTED" if you have not received it? Scratching my head??

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

I agree with you but there are some buyers that make a purchase once a year which makes it easy to simple forget,  So I feel ebay should have a "LEAVE FEEDBACK "  pop-up notice when a member signs in for the first 30 days after purchase.

We all like our 100% feedback not only for the large number but because the higher the number then the better the percentage in the event of one of those " NEVER" happy buyers and we all know they are out there,

I hope ebay reads these little community messages and respond to them instead of sending  a message about free shipping and selling my smart phone.

thats my little rant, thanks,  Larry

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

but you cared enough to do all that research
Message 38 of 57
latest reply

feedback is NEVER due. It is always earned. Grow up and stop thinking LAWSUIT to everything you do not and cannot earn for yourself.
Message 39 of 57
latest reply

@needleinahaystack714714 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

@needleinahaystack714714 wrote:

OH... And FB is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.  And once you've picked at the bottom of the chocolate, you can't put it back in the box.... even if it's coconut creme.

Hey now, I like coconut creme.  Smiley Wink

I can't stand it..... If I pop one into my mouth and bite into it... it comes out so fast the chocolate doesn't have time to melt.

That way you can stick it back in the box!!

@blackcougar6point9 wrote:

I agree with you but there are some buyers that make a purchase once a year which makes it easy to simple forget,  So I feel ebay should have a "LEAVE FEEDBACK "  pop-up notice when a member signs in for the first 30 days after purchase.

Ebay already sends a notice about 3 weeks after the transaction, which is a poor idea, especially when it's coupled with a 'Have a problem? Start a return here'.

The outcome is usually never good.

What was the thread the other day where the buyer seemed miffed at just that very thing?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 42 of 57
latest reply

I 100% agree I am about to leave eBay I have sold way over 100 quality items and seriously 20 people left feedback I have stopped leaving feedback for buyers until they leave it for me if they do not leave it in 30 days I block them from buying from me again. I did mention the same point you brought us numerous times with eBay. This was never a problem in the past now they buy happily run around with items take our buyer feedback & could careless about giving a good seller a few seconds to even say thank you. I am as frustrated as you are xo
Message 43 of 57
latest reply

Feedback doesn't mean a thing anyway.

Why do people get so worked up over it? As long as you get paid and the transaction went well, there are things that actually matter to focus on.

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

" if they do not leave it in 30 days I block them from buying from me again."

Seriously???

Guess I must do things differently...I'm here to sell.

Why are people so obsessed with feedback?

Why do they NOT understand the meaning of VOLUNTARY?

smh...smh...smh...smh...smh

Message 45 of 57
latest reply