cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reason It Should be This Slow.

In our main product line on eBay, we have great Google presence, but only through Pinterest links. We offer more of this stuff than anyone on eBay, but we don't show up in eBay search or through any eBay links on Google. This is really not cool at all. Six months it's been like this. Gimme a break already eBay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@cyberontix wrote:

In our main product line on eBay, we have great Google presence, but only through Pinterest links. We offer more of this stuff than anyone on eBay, but we don't show up in eBay search or through any eBay links on Google. This is really not cool at all. Six months it's been like this.

When you say "we don't show up in ebay search", can you give a specific example of a search (i.e. what search terms and what sort order) and the item number for an item that you think is missing from thoset search results?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

Thanks for asking. Our main line is still sealed Bakugan (not opened or used). We have more of that stuff than any other seller on earth by a factor of three. On my phone or using Best Match, we don't even crack the top 30 of an eBay search for "sealed Bakugan." A search on that term on Google is just hopelessly hilarious; we just aren't there at all on any eBay links.  Pinterest, we're top 3, and we programmed those links to point to a list of our products on eBay. 

We've simply been pushed way down for no reason at all. Maybe it's because we had a couple of returns, which we always settle immediately in order to stay in good standing with eBay's idiotic search engine. Fat lot of good, that.

Getting near holiday crunch time and we literally can't buy exposure in eBay search -- Promoted Listings have done jack. 

Very frustrating. Man do I miss the old days, when Chinese trash was kept out of US core.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I was able to find your listings (Best Match) using the search terms "Bakugan" (none of the listings I looked at had "sealed" in the title).

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I was able to find your listings (Best Match) using the search terms "Bakugan" (none of the listings I looked at had "sealed" in the title).

Thanks. Was that using a phone or a laptop/PC/tablet? Just wondering.

Also, this would be with default search, no setting other than "Best Match."

Thank you!

Eric

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I use Chrome and I found your Bakugan Battle Brawlers Gray FEAR RIPPER Toy Haos Series 2
in ebay search
I used EXACT wording...no idea if that Cassini jerk looks at partial wordings
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@cyberontix wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Thanks. Was that using a phone or a laptop/PC/tablet? Just wondering.

Also, this would be with default search, no setting other than "Best Match."

Thank you!

Eric

Desktop, default search, no refinements.........

FYI - I didn't click on your listings so it I didn't help your views/impressions ratio and thus you will fall further down in BM.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@cyberontix wrote:

Thanks for asking. Our main line is still sealed Bakugan (not opened or used). We have more of that stuff than any other seller on earth by a factor of three. On my phone or using Best Match, we don't even crack the top 30 of an eBay search for "sealed Bakugan."

'sealed bakugon' returns almost 650 listings.

In a search by Lowest Price, yours start appearing in the top 25 for me.

In a search by Best Match, yours start appear in the top 100 for me.

So after asking for details, you r story has not changed from "we don't show up in ebay search" to simply "we are unhappy we are not in the top 5%"

That is an entirely different issue. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

OP's item is very niche.

Not something that may sell well during the Christmas season.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply