cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Any other sellers out there annoyed that many buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback when it is clearly warranted? I just counted 25 items without positive feedback on recent sales.

It would be nice if ebay would institute a internal automatic positive feedback for good sellers after 30 days if a buyer has yet to leave feedback. Something as simple as "Thanks for being a great ebay seller".... I realize they want to keep sellers pinned down so that they dont have to offer discounts for good sellers, but it is frustrating to do all my DUE DILIGENCE, provide positive feedback for all buyers who then just vanish off ebay after 30 days or so....

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!  Love to hear other sellers opinions on this. Maybe a "Class Action" type request to ebay could implement this type of auto feedback program. Ebay has the $$ and programmers who could create such a program, but doubt it will ever happen.

Good luck on your sales All.

Thanks for readig my FEEDBACK RANT

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback when it is clearly due FRUSTRATION!!!!!

@college2usurplus wrote:

Any other sellers out there annoyed that many buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback when it is clearly warranted? I just counted 25 items without positive feedback on recent sales.

It would be nice if ebay would institute a internal automatic positive feedback for good sellers after 30 days if a buyer has yet to leave feedback. Something as simple as "Thanks for being a great ebay seller".... I realize they want to keep sellers pinned down so that they dont have to offer discounts for good sellers, but it is frustrating to do all my DUE DILIGENCE, provide positive feedback for all buyers who then just vanish off ebay after 30 days or so....

VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!  Love to hear other sellers opinions on this. Maybe a "Class Action" type request to ebay could implement this type of auto feedback program. Ebay has the $$ and programmers who could create such a program, but doubt it will ever happen.

Good luck on your sales All.

Thanks for readig my FEEDBACK RANT

Doing Your Due diligence

Due diligence has been used since at least the mid-fifteenth century in the literal sense “requisite effort.” Centuries later, the phrase developed a legal meaning, namely, “the care that a reasonable person takes to avoid harm to other persons or their property”; in this sense, it is synonymous with another legal term, ordinary care. More recently, due diligence has extended its reach into business contexts, signifying the research a company performs before engaging in a financial transaction. This meaning may also apply to individuals: people are often advised to perform their due diligence before buying a house, signing a loan, or making any important purchase.

I LOVE the words DUE DILIGENCE, simply because they are so expressive... In the context the OP used them in, it would mean that you put the proper amount of time and effort into leaving the buyer FB.  I too do my due diligence into leave both buyer and seller FB.  

For buyers, I automatically leave them that same little message you find at the bottom of every grocery store receipt.... Thanks for you purchase, please come again.  The grocery store leaves the same message to every buyer regardless of whether the buyer just switched price tags, brought back expired stuff they bought last year for an exchange, etc.  Each buyer gets the same message, and I have not intentions of putting any more effort into it than that.

For sellers, unless the transaction of EXTREMELY notable (good or bad), I wait for the purchases to pile up for a while and then I copy and paste almost the same comment for each and every seller I've bought from.  I have not intentions of opening a package and running right into my computer so that I can give some FB obsessed person their jollies for the day.  I just don't care enough to do so.

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

OP,

As you've no doubt found out by now, sharing your concerns here on this "help" board opens you up to a whole lot of scorn and ridicule by some of the "experts" here.  I actually sympathize with you. Wanna know why?  Because had you come here having been scammed out of the newest I-Phone or laptop, these same "experts" would advise you to not sell those items here until you have more feedback.  A well-respected poster here advises to only post something worth the dollar amount of your feedback.  So, while many "experts" here will tell you feedback isn't important, the truth is to those just beginning, it actually is, and I can certainly understand your frustration. 

Unfortunately, there is no good way to go about receiving feedback except to continue providing the same excellent service you have.  Don't ask for it, because as you've seen right here on this very thread, there are some nasty people who will leave you a negative just for asking, even though you've done absolutely nothing wrong.  Awful, I know.  

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

college....

\

Good  Grief!   While  I  cetainly  not  agree  that  Positive  Feedback   should  be automatic  (Smiley Surprised)   I  do  feel    that many   of  the  Replies  you  hve  received  so  far   have   been  unrealistic  and  illogical

COLLEGE While  I  do    not   agree  that  Feedback  should  be  automatic---I  certainlly    do  not  agree  that  you   do  not  need  any  more

more   Positive  Feedback  than  you  have  received     than  you  have  now.     ALL   new  sellers  need  a  CUSHION   of  Positives  to  protect  themselves  against  the occasional  bad  buyer. 

Right now  your  Overall  Feedback  Score  could  be  adversely  affected  by   just  ONE  Negative--from  ONE   bad  buyer.  ---because  you  have  only  43  Positives  on  your  record.   I   think  sellers  need  a  cushion  of  at least  200 Positives--before  they  can  start  to   relax. 

I  cannot imagine  why  any  experienced  Seller  would  say  otherwise. Smiley Frustrated

Unfortuately  this will  be  a  hard goal  to    attain.  Because so  many  buyers  who  have  joined  within  the past  ten   years  have  no  idea  what  Ebay  is.  They  think   they   are  buying  from   a  large  Company  named  Ebay.    They don't  know  they  are  buyng  from specific  people working  from  their  own  homes.

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

So, while many "experts" here will tell you feedback isn't important, the truth is to those just beginning, it actually is, and I can certainly understand your frustration. 

Unfortunately, there is no good way to go about receiving feedback except to continue providing the same excellent service you have.  Don't ask for it, because as you've seen right here on this very thread, there are some nasty people who will leave you a negative just for asking, even though you've done absolutely nothing wrong.  Awful, I know.

So you have basically replied the same way as everyone else here.

Sellers are between a rock and a hard place, but the lesser of 2 evils is not to poke the bear of successful sales that may or may not bring in future ones.

Because if they do neg you then that will do even more damage to your selling future.

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

Feedback made sense when eBay was a club for people to sell PEZ dispensers, Beanie Babies and broken laser pointers.  As it morphed into an eCommerce site, it became less and less valuable and certainly not a high priority for buyers. 

Message 20 of 57
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

OP,

As you've no doubt found out by now, sharing your concerns here on this "help" board opens you up to a whole lot of scorn and ridicule by some of the "experts" here.  I actually sympathize with you. Wanna know why?  Because had you come here having been scammed out of the newest I-Phone or laptop, these same "experts" would advise you to not sell those items here until you have more feedback.  A well-respected poster here advises to only post something worth the dollar amount of your feedback.  So, while many "experts" here will tell you feedback isn't important, the truth is to those just beginning, it actually is, and I can certainly understand your frustration. 

@jobs-7

While I would probably not leave a seller asking for FB a negative, I have seen it done.  And I certainly would consider leaving a seller the FB they deserved if they failed to respect my decision to not leave a less than favorable FB by repeated requests.  Sometimes no news is good news.  

There are MANY buyers who do not leave FB when they are less than pleased by the transaction, do you really think that would be a wise move to paint them into a corner?  Like I said, I would be inclined to give out a lot more negative and neutrals if I knew that by obstaining, the seller would get an automatic positive.

As a seller, I don't really care about getting another little green donut, I care about giving my buyers the best service possible.  I admit that it probably was important when I first started selling, but even in my days as a new seller, I knew enough not to poke the bear.  I don't LIKE being asked for FB.  The transaction is finished.... You got your money and I got my widget... Leave it at that.  Don't datamine my email for promos unless i give you permission, and don't ask me for FB.

I have a website with 10s of thousands of transactions, and do you know how many "FB" I have on it???  ZERO.  I know my buyers like my items because I have a very good buyer return rate... They must like the items if they keep coming back for more.  That's the important FB... How many of your buyers come back to buy again... On eBay, my number is 25%... Now THAT'S important.

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

@needleinahaystack714714 wrote:

OH... And FB is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.  And once you've picked at the bottom of the chocolate, you can't put it back in the box.... even if it's coconut creme.

Hey now, I like coconut creme.  Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

@college2usurplus wrote:

Any other sellers out there annoyed that many buyers do not take the time to leave positive feedback

OP, 

Absolutely not. Feedback is meaningless, therefore I do not give it a second thought. 

Lucky

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

college, I'll sell you some feedback cheap.  How many do you wnat?  I think I have 700 and some, you can have up to 700.  Buck a piece?  

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about it either op. I do understand your frustration also. It used to be that I'd get feedback on about 80% of all items sold - things have changed and now the last few years, I'm lucky to get 15%

I do think you should count your lucky stars you have the type of inventory you do to offer. I love selling to  people that are looking for precision optical microscope lenses/adaptors etc. They're not a rip off high risk group of buyers and very appreciative of quality equipment described accurately. 

There are several quality blog sites out there for people that may need/work with this type of equipment with some very active participation. I would suggest you join their sites and participate in the blogs if you haven't already done so. This will do far more to market your items than random feedback left here.:) You've got some big boys listed and you need to hook up with people at schools and labs that can pass the word.   Best of luck with your efforts!

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

Oooh!  Good job of talking down what was the backbone of this place and would probably still fall apart without it.  We need a new badge for this:)

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

IMHO if your worst problem is not getting enough feedback you are doing OK.

I don't think more than 25% of our buyers leave feedback these days.  Do't know why not.

it looks like we haven't sold as much as we have.  I think some buyers definitely tend to trust big volume sellers more than small volume sellers. 

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

Personally, I couldn't possibly care less about any more buyer or seller feedback.  Buyer feedback is full of empty platitudes or false positives and seller feedback may or may not represent exactly what kind of seller you're dealing with.

The only thing I care about is having less stuff and more money.

Joe

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@needleinahaystack714714 wrote:

OH... And FB is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.  And once you've picked at the bottom of the chocolate, you can't put it back in the box.... even if it's coconut creme.

Hey now, I like coconut creme.  Smiley Wink

I can't stand it..... If I pop one into my mouth and bite into it... it comes out so fast the chocolate doesn't have time to melt.

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

People who shop on mobile phones are not going to leave feedback, all they want to do is press the buy button and get their order.

Wake up people, this is why feedback is not left, not every buyer is a eBay junkie that spends 24/7 on eBay on a PC.

Message 30 of 57
latest reply