cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers cancelling again and again!! Ebay does nothing!!

I have had three cancellations or no paymnet intended after these auctions have closed in the last week.  I am depending on the amounts that I have sold these for which are $3000, $400, and $300.  It is way too easy for these buyers to say sorry i am not paying and have zero ramifications, while I have to relist and wait another 10 days for some money.  I am paying a ridiculous 13.5% fee to ebay for what?  Absolute joke.  I then called ebay and the lady hung up on me for asking this same question.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Buyers cancelling again and again!! Ebay does nothing!!

Simple fix. Stricter rules for sellers who purchase on ebay. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Have you tried any second chance offers since you are getting multiple bids?  I don't know if card people are opposed to that, but it's just a thought.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Just list as fixed price /  buy it now set to require payment right away.   That solves that issue.  Also, most buyers don't want to wait for auctions to end and tend to shop the BIN listings anyway.

Non paying bidders have been a problem from the start.  You do have your account set to block bidders with two or more nonpayment strikes?

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

It greatly depends on the category. In some categories buyers prefer auctions. And blocking bidders with unpaid strikes doesn't have any effect when it's someone who creates a new user ID for the purpose.  

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Actually, it would be two nonpayment strikes in the last 12 months.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

FYI to those who posted here claiming using Buy Now with Immediate pay is solution to the Buyer cancellation problem. Sorry, it's NOT!!  I sell few and far between, use BUY Now Immediate pay required and have buyers request to cancel just minutes after making a purchase, all the time! Of course, they also LIE when selecting the reason! I've been selling here since 1997 (other ID) and had pretty much never received a cancellation request with well over 10,000 transactions. Now I'm experiencing them regularly when I list very little. Ebay is attracting the wrong type of buyer. It's hard enough just to get sales here, and then to see an immediate cancel makes it worse.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Yep, the deadbeat bidders are on here in droves. The only way to control that to some extent with these auctions is to make the buyer provide credit card info at the start of the auction. It would most likely reduce the number of deadbeats. They are doing this now with the Best Offer LISTINGS AND TESTING THIS.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

May not be so much that "eBay is attracting the wrong type of buyer" as it is that eBay is so graciously showing a buyer that has just paid more similar items that they may have not seen in case they want to buy another right "after" they pay.

Sometimes those item now shown ...................................cost less.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Oh I get that. I regularly have customers buy things and then return them some for no really good reason. Recent one was an over 400 buck transaction. Reason, ordered it by mistake. This was purchased by this buyer about a week ago. We have ten thousands photos of these listings, LOL! EVERY detail, everything described, item specifics through the  roof and “oh ordered by mistake, also excuse was, Did not work for me in what I was seeking, which is a bunch of baloney for remorse. I get close to 8 to ten grand of returns on here for any reason some like this mainly remorse.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

No, there are sometimes sought after items for sale as bids. They attract people who are highly competitive against each other and they will at times up the anty to make sure their other bidder does not acquire that item, all the while not intending to pay. This happens with more sought after item auctions frequently, not just here either. They WANT the seller to relist, so they have a better chance next time to win the item.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

AND, this causes the seller to loose the good bidders they have that will pay. Send a second chance offer to those bidders I quess that’s the way it works, not sure.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

RIGHT, there are virtually no consequence because they do that. Start another account. I think ebay needs to keep better track of the identity of these people who continue to open accounts after they have been closed. With technology. AI and all that is avail, it should be easier to track deadbeats, whether they are bidders or regular deadbeat buy it now.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@traiden-megan wrote:

Why is ebay hanging up on me for trying to contact them for answers?  I was very calm and was just curious as to the procedures.  

Bad manners, poor employee supervision ?

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I was replying to the post about BIN with immediate payment

Message 30 of 30
latest reply