cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t BID the item I wanted

When I’m bidding I wanted it, this error tells me Unfortunately, you cannot make offers or place bids due to a history of unpaid items on eBay.

Please go to your Purchases in My eBay to complete any pending payments so you can continue making offers and placing bids.

You may also search for other items with the Buy It Now option and pay to complete your purchase.  
What happen? I can’t buy it?  I check my purchases and I don’t see nothing. 

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

No, you cannot buy that item.  You have been blocked by an option that sellers can set up in their Site Preferences, to block bidders/buyers who have too many unpaid items in their purchase history.  Apparently you have made a habit of winning auctions and backing out of paying for them?

The message part about "Please go to your purchases" makes no sense because once you have an unpaid item strike, it cannot be reversed, though paying for current purchases will help get the restriction removed eventually  (it's based on activity in the past 12 months).

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

You have unpaid items and have been blocked buy seller requirements .

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

Buyers with two (or more) Unpaid Item strikes can be blocked by any seller with the tick of a box. You got ticked.

Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Each unpaid strike drops off after 12 months. 

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

The sellers do not want to deal with you because you have a history of not paying for items. Every time you fail to pay for an item, you get a strike against your account. A seller can  set their account to not accept bids from anyone with x amount of strikes in y amount of months.

The lowest figure a seller can select for x =2. The highest figure for y =12. So, some sellers (me included) will set it at those settings. Which means 2 or more strikes in 12 months, not allow to bid on our items. 

Message 6 of 73
latest reply

But I don’t have any purchases, I Cancelled the items because the price is not worth it! How do I fix this, should I wait until they block me? Or create a new account? I don’t have any purchases btw. 

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

Exactly how did you cancel? You would have had to ask the seller to cancel and he would have had to agree to accommodate your request.  If all you did was decide not to pay, and you thought that meant you were no longer obligated, you were wrong.

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

Buyers cannot cancel items. A new account would receive the same message. Thank goodness.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 73
latest reply

Oh wow! This is stupid on Ebay does, how can I fix this? Please respond because I need an item that I want to buy so bad! 

EDIT: Never Mind It wasn't stupid, but I'm still I'm disappointing that I cannot buy an item that I wanted.

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

This is stupid bruh! How can fix this? Create an account!? This is not a social media app! 

EDIT: Never mind It sure works, but still I'm disappointment I can't BID anymore.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a wrote:

But I don’t have any purchases, I Cancelled the items because the price is not worth it! How do I fix this, should I wait until they block me? Or create a new account? I don’t have any purchases btw. 

If the price wasn't "worth it," then why did you bid/buy in the first place?  

When a buyer backs out of a transaction that is a big inconvenience for a seller.  I agree with the above suspicion that sellers responded to your requests for cancellation by canceling based on "Buyer hasn't paid."

You can't fix it; eventually the nonpayment strikes will roll off and you will escape from this restriction. Meanwhile, you have to find sellers who don't use the buyer block option, and be sure to pay for all of your purchases.  

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Because I didn’t mean to, I tried to cancelled the bid or not trying to be higher bid. How do I do that?  “You can't fix it; eventually the nonpayment strikes will roll off and you will escape from this restriction. Meanwhile, you have to find sellers who don't use the buyer block option” 

How can I do that? How can find that? 

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@martin_aguilar_a wrote:

Because I didn’t mean to, I tried to cancelled the bid or not trying to be higher bid. How do I do that?  ...

Learn how to use your Watch list, and then only bid/buy when you're absolutely sure that you want the item and that the price is acceptable to you.

@martin_aguilar_a wrote: .... Meanwhile, you have to find sellers who don't use the buyer block option” 

How can I do that? How can find that? 

I don't know of any way to know in advance whether a seller has set up their buyer requirements to block bidders/buyers who have too many nonpayment strikes.  I think you have to just try it out, to see whether you can get through. I do know that if a seller has set it up, it will apply to all of their listings; it's not one of the item-by-item options.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

Can new account works?

Message 15 of 73
latest reply