cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer won’t return help

I recently purchased a $2000 drone on eBay and decided to sell it 30 days later a buyer purchased it my return policy was 14 days on the 28th day the buyer filed to return the item I received an email on the 16th from eBay saying to work it out with the buyer to return the item and if I don’t respond by the 21st they will issue the buyer a full refund and let him keep my drone as well so that same day the 16th I asked eBay to step in and help and filed an appeal I then was told wait 48 hours for eBay’s decision on the 23rd eBay email saying case closed appeal denied and a full refund issued to buyer without return of my item they tell me to communicate with buyer I send him return shipping several emails and he will not respond and eBay won’t step in and help because they said I didn’t respond to the return request but I did respond by appealing that decision I have sent several emails asking for help I’m at a loss this is not right I can’t just be out $2000 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Buyer won’t return help

Not accepting returns = giving your item away for free. Odds are the buyer would have returned a bag of rocks and still gotten a refund since everything is automated and as soon as tracking shows delivered they will automatically refund the buyer anyway.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

eBay's MBG gives the buyer 30 days to file a return request.  They want you to resolve it with the buyer, which is to accept the return and provide a return label  and refund when it's  been returned or refund in full  and let them keep the item.  eBay warned you to if you didn't resolve it by the 21st eBay's resolution would be to refund and let them keep it. What about that did you not understand?

Asking eBay to step in was a mistake. eBay is never going to tell a buyer sorry no refund. eBay's resolution is to refund the buyer. They gave you the chance to do that without involving eBay.  And you got a defect for a case that was unesolved by the seller.  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

First rule of e bay Fight Club is to NEVER EVER NEVER sell something you cannot afford to give away.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

As others noted at this point you are going to get no help from eBay this is over and done in their opinion. You failed to respond to the return request from the buyer.  About the only thing you can do is file a police report with the police in the buyers city of residence. Since I do not see the item you describe anywhere in your sold listings I am assuming you sold this from another account. 

First rule of being a seller on eBay is to never list anything you are not prepared to take the financial loss on. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

Asking eBay to help instead of accepting the return sealed your fate. The only thing you can do now is sue the recipient in court. The only problem is you have to file the case where the buyer lives. Maybe you will end up on a court tv show, like People's Court or Judge Judy. I have noticed the seller usually wins on those eBay cases that show up on the court tv shows.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

@alwayz-75 wrote:

I asked eBay to step in and help and filed an appeal I then was told wait 48 hours for eBay’s decision

That's when you lost the item and payment.

You should have accepted the return and provided return shipping and you would have gotten it back before refunding.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

I disagree with the suggestion that you go to court with the buyer.  He did nothing wrong, he followed the ru!es, you didn't.  You wouldn't t have a valid case.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

@myboardid wrote:

I disagree with the suggestion that you go to court with the buyer.  He did nothing wrong, he followed the ru!es, you didn't.  You wouldn't t have a valid case.

The buyer may have done nothing wrong as per the eBay ''courts ruling'' - however they now have a drone in their possession that they have not paid for - that is theft which ever way you look at it.

I would most definitely go to small claims court - you have the buyers name and address and proof of all that happened.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

What reason was used by your buyer for the return that was filed?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

No, they did pay for it. They also requested a return.  They were given a refund before they were able to go through any return process.  They didn't ask for the refund and they had no way of refusing it.  They have no legal obligation to return the drone  

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

Our opinions differ, thanks for posting.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

I have sent several emails asking for help I’m at a loss this is not right I can’t just be out $2000...

If you bought the drone for $1.00, then it wouldn't be much of an issue.  Reselling your capital costs from negative to null is your issue here.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

On Judge Judy, the buyer always loses when they keep an item they got a refund for. Plus, they get slapped around by Judge Judy for being a jerk by keeping something they didn't pay for. Just because it is eBay's policy, doesn't mean it is legal in a court of law not to return something.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Buyer won’t return help

Ebay is no place for ethics....Well, unless you're the seller. Then you have to walk on a very narrow line. What your buyer is doing is certainly lacking of ethics, but as previously mentioned, they technically did nothing wrong to get to the position they are in right now. eBay took any control you may have one time had, and obliterated it. They became judge and jury and awarded your buyer the spoils. Your problem was, you stayed in the ~how could they do this to me~, processing-it-all mode for far too long, instead of taking control of the situation and offering the return, yourself. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply