cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sends a physical threat?

IMG_1536.jpeg

 how do I approach this? 
item is at usps and hasn’t shipped out yet.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer sends a physical threat?

@fruitsandveggies75 wrote:

replying to the only response I’ve seen that wasn’t critical 🫣

Thanks for all the answers. Honestly in the end I don’t mind sending partial refunds as a first step in attempt to save reviews, just something I personally don’t mind spending money on. 

I think the decision I’ve made just cause I tend to be on the more cautious end especially since this is my first dealing, is to refund minus shipping, and pay usps their $17 to intercept it and send it back to me. 
Guess my last question is does that screw me over with eBay and open me up to them opening a case for demanding their shipping money back or what?

thanks again. 

If you'll notice, nobody is trying to address the part where you still have a question.  Normally I'd call that rude but in this case what you need to understand is you haven't provided enough information.  I see you know how to do screenshots, so how about one showing the USPS tracking progress?  So much of this situation depends on whether the package even got an acceptance scan, and how many days have progressed.  The date of the sale would be helpful too.  

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

final update. Talked with support on the phone, they’ve been informed. 

Buyer got a full refund as directed by support. 
Didn’t mind paying to intercept it back to me as precaution. 
Lesson learned.

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

You have initiated an "intercept". They are not always successful.

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have initiated an "intercept". They are not always successful.

Yup.  That's part of why I was asking for tracking screenshots (msg #31). I've heard of them failing numous times, ESPECIALLY when there've been no recent scans so they have no idea where the package actually is.  Could have been in the buyer's mailman's truck already.  I wonder if they even refund the $17 if they deliver the item instead of intercepting it.   Also who knows if the phone CSR explained anything about whether this will be a defect, whether the buyer can leave feedback, whether it would be removed, etc. 

It's frustrating when someone posts a question here, doesn't answer repliers requesting more information, then does whatever they were inclined to do anyway.  And when that inclination is getting "help" from eBay customer service ......  oof.  

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

@asset_liquidators wrote:

Am I the only one that is wondering why there are text messages back and forth and not eBay messages? Was this even an eBay transaction? Why are you texting each other instead of using the eBay messaging system?

That aside, I would recall that package and issue a refund. This buyer will undoubtedly try to get a refund and keep the item anyway so you might as well get it back, refund their payment, and be done with them.

Don'tcha know? eBay updated their messaging system to be like texting. So when a buyer texts me 10 times to say a few words each time, I get 10 emails! (yes, exclamation point)

I reverted back to the old system of writing a message and pushing enter doesn't automatically send it, but on my phone, the messaging looks like texting.

C.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

USPS has been having some difficulties lately BUT that does not mean that a buyer can ABUSE you for it. Totally out of Hans. This is one of those buyers I would report AND no WAY would I rewards their temper tantrum with a partial. RECALL the package.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

This buyer is an absolutely snot. I cannot imagine doing that to someone on here.

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

Supposedly the $17 is only "paid" if the package is actually intercepted. I have no personal experience with it.

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

Yep, that $17 is charges only if an intercept is successful.  I've done it a couple of times - both during the mess of Christmas 2020.  I had given refunds on both for such long delays and seemingly no movement.  One successful, one wasn't.  

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

Oh I did not know that. I have never used the app. I know when I use the eBay messaging when on my phone it looks different than on my computer but it doesn't look anything like that (I just have the eBay link set as one of my favorites in Safari. 

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

No worries, eBay will handle this buyer with a full refund and let him keep the merch when it's delivered and then he'll leave you a negative feedback which they won't remove. Par for the course.

Facts...it's like you can see into the future.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

I use an exclamation point for emphasis, not necessarily for turning up the volume.

I gather OP was using it to indicate sincerity.

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about it, btw?

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

@adamcartwright wrote:

I use an exclamation point for emphasis, not necessarily for turning up the volume.

I gather OP was using it to indicate sincerity.

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about it, btw?

Yea a few episodes about it, haha. One with that guy’s book Elaine was reading and another with the “Top of the muffin to you!” store.

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

195829-Terry-Pratchett-Quote-And-all-those-exclamation-marks-you-notice-1.jpg

Not to be off topic or anything.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

Your first issue was saying "I" making it personal. You opened yourself up a little there. Say, "Thank you for reaching out regarding the carrier delay. Your order dispatched on time, within the 3 business days(Monday-Friday) handling on the item listing. We see that USPS delayed your package. We have issued you a partial refund for the delay caused by carrier.  Have a great day."

I too live in a rural area where USPS causes delays. They blame the internet on not getting pickup requests. I have to personally contact the route driver via text every time to make sure he comes. And sometimes he's out, and no one comes. 

After receiving that response back, "Your language and threats are unacceptable and have been reported to eBay, our local authorities. We will no longer be able to communicate with you. You are blocked from purchasing from us."

I wouldn't send this, but I would type this into word document.

"You are a disgusting, unworthy individual of being allowed to purchase on eBay. May you rot in **** and ease the people of earth of your behavior. If you come to my home I will ***** you to space with my **** and call it self-defense cause out here, us inbreds don't take kindly to strangers" 

Message 45 of 52
latest reply