cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sends a physical threat?

IMG_1536.jpeg

 how do I approach this? 
item is at usps and hasn’t shipped out yet.

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

@fruitsandveggies75 wrote:

Didn’t mind paying to intercept it back to me as precaution. 

@gurlcat wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

You have initiated an "intercept". They are not always successful.

I wonder if they even refund the $17 if they deliver the item instead of intercepting it.   

When one initiates an intercept, they aren't charged unless the intercept is successful. 

I've only tried it once. I didn't get charged because the package ended up getting delivered.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 46 of 68
latest reply

I've thought it would be a good idea to refer to "us" and "we" rather than "I" and "me" but I always forget, ha.  

I love the expletive-laced word document idea.  

Message 47 of 68
latest reply

Right no pay unless intercepted.

Message 48 of 68
latest reply

If I get a seriously late package and the buyer is being a complete idiot like this I will not take the chance on my items to be refunded by ebay when they file INAD. IF THEY FILE INAD with no movement for a certain period of time the buyer can get a refund AND then keep the merch when it arrives.

Message 49 of 68
latest reply

Don't you mean INR?

Message 50 of 68
latest reply

I'm going to lean towards the buyer is a scammer. 

What does their profile look like?  How long as a member, all feedback categories, and their actual location look like?

Is it stuck at the post office because they won't pick it up / sign for it? Could it actually be at a freight forwarder? 

As others have said, stop communicating with the buyer unless there is an open case. 

Buyer does not have the sellers address just yet because they don't have the package. 

For the buyer. They really screwed up. The seller and eBay have their address right now to file reports!!!!

Message 51 of 68
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

I also don't suggest that the OP issue a partial refund, at least not yet! We have no idea when @fruitsandveggies75 shipped the item nor what the estimated delivery date is.  As most of us know, it's not uncommon for packages to go days without scans, often not showing movement until delivery. 

@fruitsandveggies75 

When was the item sold? 

What date was it shipped? 

What is the estimated delivery date shown on the order? 

We still haven't received answers to the questions I asked nearly a full day ago. I'd also lean toward the buyer being a scammer if the messages came within hours or a day of purchase. 

However if it's in reference to the $500 jacket that was sold on April 7, there should have been some movement by now.

@fruitsandveggies75 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 52 of 68
latest reply

I have just filed a police report on a crazy buyer who lives near me and wants to show up. eBay is aware and does zip. The threatening messages continue. Worse than Facebook

Message 53 of 68
latest reply

It looks as if you have been texting with the customer. Stay away from text and just go thru the eBay message system when communicating with a buyer. Ebay from their offices can see everything that's said between you and the buyer then. They have the abilities to see all of them. Then its considered breaking ebay's policies to use their system to threaten. Ebay takes this very seriously as in the event of something bad happening, the last thing they would want is the media exposure. 

Message 54 of 68
latest reply

Put all those texts into a single eBay Message as a recap of what has been said.

EBay can't actually use it, even if you add them as a screenshot, but when/if a human being looks at the texts, they may be influenced. (Like sending the jury out of the room while a witness is being reamed out by the judge. The jury is not going to ignore that even if they are supposed to.)

And add the police report number to the eBay Report, if you haven't already.

You might also want to file a police report in his town as well as your own if they have different forces.

FWIW- I don't do Local Pickup, but I have suggested to a couple of people who were insistent that the most convenient time and place for me would be at my church in the Fellowship Room after Sunday Service. I even let them know about the lemon squares and nanaimo bars the Women's Auxiliary serves. Somehow they chose the postal service instead.

Message 55 of 68
latest reply

Really???  I see 'lemon bars' = I'm THERE.   

Message 56 of 68
latest reply

I just read through this whole post....did anyone remember that one can report inappropriate messages RIGHT ON THE MESSAGE PAGE UNDER THE ACTION TAB?   I would certainly do this.  Maybe it is landing on a "bots" desk now, but I would still give it a try. 

Message 57 of 68
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

Internet tough guys are a dime a dozen.

You are more likely to flap your arms and fly to the moon than you are to get a visit.

No actually, while I do agree that someone physically showing up would be rare indeed, I can also believe it could happen.

Message 58 of 68
latest reply

Sad to say the world is getting crazier by the minute.

Good reasons to use a PO Box and not do local pickup.

Message 59 of 68
latest reply

I would never take a threat seriously from someone that puts it in writing. Respond to the threat with the Rodney GIF and then block the buyer on the messaging app and communicate only through ebay.

giphy.gif

Message 60 of 68
latest reply