cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer open up a case for $0.99 item during the weekend and got excalated 24 hours later

OK, I don’t usually write on forums but this is killing me, I sold an item for $0.99 to a buyer in Japan, last Saturday evening the buyer open up a case for item not received, usually the seller has 3 business days to "make things right" for the buyer however the case got escalated on Sunday (exactly 24 hours later) and the buyer got refunded and my concern is that i got a non-resolution case about this, I called eBay and they told me this is a new policy regarding items not received, What is going on with eBay?? Are they going nuts? The buyer open up a case during the weekend and the case closed during the weekend? for those who don’t know the maximum amount of cases without a seller resolution is up to 0.3% or 1 every 333 items, it’s not even worth it sell items for $0.99 anymore, Take a look at the screenshot and tell me what do you think.

Cliffton

Message 1 of 714
latest reply
713 REPLIES 713

Buyer open up a case for $0.99 item during the weekend and got excalated 24 hours later

OK i notice something new, After taking another look at the case details the original message was changed to: "There was a technical error on eBay. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be included when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update in your Seller Dashboard." - so basiclly this was not a test, it was a technical error, sceenshot in attach.

Cliffton

Message 706 of 714
latest reply

@c.muscat wrote:

OK i notice something new, After taking another look at the case details the original message was changed to: "There was a technical error on eBay. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be included when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update in your Seller Dashboard." - so basiclly this was not a test, it was a technical error, sceenshot in attach.

Cliffton

Most of us knew that was coming.

(*Bleep*)
Message 707 of 714
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

@c.muscat wrote:

Cliffton

Lipstick on a pig...

Message 708 of 714
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

@c.muscat wrote:

Cliffton

Lipstick on a pig...

So whats been being touted as a test over the last 700 posts, is now label in a message as an error? Interesting turn of events.

Message 709 of 714
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@c.muscat wrote:

Cliffton

Hey Cliffton, I want to clarify once again for you and everyone here that this was in fact a test and the message you receive about a technical error would not indicate that there was no test running. A pilot can be in place for something we are testing out, and an technical issue can occur within the same transaction. Additionally, this messaging is automated and is commonly presented when a defect has been removed by our system. I wanted to make sure this was clear fo everyone since this thread has become so lengthy and the chance of misunderstanding is higher with so much to read.

Message 710 of 714
latest reply

Some companies use a "sandbox" for testing.

The goal is to not alarm real people, or put them through misery.

Message 711 of 714
latest reply

OK, its an old thread but a similar thing has happen to me again and i don't want to open a new thread, so basically i sold an item for $5.22 USD on 10 November to a buyer in Brazil, on 19 December the buyer open a dispute stating he did not recive the item, the item was send with tracking number via "SF Express", The tracking number does not show up if you try to trace via 17track.net or trackitonline.ru with the carrier "auto detect", you have to specify the carrier that it was send via "SF Express" to show delivery information, anyway to cut a long story short the item was delivered to the buyer on 25 November 2017 and i contact eBay, told them where to trace the item, they confirm the item was delivered to the correct address and they close the case in my favor (see first picture in attach), however yesterday I received an stating that eBay has debit my account $5.22 since i promised the buyer to issue a refund (not true) but didn't issue it, plus i got a non resolution defect on my account, I contact eBay and explained that the item was delivered to the buyer with a tracking number to a correct address, they told me that the buyer stating that has not received the item and we have to appeal the case in the buyer favor, they told me for a refund you need to contact the buyer - WHAT?? the buyer got the item, where is the Seller Protection?? for the non resolution case the customer support told me they can't do noting about it, they explain that i have a good performance and this non resolution case will not affect my performance, this is crazy, I have been selling on eBay for the last 13 years and this is the first time eBay appeal the case against me after it was closed in my favor, the item showing delivered, eBay told me they can't do noting about it and for the non resolution case eBay stating "i have a good performance", what if i received 2 or 3 more similar cases to this, the non resolution case is only 0.3% - anyone can explain to me what is going on with eBay here? because I got feed up with eBay now...

Message 712 of 714
latest reply

Wow.. tomorrow is the six month anniversary of this 99 cent thread and has accumulated over 700 posts.

What more could possibly be said? LOL
"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 713 of 714
latest reply

its a different issue now, I should open a new tread...

Message 714 of 714
latest reply