cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If your Holiday gifts arrive a little late this year it could be because of this:

Late last night strange noises began coming from the downstairs kitchen / pantry area. It sounded as though someone had broken in. Mindlessly erring on the side of caution, dialed 911 and crept quietly down the stairs to investigate the situation. It was only Santa.

Normally we would leave out some milk and cookies for him, but this time we forgot. Well, that is only half true. We did forget to leave out some milk, but we were actually out of cookies, because . . . . well . . . . ummmm . . . . i ate them all myself. 😞

I started feeling a bit guilty, but the moment the slightest tinge of guilt appears, a 'rationalization switch' goes off in my head. NO! This is NOT all about my own greed and glutony - two of the 'deadly sins' by the way. It is simply about the poor planning utilized while shopping. I should have simply bought more cookies. If more cookies were purchased, this problem would not exist. There would have been plenty of cookies for everybody - including Santa.

But then, is that really true, or would there have been simply more cookies for me? Well anyway, back to the story.

The police arrived, and we tried to explain to them it was all just a big mistake. Nobody broke in, and it was only Santa. And Santa himself was pleading with them, insisting that he was actually Santa and not just some fat old bearded weirdo in a red suit. Well the cops wouldn't have it that way, and Santa got arrested.

A couple hours went by before we could get Santa bailed out so he could finish his job. At that time he still had half the world to do, and precious time was running out!

So if any of your gifts arrive a little late this year, i am sorry. My bad. 😞

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If your Holiday gifts arrive a little late this year it could be because of this:

I borrowed this from another poster & post in jest. I mean no disrespect or harm to anyone. It’s just funny! 😀

Twas the night after New Years and all through the house
not a creature was stirring not even a louse
the returns were all stacked by the computer with care
in the knowledge that ole ebay's refunds would soon be there

We shopped all through November and spent much more than we had
but bills will wait til January so no reason to be sad
the mailman came every day but this isn't costing us a dime
We got to use everything for quite a long time

Cindy got a toy that was broken into two
and 4 of the games have been beaten by Lou
The movies we've seen a dozen times or more
They don't allow us to do this at our local store

Ma and her torn dress and slightly broken shoe
me and my suit that used to be blue
The Christmas china, there is only one broken plate
and where is the vintage sugar bowls mate

The Customer rep said its ok, it is a business cost
And not to worry nothing at ebay is going to be lost
I enjoyed the holiday season and feel so gay
I plan on doing all my shopping next year on ebay
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I desperately needed a laugh. I was trying to cook part of our dinner yesterday & Murphy’s law intervened. Pretty much everything went wrong!
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi Patricia, Merry Christmas.

Sorry for the trouble with your dinner.

I hope you have a nice Christmas anyway.

Holly

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately I had a similar experience except I shot the guy. 

He should not have been dressed like the Easter Bunny and carry a gun.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@best_vintage_photos

It was the night before christmas about 3 AM

There was a knock on the door.... we got a warrent and we are coming in.

But it was a jolly old elf wanting to come in

His nose was red, and his clothes somewhat tattered.

I handed him a beer, and ask what was the matter.

He said you would not believe the house I was just in.

The milk was all blinky, and then there was the rotwiller

I think I was tazed but I don't remember.

He pulled out a lucky and I drew us both shots, (he preferes gin)

He turned to my wife and said naughty or nice... oh never mind.

And that was about the time the cops showed up

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

lol moment

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

A couple hours went by before we could get Santa bailed out so he could finish his job. At that time he still had half the world to do, and precious time was running out!

So if any of your gifts arrive a little late this year, i am sorry. My bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should've left him in jail, I almost got a negative because of him.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

So if any of your gifts arrive a little late this year, i am sorry. My bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should've left him in jail, I almost got a negative because of him.

Maybe we should have left him in jail. Come to think of it, as i look around here, it appears that some of my items seem to be missing. Could it be that the big bag he always lugs around was empty when he first arrived? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

So my next post here might be titled: 'Who else got robbed by Santa this year?'

Message 9 of 9
latest reply