cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Email- Help answer a question from the eBay community.

Okay I received an email from eBay, direct to my personal email, but not in eBay messages

Help answer a question from the eBay community.

An eBay member has a question for you.

A buyer is interested in the product you’re selling but they have a question. Can you help them out?

The question:

“in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its”

Okay so not in my messages, doesn't say buyers name and all I can do is answer the question.

that page says :

in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its

Your Answer:5000

All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay. See our All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay. See ourcommunity guidelines.

So what is this and why would I not get a direct ask the seller a question? It does have the item and listing in the email

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Unless this is in your ebay email, I would immediately delete it.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

This isn't the first one of these mentioned here.  Apparently the questions are coming from the listing Q&A instead of the Contact Seller link.

Another one of those ....  ummm  ... improvements.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

But I have a question for you.

What is that thing?

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@badrock  I was offered $ 25,400,000 once ... boy was I tempted to just click the "Accept the money" link ... wonder if it was legit, huh!?!  Only use eBay messaging for official correspondence on eBay, ignore all other emails about eBay business unless it is from eBay themselves ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Yes it is the listing Q&A but does not have any info on the buyer asking the question. It also says answers will be public in Q&A but I cant find that anywhere. I replied and asked them to contact me through the ask seller a question link on the listing. Had a question from an ebay member in Mexico that wanted to buy this item bur did not have a paypal account and wanted to give me a credit card number. I was like nope paypal only. Might be the same guy

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

lol were you able to find the item  Tristander?

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

this is weird that it was not showing up in my eBay messages
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I found something that looks like a seat off an amusement park ride, but I have no idea what it is, what it does or what it might be used for or by who.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

It is for handicapped children that can't walk it allows them to stand and it has an activity table. This is for kids up to 45 ".

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Aha!  S'okay now.

One of those things that people that need it know about, but other may not.  I thought it might be a medical or theraputic device, but I wasn't sure.

Gotcha'.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I have no idea how you can send an email from the Q&A boards

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@badrock  someone is asking a question about an individual listing using the catalog page.   As I recall that question is emailed to several of the sellers with the idea that one of them will answer.  Those questions are supposed to be about the item in general and not a specific listing.   We can see how that went...

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

On eBay since 1998 and never have seen that. Wonder how the buyer or whatever sees the answer.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@badrock wrote:

On eBay since 1998 and never have seen that. Wonder how the buyer or whatever sees the answer.

This is a new feature, and it's clearly not working they way it should and causing only confusion.

Apparently ebay is looking into how to correct this, but who knows how long that will take. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 34
latest reply