cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer doesn't want item she won & asked me to close the sale. Can I do this? Is there a charge?

How do I "close" a sale instead of cancelling it?  Is there a charge to the seller if I close it instead of cancelling it?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer doesn't want item she won & asked me to close the sale. Can I do this? Is there a charge?

Do not close the sale. It's on the buyer to pay. If she asks you to cancel her buy at her request, do that.  also, let me add. You would do better selling as Buy It Now and not auctions. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The buyer wants you to cancel the transaction; they just didn't use the right technical term for this.  Go ahead and choose 'Buyer requested" as the reason for canceling. There will be no fee.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@mar7479 wrote:

How do I "close" a sale instead of cancelling it?  Is there a charge to the seller if I close it instead of cancelling it?  Thank you.

@mar7479  Your buyer is just using different terminology (and actually incorrectly) - 'closing' a sale means completing it. They just want you to cancel it.

Go ahead and use "buyer requests" when you cancel it. Then just relist. This kind of thing happens.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 4
latest reply