cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August 2018 clothing categoy changes are a disaster

All our polo shirts are now categorized as button down shirts- if you go to change  to a  polo there is no drop down menu- you have to use the 'browse' to find the category. when you change to 'polos' all your item specifics are blanked out! that is a big deal- all the info we put in to the specifics is gone-  not only that the new specifics has no place for material, size and pattern. its a mess. so is male and female active wear- it has all changed to "tops" - the pants skorts etc. . called ebay and spoke to a rep who had no idea what i am talking about so i got a supervisor who took screen shots anad said she will 'call me back'.

if you look at ecommerce bytes it is big news.

another great Ebay update!

anyone else out there having problems have a solution?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: August 2018 clothing categoy changes are a disaster

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dhbookds

Morning, DH. I am not that astute finding all the rules & regs related to eBay.

Would you know where I can find the Category list with its subcats so I can print out. UNLESS, they are not done with the changes in clothing? I had an old list but now can't find it, and I believe I found it someplace on this Board a few months ago. But it would be outdated anyway.

I work better with a hard copy next to me. I want to do some women sweaters' listings today and don't want to have to go back in and try and fix something that the Bots moved/changed. And be faced with the fact I can't change it. Thanks for all of your help with this.  

Don't know where you could get that.......... 

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I see capri under

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Clothing > Pants

Length........along with ankle, knee length, full length   tho what the difference is between ankle and full length I can't fathom......

I could not figure out what you meant until I went in and tried to revise one of my capri's.  Now I understand. Geez! I have to change all of my capri listings now because they did not convert to capri in length when ebay did the change of categories. I guess the style would be casual?

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

I would assume casual.........but believe me when I tell you I know little or nothing about how woman's clothes are handled.

Why not try bulk revision on them and see if that will work?.......it has IS in the menu, I'm pretty sure.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

All of my pants and athletic tights have been moved to Activewear Tops. How this makes sense I have no idea. As I'm sure has been stated before I now have to go through each item, over 500, and edit them one at a time because their item specifics get deleted when I change categories. Please Ebay stop screwing around with things until you have the software to handle the changes correctly. Now I'm taking time from listing and shipping to unscrew the mistakes Ebay made in my store. So very frustrating.

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

Is this why I'm not selling anything, all the categories changed?  So I have to go into my 500 listings and change everything? 

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

When items are put by Ebay into the wrong categories it could definitely affect sales.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

JMO, but Ebay can't possibly list all the possibilities for types of clothing.   There is just no way, and we, as Sellers, try to work with what they give us, but it is not working.  And, they don't ASK the Sellers what their ideas or opinions are and work with that.  I don't think the people making up the categories even sell on Ebay.  At this point I really don't know what is my store is being seen or not seen.  I am too busy to double check the mess Ebay makes of things.  I do know I seem to be off line for the last few days, but we all know that happens on a regular basis. 

Changing things when stores have hundreds of items listed is a nightmare for us.  Item specifics could take days and days of work for us. 

And to think I am paying for this circus......

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 37 of 51
latest reply

Couldn't agree more!  Knit tops have disappeared.  Tunics have disappeared.  Polo shirts have disappeared.  The garbage they added make it possible for me to say if the top is "Mickey Mouse" themed but I can no longer give basic information other than to say it's a "blouse".  What idiot made these changes???

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

Switch to Etsy only 3.5% fees and selling.
Message 39 of 51
latest reply

@indiana-quilts wrote:
Switch to Etsy only 3.5% fees and selling.

You can't sell contemporary clothing on Etsy unless it's your own product.  Fees are 5% FVF and 5% on shipping. 

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

I've noticed this as well. Complete mess. If you can switch it back to Polo's, tons of brands are missing. You can't even find Under Armour in the polo brands... Sizes are blanking out, etc.

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Thankfully I don't list many clothing items, but between last week and today it seems that item specifics under men's pants has a really silly looking addition.  It almost seems like a joke.

I am asked to pick a theme.  Mind you this is a plain ole pair of men's dress pants.

The "themes" I have to pick from are Battle, Rave, Steampunk, Sailing, Samurai, Meditation, or Camouflage.

Really, men need a theme?  Battle dress pants? 

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Thankfully I don't list many clothing items, but between last week and today it seems that item specifics under men's pants has a really silly looking addition.  It almost seems like a joke.

I am asked to pick a theme.  Mind you this is a plain ole pair of men's dress pants.

The "themes" I have to pick from are Battle, Rave, Steampunk, Sailing, Samurai, Meditation, or Camouflage.

Really, men need a theme?  Battle dress pants? 

Well at least in the mens category you can pick dress pants, in the womens pants category they eliminated dress pants in the drop down menu.  I am still trying to figure out how to list womens dress pants.

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
When listing a skirt in the women's clothing category, the options for "occasion" are Belly Dancing, Club Wear, Dance, and Formal. That's it.

LOL. Sorry to laugh, but it is so ridiculous.
I was listing Active Wear for my Athetic clothing and Pole Dancing was one of the options!!!
Message 44 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your run across the 'Pole Dancing' option yet, as a category.  LOL!  It's under Active Wear...Athletics.

Message 45 of 51
latest reply