cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another New Glitch?? New Listings Created Duplicates!

I'm sitting here doing some new listings today.  I had already created 3 earlier with no problems, that when I finished my 4th and shortly thereafter, I received an email from eBay that they removed a Duplicate Listing!

Out of 20 years doing 1000s of eBay listings, I have never made this mistake before.  I thought maybe I forgot to change the title when using Sell Similar.  Nope.  It was the same exact listing that I just posted.

So I go on to my 5th new listing, and once I get done and post it live, sure enough, the title is double and 2 different item numbers come up and both are listed live!

I took a screenshot because I couldn't believe it happened!!  Has anyone else seen this one??  Will that duplicate listing that eBay removed count against my account?? 

eBay is the one who wrongly created this duplicate, NOT ME!

double listing.jpg

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I had that happen to me 3 times about 3 weeks ago and luckily I caught it and deleted the duplicates before they did. I didn't report it as there are so many glitches that they do nothing about I thought why waste my time.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Me too.....heavens sakes.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Me too twice on Friday night. Was late so I thought maybe I was just losing it.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for posting the screen shot...........so often there's no proof except the seller statement that they didn't list/relist twice.

Hopefully, anyone else who sees this will post a screenshot also.............

alan@ebay

need we say.............another glitch?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

It happened to me 3 times last week. The robots caught them and sent me the nasty messages.
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

i called ebay 5x today with the same issue and personal messaged them on facebook. doesn't matter if the item is a new listing or relist. have some ebay duplicate.jpgebay duplicate3.jpgebay duplicate5.jpgebay duplicate2.jpgebay duplicate4.jpgebay duplicate7.jpg

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

So more than a month later it's not fixed. Those screen shots are pretty damning evidence it's an ebay glitch not the seller. Only ebay can assign ID #s.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I have little doubt that these duplicates created by ebay will count toward their 3rd quarter numbers reported to shareholders.

Their desperation is getting almost comical.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I have little doubt that these duplicates created by ebay will count toward their 3rd quarter numbers reported to shareholders.

Their desperation is getting almost comical.

Chicken Little was right ... the sky IS falling.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

well i am still having the duplicate listing issue. i have now called ebay 13 times since Sept 3 to add more to the service ticket. if anyone else is having this issue please call ebay and let them know. Insulted by the last person tonight as though i am doing this not ebay. i have used the duplicate listing scanner to double check listings, but i will get 2 emails of the same item when it duplicates. Feel defeated and afraid to list 50 at a time. what a nightmare. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@ddavelori@dadsfloridatreasure, and others...

You might want to run this duplicate listing scanner tool:  http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

It's free, quick, and a good tool to bookmark.  With all the on-going silliness going on with this site, I run it every time I do a lot of listing or re-listing just to make sure no "funny business" has gone on or if I had a brain fart which sometimes can happen if you're doing a marathon listing session.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

thank you, i have been using that tool the last few days.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Wow, another glitch! Every week there's a new glitch!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@dadsfloridatreasure wrote:

I'm sitting here doing some new listings today.  I had already created 3 earlier with no problems, that when I finished my 4th and shortly thereafter, I received an email from eBay that they removed a Duplicate Listing!

Out of 20 years doing 1000s of eBay listings, I have never made this mistake before.  I thought maybe I forgot to change the title when using Sell Similar.  Nope.  It was the same exact listing that I just posted.

So I go on to my 5th new listing, and once I get done and post it live, sure enough, the title is double and 2 different item numbers come up and both are listed live!

I took a screenshot because I couldn't believe it happened!!  Has anyone else seen this one??  Will that duplicate listing that eBay removed count against my account?? 

double listing.jpg

@dadsfloridatreasure wrote:

double listing.jpg

Yes !  it happened to me just the other day . I listed my last item and then entered the title in search just to make sure it looked okay and there were two exact listings  of the same item . I wasn't sure what to do about it because I was afraid if I removed one then they both would vanish . So I just added a message  that I have only one like this available and the message appeared in both listings  . Shrug . Tulips 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply