cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another New Glitch?? New Listings Created Duplicates!

I'm sitting here doing some new listings today.  I had already created 3 earlier with no problems, that when I finished my 4th and shortly thereafter, I received an email from eBay that they removed a Duplicate Listing!

Out of 20 years doing 1000s of eBay listings, I have never made this mistake before.  I thought maybe I forgot to change the title when using Sell Similar.  Nope.  It was the same exact listing that I just posted.

So I go on to my 5th new listing, and once I get done and post it live, sure enough, the title is double and 2 different item numbers come up and both are listed live!

I took a screenshot because I couldn't believe it happened!!  Has anyone else seen this one??  Will that duplicate listing that eBay removed count against my account?? 

eBay is the one who wrongly created this duplicate, NOT ME!

double listing.jpg

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Another New Glitch?? New Listings Created Duplicates!

Chicken Little was right ... the sky IS falling. newview   -----------------------

I bet thats why he crossed the road too  🙂  tulips 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@Anonymous

any way of checking this out??????

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Beat me to it by tagging an ebay employee.

Although someone tried that 2 months ago and nobody responded.

Hopefully better result this time.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@ddavelori wrote:

i called ebay 5x today with the same issue and personal messaged them on facebook. doesn't matter if the item is a new listing or relist. have some ebay duplicate.jpgebay duplicate3.jpgebay duplicate5.jpgebay duplicate2.jpgebay duplicate4.jpgebay duplicate7.jpg

Thanks for providing these examples, @ddavelori! I'll get these passed over to the tech team for review.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

This duplicate listing glitch continues causing problems.  It duplicated a relisting for me yesterday and then another today.  I have since used the duplicate listing scanner and caught two more this afternoon.  It seems I have to keep checking after each listing because there's no way to know when it will occur again.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@704dianew wrote:

This duplicate listing glitch continues causing problems.  It duplicated a relisting for me yesterday and then another today.  I have since used the duplicate listing scanner and caught two more this afternoon.  It seems I have to keep checking after each listing because there's no way to know when it will occur again.

Hi @704dianew! I brought this up again with the tech team earlier this week. They thought it was resolved for a time but have reopened their investigation as reports continue to come in. We definitely want to get this resolved as soon as possible!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@704dianew wrote:

Hi @704dianew! I brought this up again with the tech team earlier this week. They thought it was resolved for a time but have reopened their investigation as reports continue to come in. We definitely want to get this resolved as soon as possible!

And what steps are being taken to remove the dings sellers incurred from canceling transactions caused by wrongful duplications by eBay?

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, Brian. Appreciate any help you can give with this.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Your right. It happened to me today also. I went and checked my store and it had already been fixed - only one listing in the store.
Message 24 of 24
latest reply