cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Overseas Buyers Steal your product.

I have no Idea why Ebay wants to force Sellers to Sell Overseas.

Every Single Time I ship outside the country, other than Canada.  The Buyer opens an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE"  100% of the time.  And they just steal what ever you send them.

They do it every single time.  Apparently EBAY's Trust Team tells everyone outside the USA that what ever they buy, they can get for free if they just open a case against the seller and say the item is not as described.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: All Overseas Buyers Steal your product.

You're lucky.
Message 31 of 44
latest reply

blokschmok_0 wrote: 

It would take 8 to 10 hours per day devoted to doing nothing but posting messages for all of you shills who have tens of tousands of posts on here to accomplish that.  That would leave you no time to actually sell anything.

Don't pretend like you serial posters with thousands and thousands of posts aren't actually working for EBAY.  Because nobody believes you.

BINGO! 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

I choose not to sell to certain countries but eBay basically forced me to by forcing me to sell to a U.S. Address that then sent the item to the international buyer who then left me a negative, was I supposed to refuse to ship and get a negative anyway? tell me what choice I had there exactly?

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

OP, the simple solution to your problem is to do your research about which countries are problem countries and don't ship to them.

I have shipped hundreds of packages every year to Japan, Australia, Singapore, Canada, Italy, the Nether countries and others, even the Ukraine and never had a problem.   I will never ship to anywhere in Central and South America, Africa and most of Europe.  In fact, I am about to block shipping to the UK, because I have had way too many problems with my transactions with them.   When it gets around 30% it's time to block them.  And there are many countries that have had so many reports of problems, it doesn't make sense to ship there, like Nigeria.

By the way OP, I have well over 10,000 posts and there is no way I can be considered an ebay shill employee.  Some of us just like to help out and chat.  See, I just posted again.

(*Bleep*)
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

I was stolen by a US seller. I'm no longer sending anything to the US. So, it's not just international buyers doing that.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

10% Of my sales are international

I have NEVER had a problem with an international buyer.

The very few fake INADs that I have had over the past few years  have all been from Texas (2) and Michigan (1). The only UA Chargeback was from Texas.

How do I block Texas??? LOL

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

stop selling internationally. 

You would still have all your products to sell, and would not be  OPP by more than $700

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

The very few fake INADs that I have had over the past few years  have all been from Texas (2) and Michigan (1). The only UA Chargeback was from Texas.

Wait until they secede?

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

I've sold literally hundreds of items to other countries in my years on Ebay, and never had a problem. Their money is as good as anyone's. I wouldn't want to NOT have those sales. My non-paying buyers and people that have flat-out acknowleded they didn't bother to read descriptions are all from the U.S. Also, the post office often causes more problems than buyers do, with their lost and delayed packages.

That said, I don't have super-expensive merchandise. I stay completely away from categories that are targets for scams, like electronics, phones and designer bags. But I have a lot of repeat customers from other countries, and I am happy to have those sales.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Wait until they secede?

*sigh* Just got a very vague  message on a different venue (the handmade and vintage one) about damage.  Item delivered 10 days ago ... to .... Texas ...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Wait until they secede?

*sigh* Just got a very vague  message on a different venue (the handmade and vintage one) about damage.  Item delivered 10 days ago ... to .... Texas ...

Maybe that wall needs to be moved a bit north.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

So stop selling internationally , where i literally make 95% of my sales, so I can sell domestically only and maybe make $40 a week if i'm lucky because no one in the U.S. opens INR cases or ever scams items.

That sounds like a solid business plan. I'll get right on that LOL.
Message 42 of 44
latest reply

You said:
 2) I have been selling overseas for well over a decade, and in my last 100+ overseas shipments I have not had a single person claim 'Item not received".

I find that hard to believe. What are you selling? Pencil erasers?

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

@marcfl29 wrote:

You said:
 2) I have been selling overseas for well over a decade, and in my last 100+ overseas shipments I have not had a single person claim 'Item not received".

I find that hard to believe. What are you selling? Pencil erasers?

Why is that hard to believe? I sold hundreds of stamps over seas without tracking and had 3 claim not received. Sometimes, the products you sell have good buyers. 

Message 44 of 44
latest reply